Report on Nellie's - Two Thumbs Up!!

Discussion in 'Screaming Eagles' started by KGDG2005, Sep 3, 2007.

1. KGDG2005

KGDG2005 Member

Feb 13, 2005
    Arlington VA
    Joined the group at Nellie's Sportsbar to check out the new DC viewing party option.

Definitely a pleasant surprise! The bathroom fixtures alone may warrant another visit. Good food, good crowd.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

The only question I have is where was Ed??? O Captain! my Captain!

KGDG
    Come On United (States and DC)
    www.screaming-eagles.com
    Long range shots - what a concept!!

2. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City
    [​IMG]

You couldn't get a better shot, than this.

3. EdTheRed

EdTheRed Member+

Feb 6, 2001
    Loose On The Town
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Cook Islands
    You see, I flew over the area on my way to the ranch. You hafta unnerstand, I'm the Decider...and if my aides tell me to fly over instead of gettin' on the ground, I'm gonna decide to fly over. I take their advice, and I decide. Y'know, how do you decide, how do you learn to decide things? When you make up your mind, and you stick by it—I don't know that there's a moment, Dave. I really—You either know how to do it or you don't. I think part of this is it: I did not attend for reasons. Principled reasons. There were principles by which I will stand on. And when I leave this office I'll stand on them. And therefore you can't get driven by polls. Polls aren't driven by principles. They're driven by the moment. By the nanosecond.

4. KGDG2005

KGDG2005 Member

Feb 13, 2005
    Arlington VA
    Thanks,

Some things are just too easy - there were so many opportunities to get that look from Sala during the evening as DC fans cheered themselves silly :D

The fact that they had the captioning going on that particular TV was icing on the cake!

KGDG
    www.screaming-eagles.com
    Denilson - you are no Ben Olsen

5. KGDG2005

KGDG2005 Member

Feb 13, 2005
    Arlington VA
    ROFL!!! I'll refrain from saying "Ed, you're doing a heckuva job as captain!" :p

KGDG
    www.screaming-eagles.com
    Dario, on the other hand...

6. Aaron Stollar

Aaron Stollar Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Falls Church, Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had a great time. My girlfriend said she'd actually want to go back to Nellie's, unlike most sports bars. I suspect that was because of "beefcake" rather than the facilities. :)

7. EdTheRed

EdTheRed Member+

Feb 6, 2001
    Loose On The Town
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Cook Islands
    Nellie's will be showing the (EDIT: DC-Chivas) game on a couple of TVs tonight. Since it's a wicked late kickoff on a weeknight, I don't know if they'll show the game upstairs, but if you're up for it, it will be on.

Dang, those sliders are makin' me hungry...

8. gocaps

gocaps Member

Sep 23, 2000
    With the SEs in 134
    I'll be there tonight...