Reserve Team

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by crewzer1308, Apr 3, 2005.

1. crewzer1308

crewzer1308 New Member

May 11, 2004
    Ohio
    Did they play today?

2. swedcrip34

swedcrip34 New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    I don't think so. First official game is April 24th, first home game May 1.

http://www.ussoccer-data.com/schdmenu.htm

This site seems good for getting schedules. Select developmental league.

There have been threads around each forum when this came out, so I won't list the whole schedule (and remember it's very suspect to late changes).

Some teams start this next weekend April 9-10. There'll probably be several games against non-MLS opponents, but the PDL hasn't started, and most of the USL haven't either. The college season is in the fall though some teams might be available during the spring (but probably not around finals which are probably coming up soon).

Columbus will play DC, Metrostars, Chicago, Colorado, and Salt Lake both home & away. Columbus only plays NE at NE and only plays Chivas at Columbus.

3. mutinywxgirl

mutinywxgirl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 6, 1999
    St. Petersburg, FL
    ;) You're welcome for the initial link to this site....it seems everyone is enjoying using it.

Just make sure you check it right before the game, as any changes will be posted on it, since the referees use it to know where they are going. If there is to be a change, it'll be on there, before it gets published anywhere else.

4. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    That schedule is not "totally" correct in a true sense.

They have not set the venues and time for the reserve matches here in Columbus, those are just current estimates. When I talked to Mark about this he said they'll most probably play the other MLS reserve teams at the stadium and any USL-sides at Obetz. They are still working on the times for the matches...

5. mutinywxgirl

mutinywxgirl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 6, 1999
    St. Petersburg, FL
    It is as "correct" as they have the information as of today. That's the way this site works. The games have to get in there in advance in order to begin finding referees, then, as information is provided, the site gets updated.

6. myshap

myshap Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Sirk has some good info on the reserve games in his Notebook.

Oh by the way the game against the Kings in Cincy is Wed April 13 at Xavier U. I'm not sure about the game in Washington, PA though.

Close by PDL clubs are:
    Cleveland Internationals
    Indiana Invaders
    Kalamazoo Kingdom
    Michigan Bucks
    Toledo Slayers