remove paul calixte as group b mod

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by persianfootball, May 17, 2018.

1. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    #1 persianfootball, May 17, 2018
    Last edited: May 17, 2018
    on the world cup 2018 forum. i got some unjustified yellow cards in my time on here but this guy is an absolute joke. i sign in and have a random yellow card. no PM or anything. i only posted on that forum i made like 5-10 posts in the past few days and none were trolling or anything like that. so the only mod there is paul calixte so i ask him if he was the one that gave me a yellow card and he said yes it is because since 2012 you received several warnings for trolling. lmao. i barely posted in the past 1-2 years and did not troll at all. whats 2012 got to do with it. this guy is not a proper mod. he is the most clueless mod i have seen in my 14 years on here. he doesnt know what the difference between banter and rule breaking is. none of the members on group b forum even complained about each other, we just had friendly banter and then receive random yellows. wtf. yellows are for rule breaking, such as racism and direct insults, not for friendly light banter. he will ensure that the 2018 world cup becomes a borefest on here. with reddit eating into forum marketshare these types of mods are just contributing to the problem and will kill the traffic to this site.

2. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You've been warned 20 times by more than 10 different moderators. Every time it happens you blame the moderator. All of these warnings are visible to the moderators. At this point, there's no reason to go through the same old, same old of trying to convince you to avoid doing what you already know you shouldn't be doing. You've convinced us to go straight to to the point.

Ismitje and dark knight repped this.
  3. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    and how many years ago were those warnings? it makes no sense to assume guilty until proven innocent based on the behaviour displayed many years ago. if you check my recent posts you will find nothing wrong. this is not just about me, it is about this mod killing any type of light friendly banter.

4. bungadiri

Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some of them happened this year.

Come on man, you specialize in trolling the WC forums and it drives a lot of people crazy. They report it and the mods respond. It isn't the mod who doesn't know the difference between banter and rule breaking. You and I had this conversation 4 years ago. The World Cup forums are not rivalry forums.

soccernutter repped this.
  5. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    #5 persianfootball, May 18, 2018
    Last edited: May 18, 2018
    why are you making up blatant lies man? paul calixte screen shotted my warnings and this is it:

[​IMG]

as i guessed, in the past 2 years i never got warned, just once for something minor. as you can see, in the past few years i didnt get warned for trolling. so why did i get a yellow now for light and friendly banter.

6. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    apparently this was the post that caused me to get a yellow card:

so basically the mod logic on here: if you have lots of warnings from 2013-2015, that means if in 2018 you predict a teams tactics and think that if they bunker it shows they are a small team and inferior to a team that does not bunker, you are not allowed to say your opinion about this and the mods will give you a yellow. absolute farce. no wonder r/soccer is eating so much into the member-base of bigsoccer.

7. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Without commenting on his history, that post doesn't deserve a yellow card.

8. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    #8 persianfootball, May 20, 2018
    Last edited: May 20, 2018
    update: paul calixte PMed me and said this was actually the post that got me the yellow, and it was in response to a portuguese poster gloating about how their euro 16 win means they would crush Iran and that how portugal will be remembered for their euro 16 win while Iran has not won anything similar:

"yes everyone will remember euro 2016 as the shittiest 3/4 advancing group stage euro, portugals lucky win. the moth infested pitch in the final summed up the tournament: someone needed to turn off the lights so we did not witness such an atrocity. that will indeed be one for the record books."

I don't see how it warrants a yellow though as it was a pretty accurate analogy of the euro 2016 final and millions of people will agree with me.

did the 3/4 group stage qualifying suck? yes.
    did portugal get lucky? yes
    were there moths? yes
    was it a shitty final with an underperforming lackluster lifeless france and a bunkering portugal? yes

9. bungadiri

Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The most recent warning you got prior to this one was Oct 17, 2017, which is well under a year ago, which is why I phrased my statement as I did. The fact that you didn't get a preliminary warning this year is a reflection of the fact that you refused to listen to 7 successive warnings within a few days of one another and then, after having been banned from the forum for a month, came back and started up with the same stuff. Context matters: Why use a strategy that clearly didn't work with you before?. We tried reasoning with you during the last WC. I personally tried reasoning with you because I don't like banning people, particularly around this event, and frankly in our private conversations at the time you seemed like a nice guy, but every time I gave you slack, you used to wind people up. You made quite a splash.

