Result of Mexico vs USMNT

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by killedelvis, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Numero_9

Numero_9 Member

Mar 31, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Mexico wins 2-0.

2. killedelvis

killedelvis New Member

Feb 21, 2005
    State of Denial
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting results.....As of 00:15 on 3-25-05 (rounded)
    Between 28.6% to 34.8 of voters think Mexico will be shut out.
    Between 15.1% and 18.1% think the US will be shut out.
    A MASSIVE 76.5% expect the US to get a point or points from this match.
    52.9% expect the US to win.
    Only 23.6% expect the result to be a draw.
    Only 23.5% expect Mexico to win.

Interesting.

3. Numero_9

Numero_9 Member

Mar 31, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Whos the CONCACAF giant now? :rolleyes:

4. Solid444

Solid444 Member+

Jun 21, 2003
    Only 76.5% of Bigsoccer were wrong, that says a lot about the the users here.

5. Solid444

Solid444 Member+

Jun 21, 2003
    Only 76.5% of Bigsoccer were wrong, that says a lot about the users here.

Interesting

6. Solid444

Solid444 Member+

Jun 21, 2003
  7. Luis_Garcia

Luis_Garcia New Member

Mar 27, 2005
    Mexico City
    And Mexico wins :cool:

[​IMG]

8. RafaMarquez

RafaMarquez New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    Rosarito
  9. RafaMarquez

RafaMarquez New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    Rosarito
    [​IMG]

and still the heeeaavvyyweiighhtt chaaaaammmpiiiooon of cooonnnccccaaacccaaaffff

MEEEEEEXXXXXXIIIIICCCCCCCOOOOOOOO

10. killedelvis

killedelvis New Member

Feb 21, 2005
    State of Denial
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And IF the US wins the return leg, would that make the US the "heeeaavvyyweiighhtt chaaaaammmpiiiooon of cooonnnccccaaacccaaaffff ", or would it mean that they are two very even teams?
    Now that we've seen the same old story for the US (can't win in Mexico), what about Mexico? Can they suck it up and beat the US outside of Mexico?

And a third meeting in the Gold Cup could be interesting too.

11. RafaMarquez

RafaMarquez New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    Rosarito
    I think the heavy weight will be disputed over who does better finishing the HEX, isnt that a fair argument ?

12. killedelvis

killedelvis New Member

Feb 21, 2005
    State of Denial
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed.
    That is fair. Although I do hope that both sides go all out in the rematch. It would be a shame if Mexico or the US had already clinched a spot and decided to try out new rosters. Then again, that's the way it goes sometimes.
    And the pics you posted were neat too.

13. whip

whip Member

Aug 5, 2000
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    So Mexico is the the numero uno in CONCACAF.....? TOO LATE FOR THAT....and todays game...not to demerit Mexican efforts, were more an experiment by Bruce than a tactical prose from LaVolpe .....Oyenwo...? Noonan..? Bealey on the right..? Mc Bride on the Bench ?... bunker ball...?

14. Numero_9

Numero_9 Member

Mar 31, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    excuses.......excuses.....excuses.....excuses.....excuses....excuses...make as many of them as u want....cause in the end im still satisfied by the RESULT of the game and the perfomance of the Mexican team... :cool:

15. Solid444

Solid444 Member+

Jun 21, 2003
    Were if Bruce Arena is still experimenting at this state, the US is in a lot of trouble

Looking at how Mexico and the US played today that is a pretty big "IF"

16. Inamsay

Inamsay New Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Not quite as i predicted (3-1) but the 2-1 was nice. Could have been 4-1 easily but Mexico didn't put em in, however they manage to put in the key ones in the first half. I was a nice game, spiced up by the US goal towards the end. In the first half, the US did not take advantage of Donovan's talent by throwing em back to defend as a midfield shield. The US's goal, was started by him. Alberto Medina who entered in the second half forced the americans to be cautious in the back instead of searching the goal with all eleven. So that was a good move by LaVolpe.
    Nice game honestly.

GO MEXICO!

17. Piedraias

Piedraias Member+

Feb 27, 2005
    Califas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i so fuc k ing called this
    this goes out to the little boy with the receding hair line
    f u k you so much, you are so obnoxious you're like in my top five people i hate
    goooooooooooo mexico

18. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France

Now lets not get crazy here. I predicted that Mexico would win and... they did. If the two teams played on a neutral pitch (like world cup 2002), then I think the US is the better team. Nice win for you guys though, but don't let it get to your head.

19. Balonpie

Balonpie Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Scenic Carrollton
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Mexican was clrearly the better side on Sunday. There is no question. They saw weaknesses and exploited it like a good team should have. Our defense left plenty to be desired and our attack lacked crispness. Our match against Guatemala took a new meaning when in the referee blew his whistle in Azteca. Mexico is no CONCACAF champ no more than the USMNT would have been if we had won. The Mexican did what it was supposed to do and that is win in Azteca. It is unfortunate that the best team did not play up to its potential. To find out who the best in CONCACAF we will have to wait for the results of the HEX. Congratulations to Mexico for their victory as they were the best team between 1200-1400 on 27MAR05.
    One some unsolicited piece of advise and one question.
    Cut Blanco now. That miscreant will cost you more than what you think and tell Kikin to cool his jets. Someone will eventually provoke those guys and get red-carded.

What did La Volpe say to get sent off?

20. Stan Collins

Stan Collins Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Silver Spring, MD
    You did turn out to have a point that Mexico scored the second while the US was still trying to figure out what to do about the first. I don't know why LaVolpe subbed Borgetti out before Blanco, though. Borgetti terrorized our defense, where Blanco was useless.

21. Inamsay

Inamsay New Member

Mar 26, 2005
    What did i say?

Mexico 2-1.

It was a good game, the US repects Mexico too much in the Azteca which is what fvcks them in the end. If they played like they play outside of Mexico, they would have better chances. They did not take advantage of Donovan's talent in the first half. They had em busy defending rather than attacking.
    So long as Mexico repects the US, they can beat em.

22. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    I'm sorry, I couldn't hear all the respect that the Mexicans had for the US. Must have been drowned out by the "Osama" chants.

23. Inamsay

Inamsay New Member

Mar 26, 2005
    In reply to Stan Collins:

My man, Blanco is not a forward, even though he acts like one. Yesterday's game showed exactly what Blanco's job is in the field. Take a look at the second goal. Carmona in the right side, cuts in towards the midfield and swtiches all the way to the left field, blanco hits it one touch and suprises the US defense, both defenders go for Borghetti, and leave Zinha wide open, Borghetti just headers it to Zinha's shoes and GOAL.
    Blanco's move was what suprised the defense, the key of the second goal and therefore the game

24. Solid444

Solid444 Member+

Jun 21, 2003
    Smartest thing anyone has said

25. Inamsay

Inamsay New Member

Mar 26, 2005
    I'm sorry, I couldn't hear all the respect that the Mexicans had for the US. Must have been drowned out by the "Osama" chants.

TEXGATOR, when I say respect, i mean in the field. Mexico lost against the US in the World Cup because Mex had to respect for the US, it underestimated. What happens outside of the field cannot be controlled. In the last game between these two teams, at the Reliant Stadium in Houston, When US won with a last minute goal 1-0, there was a white fold with a big ass sign that read "Remember the Alamo"

WTF?

This crap is uncalled for but uncontrollable. I admit its wrong but what can one do.