[Result] OKCFC v. scitelhtA asluT 06/15/2014

Discussion in 'Rayo OKC' started by The Devil's Architect, Jun 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welp, I attended the first half of this evening game with my daughter and unfortunately left at half to take care of some work before Monday and missed all the fireworks.

OKC went down 1-0 in the first following some shambolic OKC defending and even worse asluT finishing. OKC's left back didn't left back really didn't cover the Tulsa winger all the much, but the guy couldn't cross to save his life and his 1 good shot was turned away on an acrobatic save from OKC.

Apparently at half, the OKC coach's pep talk worked because OKC handed asluT a 3 foot broom stick and made them feed it up their own poop chute for 4 unanswered goals before Tulsa drew one back and then OKC hung another on them, one short of a blowout comb, for a 5-2 home win.

I went just to see if @USRufnex was going to make the trip but I didn't see him, just a couple of asluT clowns that tried to "Tulsaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" during every Athletics trip into the OKC half.

There were a couple of d-bags in Energy gear, which sort of made them stand out like the d-bags they were. Like wearing your Galaxy kit to a Seattle/Portland game.

Crossposted to "Battle of OKC"

ManuSooner repped this.
  2. ManuSooner

ManuSooner Member+

Nov 15, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We stayed for the whole game. Had a great time! Brought my friend Pete. He had a great time. We are going to try and resurrect a supporters group for OKC FC.

3. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure I totally saw you. Who let in all the "Better take a Selfie" crowd?

4. ManuSooner

ManuSooner Member+

Nov 15, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only thing I noticed was that the Tulsa crowd was just as quiet as most of the OKC fans, which kinda surprised me

5. Laramie

Laramie Member

May 5, 2010
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    So, the Tulsa Athletics were bushwhacked by Oklahoma City FC.

Looks as though our little sister to the northeast of us has had nothing to cheer about to get a rivalry started.

5-2 WOW!

Rufnex, did you witness this slaughter?

2015 will mark the beginning of USL-Pro soccer debut of the Tulsa Roughnecks vs. the Oklahoma City Energy FC; both teams will enjoy their new venues (Tulsa - ONEOK Field & Oklahoma City Taft Stadium).

If Tulsa could just make it back to the NASL?

As Granny us to say, 'If' is a two-letter word; if it had wings, it would be one hell-of-a-bird...

ManuSooner repped this.
  6. ManuSooner

ManuSooner Member+

Nov 15, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe rufnex can fill us in, I hear that they are still looking for some deep pockets to get into NASL. As a matter of fact, OKC NASL is still looking for more investor types, too. It seems, from what I heard, that although USSF requires $20 million in assets for a Div II ownership group, NASL is actually looking for more like $50-$75 million. Can anyone with more intimate knowledge comment?

7. NegativeCreep

NegativeCreep Member

Jun 24, 2011
    OKC
    Club:
    DC United
    " iii. Each team must have and designate one principal owner that owns at least 35% of the team and has authority to bind the team. Such principal owner must have an individual net worth of at least twenty million US dollars exclusive of the value of his/her ownership in the league or team."

http://www.kenn.com/the_blog/?page_id=5449

It appears that the principal owner has to have that much net worth, not the group as a whole. I also seem to remember reading (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong), that if it's group of owners, they want to see a much higher net worth in total. For some reason 50 million is sticking in my head. Again, I could be completely wrong about that.

8. USRufnex

USRufnex Red Card

Tulsa Athletic / Sheffield United
    United States
    Jul 15, 2000
    Tulsa, OK
    Club:
    --other--
    #8 USRufnex, Jun 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
    Almost forgot I needed to reply to this after hearing Sonny utter the words: "Peter Wilt is God."

Couldn't make it to the game... only followed it on twitter for both the A's and OKC FC's feeds... unsurprisingly, OKC didn't post diddley squat... go figure.

You'd think they wouldn't need a pep talk after losing to a team wearing shiny pink jerseys the previous night... wondering how OKC's coach removed that 3 foot broom stick from Brad Lund's ass-- that win actually gives you guys a shot at an open cup game next year... and now that the 3 foot broom stick has been removed from Mr. Lund's patootie, maybe he can finally admit that he has a team... in the NPSL... competing this year...

Wanted to go... but being Father's Day... and a home game the night before... and the big USA game the day after... at Fassler Hall...
    [​IMG]

we couldn't seem to find anybody from the Ultras who'd make the trip to Casady HS to watch... too bad, since we managed a dozen or so to roadtrip to Joplin on a Tuesday night... oh, and if the weather gurus got it wrong in Okie City, I could totally see Brad Lund cancel/reschedule Sunday's game due to five minutes of dangerous drizzle...