Again, the World Cup forums are not for rivalry posts and if you want to post there you're going to have to dial it back a bit. Do that and you're more than welcome.

10. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    you are just typing random general stuff to take away from what i said: you said several were from 2018, but this was not true because in the past 2 years there was only 1 from 2017, so 1 in 2 years is clearly not the same as several in 2018. the screen shot i posted shows it clear as daylight.

also, you know i dont deserve the yellow based on that post. so if history doesnt matter and the post does not deserve a yellow, why not just overturn the yellow? you say every time you unban me i troll but again look at the history.. in the past 2 years only 1 warning. so why would you think i would do such a thing. according to recent but long enough history it would be reasonable to conclude that i wont. so the yellow can go.

11. bungadiri

Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah sure that's a fair cop. 1 is not several. But it's been less than a year since you were warned. And the point is that history does matter, as it's a guide to the present situation. The world cup is back and as a you've moved into a forum that requires you to tighten up your posting style, something you consistently refused to do the last time. The post in question is a return to that earlier poor form, and that in combination with your prior performance warrants the temporary ban.

12. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi, everyone!

@bungadiri , I was just gonna sit this out, but @persianfootball seems to be gloating because he got you to concede that an argument that I never made has a hole in it. His words:

My words (direct PM with him):

He insists on skipping right ahead to the second sentence - and I admit seeing how it could be read into the first, which is why I offered him a clarification further in our conversation - but nowhere do I explicitly state, as he assumes is gospel, that I gave him the yellow card because of his past. Rather, I gave him the card based on his activity in that Group B thread, looked at his past and thought, "Yeah, this is consistent."

13. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Weighting in as a long time mod, and as one who has been a mod for 3 World Cups, that post and a couple following were trolling. It is not banter - teasing if you will - it was tolling. it was meant to elicit a harsh response. It was a post meant to belittle the success of a team, which is trolling.

And as a mod of past World Cups, there is a tendency to be harsher and quicker with these types of posts. I don't know it that was the case here, but my experience has been that this type of posting would be followed with a warning of similar follow up posts leading to forum a ban. Too many posters posting too many things at all times of the day for mods to have to worry about somebody who may or may not be trolling - and that question of intent is the issue. In my experience, mods look at posts when they are reported (or when they are discovered) and respond based on several aspects: perceived intent of post alone; is there any history regarding non-BS stuff; have there been other reported posts by poster; is there a history of that type of post by the poster (and how recent); and more.

IMO, this was justified. It was, for intents and purposes, a warning to mind behavior. It was not a red card. It is not a forum ban. It is a yellow, with the secondary note of posting history indicating warning for trolling posts have occurred, so a long explanation is not necessary to explain trolling. I have done this type of warning in the past, myself. But seeing that the previous warning was not heeded (as noted by bungadiri). the yellow was fully justified.

14. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    #14 persianfootball, May 22, 2018
    Last edited: May 22, 2018
    first of all, it is pretty sad that a mod such as yourself is so egotistical and vindictive: it shows that you are not fit for mod duty. if you were a cop you would be one of those who shoot innocent people lol. all i asked you was to remove the unfair yellow card, and instead you now also banned me from the world cup group b forum despite me not making any new posts. well you cant silence me. i will not let you bully me into agreeing with your unreasonable actions. can you please tell the bigsoccer community and supermods, on what basis did you just ban me from the world cup 2018 forum, after i made no new posts there?

