Reserves: Arsenal v. Coventry [R]

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by naggi, Sep 20, 2004.

1. naggi

naggi Member

Feb 15, 2002
    san francisco
  2. fox point fury

May 19, 2001
    Providence
    If RvP's shots rate 2 "stunnings" he must be closing in on the first team, especially with AW's recent statement that he's going to be a "revelation" in the middle of the pitch.

I'm glad Sol didn't have any problems but considering the players he had in front of him and the fact that it was against Coventry reserves he probably didn't see much action.

If anyone actually went to the match I'd like to know where Karby was used at the end.

3. Przybylinski

Przybylinski New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Smallville
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Good to see Sol playing. Hope he'll be back in the next week or so to full play. Not sure if it will be Saturday, but maybe by the next week.

Hope they get RvP out there for a game soon. Maybe Man City would be a perfect opponent.

4. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    I didn't go as I was playing football myself, but a friend went and he told me that Daniel came on for 5 mins and played right Mid. He didn't have much to do though.

One thing I will say, i think it's worrying that Justin Hoyte has been injured. People will remember he is one of the youngsters I think will make the first team and is a really good prospect for the future. As of yet we don't know how bad the injury is, but he had a bad injury last year and was out for months. I really hope this isn't a reoccurrance of that.

5. Trigger

Trigger New Member

Aug 15, 2004
    al'right dave ?
    Hoyte was looking promising, that's a big worry as I'd have liked to seem him pushing Lauren this season for right back but the main concern is Campbell. Cygan, well there's enough posts on him and every time he plays the streak is in jeapody.

Dear lord Arsene ( since he is god anyway ) please deliver our Sol soon.

6. gwunwai

gwunwai New Member

Jul 5, 2004
    How was Senderos? I would really like to see him in action.

7. AmericanGunner

AmericanGunner New Member

Sep 7, 2003
    U.S.A.
    The highlights were on Sky Sports on Fox Sports World. van Persie's 2nd goal was a cracker. He sure has a great shot from distance. I heard from someone who was at the match in Barnet that Senderos and Sol didn't have much to do.

8. michaec

michaec Member

Arsenal
    England
    May 24, 2001
    Essex
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Good to see Sol get 90 minutes. We need him back now. And if Senderos can get a few games under his belt in the reserves he can hopefully make an impact on the backup cantre back spot ahead of Cygan.

Also nice to see van Persie get a couple. I like it that Wenger has stuck him in the reserves for a few games, it shows players who come to the club that you need to work for your place.

9. shayne

shayne New Member

Aug 28, 2004
    I see that Flamini scored as well. Does anyone know how he played in general? I would be interested to know where exactly he is being played and what sort of role he adopts.

10. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would have to assume he played in the center of the park (midfield) but perhaps Rick or one of our other London brethren can verify that.

11. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe

Im afraid I didn't go to this match, but at Everton for example he came on at right midfield. I see him though as a central midfielder. He doesn't have the pace for a winger, yet seems to be a good passer and tackler. Maybe in the League Cup we will have more of an idea, as I expect that he will start in the middle alongside Cesc.

12. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England
    According to the CCFC site Campbell probably didn't even touch the ball more than 10 times...

Not the toughest of workouts then!

Do we want a semi fit Campbell or a fully fit Cygan in the centre against the speed of Wright-Phillips and Anelka

Serious answers only please, well unless they're really funny!

13. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
  14. michaec

michaec Member

Arsenal
    England
    May 24, 2001
    Essex
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think that nay actual game where Sol is reacting to the what is going on in a real match situation, organising those around him and concentrating on the game can only sharpen him up. Straight back in for me.

15. gwunwai

gwunwai New Member

Jul 5, 2004
    He scored a stunning goal from some distance out, first time effort on a defender clearance, and it went in like a bullet.

16. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    That's easy...

Cygan. Sol's game is not speed anyway. There is absolutely no need to rush him. We've got well over 40 first team games left this season. We need him far more in April and May than in September.