I guess d-bag is in the eye of the beholder... after all, I will be wearing Athletics' gear to ONEOK Field for USA - Portugal on the big screen...

Ditto.

9. USRufnex

USRufnex Red Card

United States
    Jul 15, 2000
    Tulsa, OK
    Club:
    --other--
    Not a soccer fan, now are you?
    The game in Tulsa the night before was a 2-0 win for the A's in front of 3,747 at Tulsa Athletics Stadium.
    The fifth goal Sunday night was scored in injury time with Tulsa pushing up...

A baseball specific stadium and a new high school football stadium...
    You have no idea what's really going on here...

10. ManuSooner

ManuSooner Member+

Nov 15, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah...but your team still lost on Sunday night. And all the name-calling, and insults about future playing facilities won't change that :) bahahahahahahah. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Laramie repped this.
  11. NegativeCreep

NegativeCreep Member

Jun 24, 2011
    OKC
    Club:
    DC United
    Didn't they win the night before? And beat Yukon FC in the preseason tournament? And sit at the top of the table?

12. ManuSooner

ManuSooner Member+

Nov 15, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Doesn't matter. For one shining moment we were better. First loss in regular season EVER for TA.

13. TulsaUltras

TulsaUltras New Member

Mar 27, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    It was a good strategy by OKCFC to cancel the first match bc of a chance of rain(oh yeah it never rained). Many of our fans got hosed out of that deal btw, who already had hotels booked and such. For the match yeah we lost our legs in the 2nd half, you can really tell our guys were playing their 4th match in 8 days.

14. ManuSooner

ManuSooner Member+

Nov 15, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah...it was all part of a grand scheme

15. USRufnex

USRufnex Red Card

United States
    Jul 15, 2000
    Tulsa, OK
    Club:
    --other--
    Not a grand scheme... that'd be giving your front office waaaaaayyyy too much credit.
    Maybe you guys can throw together a supporters group for the playoffs we'll be hosting... Red Dirt Brigade II -- Electric Boogaloo...

16. Laramie

Laramie Member

May 5, 2010
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Casual fan you might say? Went up the Turnpike enough to be Turner's illegitimate son for many of the Roughnecks' games including a 1979 historic 3-0 win over the New York Cosmos with well over 25,000 at Skelly Stadium.

Roughnecks-Cosmos:

Tulsa Rocked...

Tulsa would be a shoe-in for an MLS franchise if they can produce half those attendance numbers today. Why not; the metropolitan area has over 300,000 more residents than it registered in 1980.

You don't have to convince me that Tulsa is one of soccer's best kept secrets..

davideinstein repped this.
  17. Laramie

Laramie Member

May 5, 2010
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nah, that 'Dancing Queen' disco ball testicle disappeared in the 90s; unfortunately USRufnex, you didn't get the memo.

Well, we're not known as a soccer town; however we're going to get to the soccer summit (MLS) and enjoy the NASL & USL-Pro for the time being.

18. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you guys are interested, there's a cross in Edmond big enough for you all to hang on.

FCjason, Laramie and NegativeCreep repped this.
  19. NegativeCreep

NegativeCreep Member

Jun 24, 2011
    OKC
    Club:
    DC United
    That made me laugh more than it should have.

FCjason and Laramie repped this.
  20. OkieZebra

OkieZebra Member

Aug 11, 2013
    Club:
    Norwich City FC
    You booked hotels in Oklahoma City? I mean, I understand not wanting to go back to Tulsa, but if that was it, you just would have moved already.

Laramie and ManuSooner repped this.
  21. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rack'em

22. USRufnex

USRufnex Red Card

United States
    Jul 15, 2000
    Tulsa, OK
    Club:
    --other--
    Considering we're playing Jesus FC of San Antonio this Friday, a big cross could come in handy... and 99-cent beer...
    [​IMG]

Laramie repped this.
  23. TulsaUltras

TulsaUltras New Member

Mar 27, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Some of us like to drink and not drive, so yeah we booked hotels. Most of us would probably been kicked out of the game since you were playing at a high school anyway.

24. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Should I know and or care who "Sonny" is?

I guess that was why there wasn't any singing from Tulsa, that guy ws busy tweeting

What does the color pink have to do with it?

Can't afford a US jersey?

davideinstein and ManuSooner repped this.
  25. ManuSooner

ManuSooner Member+

Nov 15, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The first step I hear is admitting you have a problem