Request NC Courage Subforum in NWSL

Discussion in 'Forum Requests and Voting' started by CoachJon, Jan 19, 2017.

1. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Several of us NWSL posters request a new NC Courage subforum. It is a new franchise in NWSL, replacing the Western NY Flash.

We also request that the existing Western NY Flash subforum be moved to the NWSL Expansion subforum to preserve it, along with the other former teams located there: Atlanta Beat, LA Sol, Philadelphia Independence, etc.

Finally, the existing "NC Courage 2017" thread in the existing Western NY subforum should be put into the new NC Courage subforum.

Thank You
    -CJ

MiLLeNNiuM and holden repped this.
  2. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    I second this.

3. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I minus one this. Unnecessary at this point. I don't see enough Courage-centric posting on the main NWSL forum to indicate that a Courage specific forum would be anything other than a ghost town.

And unlike the other two posters, I'm actually located in Raleigh-Durham, and was a big fan of the original Courage and plan to embrace the new team.

4. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    So you're saying that only people that live in Raleigh-Durham can be fans of the team and post there? :rolleyes:

It's about constancy. If you want to use activity as the basis for wether the Courage deserve one, then look at the activity in the other ones. Is the Courage activity really lower than those ones? Like I said in the other thread, "Most of them don't have more than 1 or 2 threads active at a time (and some you'd be hard-pressed to even say 1 is active). So they either need to take away every team's subform, or make a NC Courage one."

5. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I said nothing about non-area residents being fans of the team. Experience shows most team-related posting comes from locals.

I don't care about the other teams and their forums. Just because Team A has a forum, doesn't affect Team B. Does it?

My personal self worth isn't determined by consistency. If the fans of some other team would like to have their forum done away with, that's really up to them and the administrators.

I just don't see the need to create a forum for the Courage until there appears to be enough interest in it.

6. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    And I said nothing about your personal self worth. It's about consistency from a forum administrative perspective not from a make some random internet poster happy perspective.

7. MiLLeNNiuM

MiLLeNNiuM Member+

Aug 28, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would also like to request a sub-forum be created for the new NC Courage team.

CoachJon repped this.
  8. Airox

Airox Member

Mar 14, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would also like to request a sub-forum for NC Courage team.

Seems like there's a bit of discussion about the team here already :p

CoachJon repped this.
  9. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    a) The creation of the NC Courage was announced on or about January 6, 2017, so how could there be much NC Courage-centric posting, anywhere?
    b) From your phrasing, I think your view of things is that a massive amount of posting about one topic is needed to justify creation of a sub-forum for that topic. You appear to reject the idea that a subforum could be justified for any other reason. Others disagree with you on those points.

10. CrankyDefender

Apr 24, 2014
    So why don't you embrace it now and post something team-related in the NC Courage 20117 thread?
    What do you think about trading Alanna Kennedy to Orlando for Sam Witteman?
    How do you think Debinha and Rosana are going to fit into the team?
    What do you think is the best path forward regarding the three goal keepers that are signed?
    Should they or should they not replace Eddy at right fullback?
    Is Erceg better for the team at center back or at D-Mid?​

11. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I rarely make those kinds of posts in the Sporting Kansas City forum. Once they start playing preseason games, I'm sure there'll be opinions worth sharing. Then again, you can see how active the Carolina RailHawks forum is.
    http://forums.bigsoccer.com/forums/carolina-railhawks.1260/

In the last 365 days there have been 2 posts in a thread that had been dead for 3 years, 4 posts added to a five year-old thread wondering where everyone went, and 37 posts in a thread about the NCFC rebranding. Only one new thread in the last year and less than one post per week. After the initial excitement of relocation, I would expect a Courage forum to do no better.

12. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Which is more activity than 90% of the NWSL team's forums get.

13. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    And for that you want a whole new subforum created?

14. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Like I said in the other thread:

15. MiLLeNNiuM

MiLLeNNiuM Member+

Aug 28, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hello,

@BigSoccer
    @dark knight
    @bungadiri
    @Bonnie93

I would like to respectfully request the help of a super mod please.
    Would someone please be kind enough to either add a sub-sub-forum for the new team NC Courage (preferable) or delete all the sub-sub-forums for all teams under the NWSL sub-forum and just move all threads under the NWSL sub-forum, I think the majority of fans here would be indebted.

Thank you.

CrankyDefender repped this.
  16. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Or keep things the way they are currently, whatever you feel is best.

17. Gamecock14

Gamecock14 Member+

May 27, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I approve if and only if I can be the mod. I need that power trip over two people.

AndyMead repped this.
  18. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Only if @Mr. Warmth agrees to be co-moderator

Gamecock14 repped this.
  19. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I accept this noble responsibility, thrust upon me

AndyMead repped this.
  20. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I would like to change my vote. I am all for a North Carolina Courage forum.

MiLLeNNiuM repped this.
  21. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    I don't think Mr Warmth is needed. There's no roof at WakeMed for people to say amplifies the sound.

22. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    In that case I rescind my change. I'm all for the current status quo.

23. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry for the delay. I'll see if I can nudge somebody about this. I'd address it directly, but forum structure changes are not part of my portfolio.

MiLLeNNiuM repped this.
  24. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    I can't tell if @AndyMead is serious but do we need to add a new team forum?

25. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    If you want to follow the previous precedent, then yes, you need to add a new team forum and move the WNY Flash one to the Expansion subforum. There will likely be a couple expansion teams being added in the next few years, so you would need to add more at that time, as well.

If you want to shake things up a bit (and make future handling of expansion teams easier), then I would say get rid of all of the team subforums like MiLLeNNiuM stated. I would also suggest moving the threads in the NWSL Expansion forum to the main NWSL forum, but leave its subforums and rename it to WPS Archive and lock it or something like that.

CrankyDefender and MiLLeNNiuM repped this.