Reserves: Spector, J. Johnson & Yelldell - Blackburn vs. Man Utd

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by IMOX77, Oct 27, 2004.

1. IMOX77

IMOX77 New Member

Jun 15, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    http://www.rovers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/ReserveNewsDetail/0,,10303~581866,00.html

2. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    Nice work!

Johnson is 19-20???

If he isn't getting any first team time at Blackburn or on loan, I think he ought to come home. Real Salt Lake is gonna need forwards.

3. striker

striker Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Has Gallagher been playing much with Blackburn's first team this season? I thought he was somewhat productive when he got his chances to play last season.

4. IMOX77

IMOX77 New Member

Jun 15, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    I doubt he would be coming home atleast anytime soon, I think hes been in England since he was 6.

He is 19 according to Blackburns Official site. Date of Birth: 5/03/1985
    Date of Birth: 03/05/1985

5. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    It's not news to many folks here, but Johnson actually started at Manchester United. Their academy director told me he used to destroy people as an early teen. Anyway, his career seems far from over -- and no doubt he enjoyed scoring just a little bit more as a result.

Funny, if Cooper were still in England there might have been five Yanks in this match. Six, actually, if Howard... never mind.

6. IMOX77

IMOX77 New Member

Jun 15, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Is it true that he was removed from their academy because he assaulted/punched another academy player? I read that on the net about a year ago though it was being discussed on a message board it was not a legitimate report.

7. dheck

dheck Member

Sep 20, 1999
    Chapel Hill, NC, USA
    Maybe that's what the academy director meant by "used to destroy people as an early teen." :eek:

8. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has Jemal Johnson been capped in any England or US youth nat teams? It seems that if he has been in England since six he may identify himself with England and want to play for them.

9. Shaydee

Shaydee Member

Apr 8, 2002
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i believe johnson is held in high regard by blackburn. he was set for a loan to i believe burnley but when hughes came in he scrapped that because he wanted to johnson play

10. PaulGascoigne

PaulGascoigne Member+

Feb 5, 2001
    Aotearoa/NZ
    :D

11. IMOX77

IMOX77 New Member

Jun 15, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    The loan that Blackburn were close agreeing on was to the same club as Adolfo Gregorio, Darlington. Your right when the new coach came in he wanted to get a better feel for Jemal.
    http://www.tribalfootball.com/september/englsnews230904.html

12. Fulhamfc3

Fulhamfc3 New Member

Sep 26, 2004
    Las Vegas
    Blackburn need someone to score for them because Stead hasnt done all that well this year. Will Johnson ever get some playing time this year?

13. IMOX77

IMOX77 New Member

Jun 15, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Not sure but he recently represented Canadas u17 team against the US in Minnesota during the summer.

14. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    I hadn't heard that Johnson story, and at any rate Ryan didn't mention it. Put another way, I've just used far too many words to "I've nothing to add."

15. GersMan

GersMan Member

May 11, 2000
    Indianapolis
    That would be Will Johnson who played for Canada, not Jemal. Will was born in Canada to English parents and played his club soccer in Chicago with Sockers.

My understanding is that Will has returned home and is no longer under contract with Blackburn. Perhaps with expanded rosters and reserve-team matches next year, he can find a place in MLS.

16. IMOX77

IMOX77 New Member

Jun 15, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    i read Fulhamfc's post to quick and thought he was asking about William Johnson insted of the question he asked about Jemal Johnson.

Blackburns official site does say he is no longer with the academy but they do say he was born in "Woodbridge, IL, USA". Wouldnt he atleast somehow be an american citizen for him play with the Adidas 87 ODP all star team that went to Holland in the spring of 03 and to also play with u17's at the Disney Soccer Showcase in 2002
    http://www.ussoccer.com/news/fullstory.sps?iNewsID=25917&itype=113&iCategoryID=63