RENSING, are there any more doubters?

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by BMike86, Apr 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I understand that I am hesitant to give the reigns to Rensing after having Kahn between the posts for soo long. BUT it seems that everytime Rensing is on the pitch, he does one heck of a good job. Of course he will make mistakes, but he is a 22year old youngster, and the only way you experience things and learn not to make those mistakes. By the way it seems that he has the ability to stop balls that most average keepers shouldn't. I'm not saying Rensing is the greatest thing out, but after seeing his performances, I just want to see him more and more. But at the same time I don't want to see Kahn go, but I think he will be handing his reign over to something young and promising. I know people will doubt him, and people still doubt him but he is looking quite sexy

2. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I've seen some solid performances from Rensing but its all up to management in the end and whether they confide in him enough.

I also believe that if Rensing is given the #1 trikot he'll become even better.

And can we please stop using the term "sexy" when refering to male athletes?

3. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i don't really see what the problem is...u uncomfortable with yourself or somethin? :p

4. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Every time I've seen Rensing play, he's done a good job. Granted, I've only seen him play like 3 times. :D

5. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i know man...he seems a lot more solid that what Kalle seems to say. maybe Kalle has talked soo much sh!t about him just to get a response out of him, and hope that Rensing would work even harder and become even better, so when he does go out there he is prepared. because after Kahn retires there is no bench to run to and hide

OR maybe Kalle just doesn't like him, lol

6. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC

I think ANYBODY who follows Kahn will be doubted for a long time. That's just the nature of the beast. Not fair, but there it is.

Nice quick reflexes on the saves yesterday, but he seemed slightly out of position or just caught flat-footed for the first goal....though it was somewhat of a fluke (or perfectly performed) header.

At the moment though I am more worried about our backline than the goalie situation. Which brings up a good point, can Rensing martial the backline well? I am not sure with the few games he has played that we can make that determination.

7. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Germany
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    There is nothing he could have done differently for the first goal. The whole defensive behaviour of all other 10 players was simply to slow for an effective off side trap. And does anyone seriously believe the "header" expert Pirlo planned this? He was totally lucky to even reach this ball and then randomly hit the ball to perfectly fly over Rensing

8. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC

That's why I said fluke in there.

9. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Total fluke and they were handed the second goal.

And yes, I'm still a doubter.

10. Kromme

Kromme Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Istanbul
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Luck was on Pirlo's side at first goal but still i had a feeling that if Kahn had been our goalie last night we would not concede it.His reflex saves was good indeed but no real worldclass keeper would concede those.They were hit too close to the goalie to concede.His positioning was very fine though.
    Coming back to the first goal i think he slipped or something.He couldnt jump high enough he was not at all comfortable making his effort to save it.

11. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was one game. Let's keep that in mind....

...BUT, this does show what the lad can do and how he can manage in a big match.

He is still young and thus consistancy would be my reason for doubt, especially in the position where consistancy MUST be at its peak at all times.
    I think yesterday was a huge step in the right direction for Rensing and definitely one for my own confidence in him.

12. Memento

Memento New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    For those who think Kahn would have make a difference. Just ask yourselves if Kahn would have been able to save like Rensing did in the game.

Overall, Rensing did an outstanding job. Considering he has inexperience and little playing time. He surely would be a starter in most of the other teams in Germany.

Besides, as much as I like Kahn who tends to have impressive performaces. He sometimes commit mistakes that cost MUCH . And they cost much they happen in vital games like a so called WC final.

13. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Germany
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    In my opinion the transition from Kahn to Rensing should be made after this season, but I assume it'll stay my wish and Bayern management will stay to Kahn for another season :rolleyes:

14. tobayernfan

tobayernfan New Member

Mar 11, 2005
    I have my doubts if Kahn would have done any better. Those were some great reflex saves, and Kahns leaping ability is not what it used to be. No way does he save the first goal. On the PK, maybe is expirience makes a difference, but that is pure speculation!

Now, as I said on the other thread, if we had DIda in goal we would have lost 4:0. Neither goal was unstopable, and getting beat near post with 3 seconds left is pretty bad. Love Brazilian goalkeeprs!

I say, play Rensing in game two, light a fire under King Kahn!

15. Memento

Memento New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    The greatest speculation is saying what would have happened if we would have had Dida instead of Rensing.

We can might as well keep especulating and say what would had been the outcome if we had a player the same quality as Beckenbauer or a young Effenberg.

Lets discuss the facts. And the result.

16. Hendrik

Hendrik Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Deutschland
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Amazing, one decent game and "Bild" has officially launched the "Rensing is being wasted on Bayern's bench, is it right to still trust Kahn? Schalke and Leverkusen have successfully done it this year" campaign. For ********s sake, three months ago after the Aachen game Rensing was labelled the new Wessels.

17. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rending made a strong case to management. He had two great saves.

18. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    to add to this, i'd also like to toss out there that Lell did a very fine job attacking down the right flank and I think he maybe an integral part to our attack next year with Brazzo leaving for Juventus. i think he looked really strong as a substitute, now i hope we can see him be productive at the beginning of the match when everyone is strong and has all their energy, and hope Lell can make it a full 90. because he looked very effective, now it just is a matter of can he last a full 90 and actually help. as a substitute though i like him coming on for Brazzo bringing that extra boost with Pizarro off the bench

19. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Germany
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

this label after the aachen game was undeserved, but that how the yellow press works

20. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow. That does it for me! :rolleyes:

Time will tell. It's up to them to give him the shot.

21. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agree with that.

22. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, personally, I found the remark to be the highlight so far of this entire thread... brilliant line TOBAYERNFAN!!! LOL... MIlan's keeper was not good, nor has he ever seemed all that good to me personally.

Nonetheless, MEMENTO is correct... back to facts/results.

23. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL! That is classic, isn't it?!

I agree with many of the others... time will only tell. If he turns in 3-4-5 consistant performances like that, I am sold!

Until then, I just seem tons of potential for him to step into Kahn's role in another year.

As Footy stated... it is up to Bayern to give him the chance.

24. Van Buyten

Van Buyten New Member

Apr 6, 2007
    It is a hard choice for FC.Bayern. Kahn is a so great goalkeeper, he has great experience. Rensing has to wait the chance.

25. Lukinger89

Lukinger89 New Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Passau - Bavaria
    Rensing i think is the best german goalkeeper in his age but Kahn is still on of the best goalis in the world and he is/was one of the best goalis ever.
    The Bild and other newspapers say Rensing should get Kahns position like Neuer did it at Schalke and Adler at Leverkusen but i think there are 3 differenzes.
    1. Kahn is still one of the best goalis in the world
    2. Kahn is a very important person for the Team. He is the leader.
    3. The FC Bayern is a very fair club. Without Kahn they would never be what they are now... they would maybe never have won the Final 2001,... and for the Fc Bayern things like this are verry important...