Rendel for the win...

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by steve-o, Oct 27, 2010.

1. steve-o

steve-o New Member

Nov 14, 2007
    http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10251/1085747-454.stm

http://green.blogs.nytimes.com/2010...vernor-bans-fracking-in-state-forests/?src=mv

Well, it is a good thing that Mr. Rendel is a man of his word. What a chicken shit move.

2. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    Quick question.

Are you really this ********ing stupid, or are you just mindlessly cutting and pasting from some ********ing stupid blog?

You are trying to demonstrate an inconsistency where none exists. I'll keep it simple for you. The first article deals with all shale extraction throughout the state on any land.

The second is a moratorium only on state-owned land. The second directly involves his stewardship of state forests. Did you really not get that? Really?

“Drilling companies’ rush to grab private lands across the state has left few areas untouched by this widespread industrial activity,” Mr. Rendell said in a prepared statement. “We need to protect our unleased public lands from this rush because they are the most significant tracts of undisturbed forest remaining in the state.

3. steve-o

steve-o New Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Quick question.

Do the state forest lands in question fall within the borders of Pennsylvania? If you cannot make that connection, then clearly you, sir, are the idiot.

4. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
  5. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    Your first post is indefensible dude. Your best bet would have been to say, "oh, uhhh, never mind" and asked the mods to close this thread.

6. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    You mean Rendell's action wasn't like New York's moratorium? You're suggesting that Steve-O doesn't know what a moratorium is? Why, given his insight in other posts, surely he's providing satire, don't you think?

7. steve-o

steve-o New Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Answer the question. Do PA state forests fall within PA borders?

8. steve-o

steve-o New Member

Nov 14, 2007
    1st new article

another article, not from a blog...

Until you chicken shits can answer the question, "Do PA state forest lands fall within PA state lines?" STFU!

9. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    From your original post:

Mr. Rendell told a group of two dozen protesters worried about the drilling that a moratorium like New York state has enacted will never happen here.​

This is not at all like the New York drilling ban: and this is why everyone is laughing at you.

I mean, I'm not. I think you're just providing stupidity cover so that the Guardian's idiocy goes unremarked for awhile. Very generous of you.

10. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    What you have said is this: the mayor of NYC broke his promise. He said that he will not stop people in New York City from digging a gigantic hole and putting a swimming pool in it. But when Metrogo brought a shovel to central park and started digging a hole for a swimming pool, he was arrested. Another chicken shit politician going back on his word.

This is exactly how moronic you are being. People make mistakes, so making a mistake doesn't make you stupid. But lacking the confidence and security in yourself to not only not admit a mistake, but continue to stand by it is where true stupidity is found. You, my friend, are truly stupid.

And I don't give a crap about ed rendell, and have no interest in defending him.

11. steve-o

steve-o New Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Okay, take the 1st paragraph from that article you quoted. What does it say? Then answer the question I keep posing.

12. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    From your blog...

Roughly 660,000 of the state’s 2.2 million acres of public forest land have been leased, according to department data. The Marcellus Shale Coalition, an industry group, estimates that there are about 160 Marcellus Shale wells on state lands and about 2,300 on private lands in Pennsylvania.​

So... what about the 2,300 other projects? If those are stopped, then your thread has a point. Otherwise, to paraphrase (I think) the Jitty Slitter... "I like it when Steve-o makes himself look like an idiot".

13. steve-o

steve-o New Member

Nov 14, 2007
    No, but you love to try and point out that I'm an idiot. One huge problem with your analogy, you're assuming that natural gas companies weren't following all regulations that were currently enacted. And you're going off the premise that the state lands hadn't been previously opened up.

A correct one would be:
    the mayor of NYC broke his promise. He said that he will not stop people in New York City from digging a gigantic hole and putting a swimming pool in it. The mayor of NYC recently opened up central park to digging holes for swimming pools. But when Metrogo brought a shovel to central park and started digging a hole for a swimming pool, he was arrested. Another chicken shit politician going back on his word.

Clearly you understand this right?

14. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    I'll answer your question when you provide a direct quote from Rendell that he has now back-tracked on. So far, it seems to me that you are basing a feeble argument on the words of Sean D. Hamill to suggest that Rendell pledged that drilling would be allowed on every inch of PA land, public or private.

Sean D. Hamill does not speak for the Governor, and I would suspect that even Sean D. Hamill would disagree with the way you are trying to characterize his remarks. Honestly, I hope you are just carrying the partisan torch here because if you are attempting to make logical connections to reach a conclusion, then you are really, really bad at this.

15. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Excuse me, but I said you were making yourself look like an idiot.

Other posters have used the words "stupid," "dumb" and "moronic," but so far, my post is the only one that brought up the word "idiot."

16. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    Exactly. Who is responsible for the content of the 1st paragraph? Rendell? God, this is harder then explaining something to my 6 year old.

I'll tell you what. Take out the first paragraph from the article YOU posted and read the rest and tell me what it says.

17. steve-o

steve-o New Member

Nov 14, 2007
    1. You still haven't answered my question.

2. Idiot is like a synonym for like stupid, or like dumb, or like moronic.

18. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    Someone needs to explain to you the first rule of holes.

19. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Because it's irrelevant and based solely on your complete misunderstanding of the issue. But... yes, PA state forest land is in PA. So?

You should know.

20. steve-o

steve-o New Member

Nov 14, 2007
    The writer. Are you accusing him of bias? Are you saying that the press wouldn't accurately report something? Either way, the writer summarized Rendell's thoughts...

I believe he likened a gas drilling moratorium to combing his hair with a pompadour...it isn't going to happen.

Now, answer the question.

21. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    Aha! You admitted it. Steve-O wins!

22. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Drats. I guess stupidipity is catchtagious.

23. steve-o

steve-o New Member

Nov 14, 2007
    So, Rendell likened a gas drilling moratorium in the state of PA (that includes EVERYTHING in its borders) to combing with a pompadour. "It isn't going to happen."

He went back on his word. Thanks for playing.

Yes, it's called being intelligent.

(Now, I'm just waiting for an, "oh, that's rich. Steve-o talking about intelligence and synonyms for idiot." Or. "that's irony.")
    (Btw, its easy to dictate the flow of a conversation when you know others will respond.)

24. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    You are so ********ing stupid.

Now, if he'd banned the other 2,300 active wells, you'd have a point and the thread will be over. But... well, he didn't, so you're wrong. And so ********ing stupid.

25. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    No he didn't. But I'm open to you providing some support to the contrary.