Remon needs to tinker with the Starting 11....

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by gazzad_5, Nov 23, 2004.

1. minuscapita

minuscapita Member

May 10, 2002
    Fremont, ca
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain

Why not try this:

-------Casillas
    Salgado Helguera Mejia Carlos
    ---Figo Zidane(Guti) Solari
    ---------Raul
    ----Moro Owen(Ronaldo)

???

2. Lockjaw

Lockjaw BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are good arguements for all your suggested line-ups. And I salute your optimism, especially yours, minuscapita. But I am giving you 2-1 odds that the line-up we see this weekend will be the exact same one that played Bayer.

3. minuscapita

minuscapita Member

May 10, 2002
    Fremont, ca
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain

very true...

4. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    i think the odds is more like Evens or even 1-2 lol. that is the problem, the players know they are easily going to make the team, hence not giving 100%

5. Lockjaw

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually I think the Galacticos do their best. Perhaps they are not as hungry as they used to be, but they all have pride. But everyone, even Ronaldhino, occasionally isn't clicking. The difference is that in RM it doen't get dealt with.

Check it out. Raul Bravo screws up as a CB against Deportiva, I believe it was. He hasn't played since. Tough, but OK. Samuel has done everything but kick it in our net & nothing happens. That is not good enough.

6. TeddyBear

TeddyBear New Member

Apr 4, 2004
    Bonnie Scotland
    I personally think That it should be:

----------Casillas----------
    --Salgado--Meija--Samuel--Carlos
    -----Figo---Zidane---Solari--
    ------------Raul---------------
    -------Morientes--Ronaldo------

I thought that with Morientes on it freed more space up for Ronaldo. Although Ronaldo isn't in the best of form, with only him and Raul (Raul playing further back) when Ronaldo gets the ball he's swarmed by 3 defenders. But with Moro there they can't just all go to Ronaldo.

Beckham could go on and the midfield could switch to:

--Beckham-----Zidane------Figo--
    ----------------Raul---------------

Samuel should still play imo as we know that he has the pedigree and has the abilty, he's just not showing it at the moment. Whereas with Pavon, it doesn't get better than what he's been showing.

7. Kaushik

Kaushik Member

Jun 6, 2004
    Toronto
    Statements such as "the players know they are easily going to make the team, hence not giving 100%" are inaccurate. Some of these players are amongst the best ever and have been giving 100% most of their lives. They still do. The problem is trying to get the defensive job in midfield done by these creative, attacking players. Zidane, Beckham, Figo, Guti etc. are not capable of stemming the flow of the opponent players and gaining possession of the ball. They need somebody to regain possession and provide them with the ball, so that they can make things happen. At present, however, these players have to concentrate in first trying to impede the opponent, win the ball back and then start creating an attack. Aside from the lack of natural ability to defend, the ageing of the galacticos is also not conducive to playing this type of football. Hence, one cannot blame Figo for not being able to play the way he played two years back, if he has to stop the ball in the six-yard box from going into the net. The same goes for Zidane and Ronaldo. Thus, one needs to resort to heresies to get back to winning ways. If a player like Dunga were to be placed in the Real midfield, the team would be duly transformed. Hence, Helguera (not Beckham) could be used as DMid and Solari, instead of Raul, in LMid. If Raul has to play (for whatever reason), then the best team probably is:

----------------Casillas
    Salgado---Samuel---Mejia---RCarlos
    -----------------Helguera
    Figo------------Zidane--------Solari
    --------Raul-----------Ronaldo

Owen, Morientes, Beckham and Guti could be replacements whenever necessary. Pavon and Samuel have both been useless and hence, it is ‘sassier;)’ to opt for a more experienced inutile (this justifies the purchase too)!

8. Kaushik

Kaushik Member

Jun 6, 2004
    Toronto
    With this formation, the first meaningful resistance the opponent players receive is in the Real defence, which has two attacking backs! Thus, the central defence has to contend with the attackers and midfielders at the same time! There has to be someone in midfield who can impede the opposition and regain possession of the ball. That person is not Beckham or Guti.

9. Kaushik

Kaushik Member

Jun 6, 2004
    Toronto
    Tinkering with the following formation accordingly is possible:

----------------Casillas
    Salgado---Samuel/Pavon/Mejia---RCarlos
    ------- ----------Helguera
    Figo------------Zidane--------Solari
    --------Owen-----------Ronaldo

Such as the one in post #32 or the following:

----------------Casillas
    Salgado---Samuel/Pavon/Mejia---RCarlos
    ----------------Helguera
    Figo--------------Guti-----------Zidane
    ------Raul/Owen--------Ronaldo

Beckham could come in at 70' (2H, 25') and replace Figo at RWM; Morientes whenever necessary.

