Repair dvd

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by MeridianFC, Feb 15, 2009.

1. MeridianFC

MeridianFC Member

Jul 26, 1999
    Washington, DC USA
    Anybody got any solid hints. Since I tend to trust more of you here than the site that recommended using a banana (really) I figured I'd ask if anyone has hints for repair of said media. My Criterion "Harder They Come" won't play and unfortunately that item is OOP. I can't tell if it's scratches or actual data corruption on the disc.

2. Uppa 90

Uppa 90 Member

Jan 16, 2004
    K.C. MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My classroom DVD player was skipping a very clean and unscratched DVD... a student swore they could fix it easily, came up to the open tray and pulled a Nintendo fix, blew into it... i couldn't believe it... the thing worked perfectly... unbelievable... so i would say try that first....

3. MeridianFC

MeridianFC Member

Jul 26, 1999
    Washington, DC USA
    Not the player the actual disc.

4. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/SkipDr-10183-Classic-Repair-System/dp/B0015ACUKC/ref=pd_bbs_6?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1234830699&sr=8-6"]Amazon.com: SkipDr 10183 00 Classic Disc Repair System: Electronics[/ame]

I've got one of these. It worked on many occasions for me as I purchased many scratched second hand PS2 games.

It won't make miracles though. One tip, if get one, don't be shy on the fluid (which is distilled water), wash the abrasive disc after use with warm water and use the little towel that is furnished very very gently. Oh, and avoid using the abrasive square of stuff... I must also warn you that it will change the aspect of the reading side of the disc.

Maybe there are better devices but that's the only one I've used.

5. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Or you could just order it from NetFlix and send them back yours. :D