Republic Team Tryouts

Discussion in 'Sacramento Republic FC' started by 30King, Oct 5, 2013.

1. 30King

30King Member+

Jul 22, 2013
    Rocklin, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Anybody attend the tryouts? How'd they look? Any standout/ notable players?

2. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Sacramento Republic FC professional soccer team is gearing up for the 2014 season. This weekend they are holding their first of five tryouts.

“Competition’s good. Everybody’s working hard. You know everyone wants to get that spot. It means you have to work harder,” said Boris Bozic, a Sacramento Republic FC hopeful.

“They will all get a chance. We’ve got people assessing, we’ve got coaches assessing, and we’ve got football people assessing them. And we are giving them an opportunity over the two day period to show us what they can do,” said Sacramento Republic FC Technical Director Graham Smith.

Seventy people showed up for this weekend’s tryouts. The competition is tough and draws participants from all over the globe.

“I love soccer, and Sacramento is a beautiful place. I heard about how they are starting a new team. Give it a shot, see what happens,” said Bozic.

“They’re from all over the world. We’ve got people who came in on planes from Serbia, from Egypt, Afghanistan. We’ve got a mixed bag absolutely. It’s wonderful,” Smith said.

After the final selection is made, Sacramento Republic FC will start competing February 2014.

“Our aim eventually is to get to major league soccer. I believe that Sacramento can support a major league soccer team, it’s a great environment for it,” said Smith.

3. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Sacramento Republic, San Jose Earthquakes
    Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Love how the news broadcast that this report was taken from later referred to the teams as "the Republics."

:rolleyes:

4. HectorF18

HectorF18 Member

Aug 19, 2012
    I was looking at the pictures from tryouts they posted and I noticed the coaching staff wearing Nike training gear. Wonder if Nike will be used for team uniforms.

5. Polemarch

Polemarch Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Sacramento, California
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Interesting to see internationals coming to play here. Just wondering but how much do USL players get paid in relation to say, someone playing in the Philippines, Iceland, or New Zealand?

6. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Sacramento Republic, San Jose Earthquakes
    Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Definitely they do. For smaller countries in Europe,. the pay they receive from their countrie's top league is very little, and probably smaller than USL's pay. Hence the reason some internationals are coming, opportunity. ;)

Robdog repped this.
  8. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Polemarch

Polemarch Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Sacramento, California
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    What about talent. Could ,say, that Tehau kid from the Confederations Cup be good enough to make on the team?