10. kaberon10

kaberon10 New Member

Aug 10, 2002
    Evanston
    I'd be actually interested in seeing something like this... a 3-5-2

---------------------Casillas
    -----Salgado-----Samuel/Pavon-----Mejia
    -------------Helguera----Guti/RCarlos/Solari
    Figo/Beckham----------Zidane----------Solari/Figo
    ----------------Raul/Owen--Ronnie/Moro

I think this lineup works well because it allows Helguera and Solari or RCarlos or Guti to use their attacking skill while not opening up the back completely. One of them joins the attack while the other sits back defensively, and they can switch or rotate or whatever. It also provides a cushion between the midfield and defense, because they are positioned to slow down the opposition's attack before it gets too close to Casillas, giving the backs time to mark up, find their positions, close down, etc. I think that with the defensive midfielders it also frees up Zidane to focus on attacking in the center of the field, which is where he is most dangerous. Also, all of our midfielders can play either wing or in the middle, making them switching around another dangerous option. I think that while the 4-4-2 is the favored formation across the world, and has been used successfully by Real for years, Garcia Remon might want to consider switching it up a bit.

11. anirbanblah

anirbanblah New Member

Jan 16, 2002
    India
    Sad but so true... the same thing happened at the start of the Bayer game.

12. anirbanblah

anirbanblah New Member

Jan 16, 2002
    India
    Kaberon, join the club. I've been posting for months about the 3-5-2, drawing parallels to the Brazil 2002 team. But it will never happen dude even if it's blindingly obvious that that's the formation that suits us best.
    I'd love to know if Marca or AS have ever advocated the 3-5-2 or what the local fans in Madrid feel.

13. Kaushik

Kaushik Member

Jun 6, 2004
    Toronto
    I am not sure using the 3-5-2 suggested will solve Real's problems. This is not the same 3-5-2 used by Brazil in WC2002. Brazil had two wing backs, whereas Real have attacking wingers. Thus, reducing the number of defenders and adding an extra midfielder in Real's team, when defence is the main problem, will not solve anything. Stretching a backline full of incompetent defenders and making them cover more area is probably suicidal. Real should keep four defenders, add a DMid and play a 4-4-2 with a midfield diamond. Thus, I feel, taking out an AMid (who, at present, tries to play as a DMid anyway) and replacing him with a genuine DMid is the solution to Real's problems.

14. TeddyBear

TeddyBear New Member

Apr 4, 2004
    Bonnie Scotland
    I always thought Real's mentality was to outscore the opposition.

15. MADRIZ

MADRIZ New Member

Jan 11, 2002
    CALIFORNIA
    well zidane is out for the next 3 games with back problems. garcia remon is saying that they won't be any changes except for replacing zidane. garcia remon looked like he might take some chances with the line-ups knowing that he's only there till the end of the season. but when the team looked a little better, he saw himself staying a little bit longer, he didn't want to hurt the"boutique" sales.
    I'd like this line-up for just a few games :
    casillas
    salgado mejia pavon r.carlos(I have nobody else)
    figo helguera guti solari
    raul/owen morientes
    it will be a good start to the changes to come next year because no matter what they say, this madrid cycle is over. and I hope that perez got the message because judging from his behaviour ( a la gaspart) on wednesday in his"palco vip", it's the end for this team.

16. Lockjaw

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We tried Helguerra as a def mid at the beginning of the season. It doesn't work. Somehow he has become a great CB, but a lousy midfielder. You guys remember the away game at Bayer don't you? No, if we have to play a def mid & Guti is off that night, we need to try Raul Bravo there. Or Arbeloa.

17. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    its looks like now remon is doing his first tinkering of the season. i would like to see players rested however not just because we have a crucial game midweek!
    also i suppose 3 of the changes are forced upon him, zizou,figo and guti so remon isnt doing that much!! lets just hope it all pays off
    the biggest catastrophe would be we lost at the weekend due to resting our players for roma, but then still didnt qualify, it doesnt bear thinking about does it!

18. Lockjaw

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are right, GR does not have a rotation policy. I think Mejia in for R Carlos would also have been fine, but oh well.

19. Lockjaw

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am bumping up this old thread from the dark days just before GR got the chop. Its funny how different, but also the same, the situation looks 6 months later.

20. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Damn, you sure know your stuff! :D

21. Kaushik

Kaushik Member

Jun 6, 2004
    Toronto
    I am still awaiting my consultation fee from Perez, the chp bstrd.;)

22. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    i think that luxa did what remon did not have ball to do. he dropped figo, started all 3 of raul owen and ronaldo, and it payed off. best 2nd half of the seaon since 1997 or 1999 or something like that!
    maybe luxa was reading our posts ;)