this is for @bungadiri and @soccernutter. I disagree with both of your assessments when you said I deserved the yellow. paul calixte is changing his word now and saying that my previous history did not affect his decision to give me a yellow card: he says my behaviour in the group b thread alone justified the need for a yellow card. however, this defies basic logic because if he yellow carded me for that REGARDLESS of my past (many years ago) bans and warnings, that means he should yellow card almost every single poster in that group b thread. anyone is free to go read that thread right now and you will see existing posts with non-yellow carded posters who posted things more harsh than my single post that was subjectively deemed as trolling. in fact, it was bungadiri's opinion that my past behaviour many years ago mattered, and so this implies that even he thinks that giving a straight yellow to that single post of mine just based on the post alone and behaviour in group b thread alone was not justified.

it is a sad day for bigsoccer that a mod can give such a weak yellow on a subjective threshold. it kills creativity and enthusiasm on the boards. what good is the rule of law if the enforcer acts as the jury, judge, and the executioner. but if you want that type of bigsoccer, that is your prerogative. however, i cannot see at all how any mod can defend the actions of @Paul Calixte when he just gave me a forum ban for absolutely no reason, on TOP of the yellow card. this is a clear abuse of power. also, why is @Paul Calixte posting my private messages to him, on here publicly, without my permission? i thought this was against the rules? regardless, this shows poor taste and character, especially for a mod; it is called private message for a reason.

but again, i ask @Paul Calixte on what basis did he just now give me a forum ban until the end of the world cup in the group b forum, and how/why would @bungadiri and @soccernutter justify that? the bigsoccer community would like to know. so basically if this forum ban is also upheld that means: if you make the case against a mod that he was wrong, he will then attempt to bully you into publicly recanting your defense otherwise face further, unjustified bans. he is using the childish word "gloat" and this pissed him off apparently, even though I have no idea what he is talking about as it appears that he is making this all up in his own little world, because i did not "gloat" at all: i was simply interested in having my unjustified yellow removed. this site is turning into a farce with this kind of mod behaviour because mods should not just be able to ban posters they dont like personally for the entire world cup just because they feel like it. no wonder r/soccer is growing daily and bigsoccer is becoming more and more dead. i have been here for 14 years and see how it got dead over the years. this type of bully tactic modding is not helping the cause.

15. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Check again: you are not currently banned from anything.

You keep going with the baseless accusation, even after I shared the original conversation with a fellow mod in order to expose your lie for what it is. Your obtuseness is mystifying, but your stubbornness downright admirable.

Guess what? A couple are on yellows, a couple had yellows that have since expired, and others were ultimately banned from the thread for repeat offenses.

You weren't on the Group B thread from the beginning, so you frankly have no idea how quickly what you deem to be "light banter" turned into wildfires of racism, xenophobia and ad hominem attacks - hence the harsh stance I have taken.

What private message of yours have I shared? I can share my own words where I please.

Hayaka repped this.
  16. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    #16 persianfootball, May 23, 2018
    Last edited: May 23, 2018
    i dont find a point to argue about the issuance of the yellow anymore. i simply disagree and have stated my reasons for it. you know it was the softest yellow alive.

i do want to mention though that i indeed was on the group b thread from the beginning and i remember the descent into racism and your subsequent crackdown. i understand and agree that you chose to yellow for those offenses, but i dont agree how that should lower the threshold for a yellow to the point of disallowing feather-weight banter just because of the possibility of it turning into something worse. that is like lowering the speed limit in 40 zone to 30 just because there is a chance that cars will go over 40. it becomes a question of cost/benefit: what becomes the limit?

but regardless, i just tried and was able to post in the world cup group b forum, but for some reason i had received these alerts which obviously made me think otherwise:

[​IMG]

maybe they were just a glitch?

17. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Noted - but no, to the best of my knowledge (i.e. I can only speak to the FIFA and Tournaments forum), you have no thread/forum bans hanging over you.