Remember the Hurricanes?

Discussion in 'MLS: Commissioner - You be The Don' started by Cyclonis, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Cyclonis

Cyclonis Forza Juve

Jul 12, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

For those of you that are too young to remember, the Hurricanes were a soccer team that played in a Saturday Morning Cartoon of the same name. Marketing to the future generation of fans is always smart and my idea was the have a cartoon starring the MLS mascots playing soccer against the forces of evil.

Yes, I created a thread about this a long time ago and was ridiculed by some but now that I see the NFL, the most popular sports league in the land thought it was a good idea, I think it's time to bring this up again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Rush_Zone:_Guardians_of_the_Core
    [​IMG]

soccersubjectively and holiday repped this.
  2. USFootiefan1980

LAFC
    United States
    Aug 19, 2005
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, looking at that I would have been the right age, but I've never even heard of this. What network was it on?

3. Cyclonis

Cyclonis Forza Juve

Jul 12, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Was a long time ago, but I think here in LA it was on UPN 13.

Anyhow, I am convinced if MLS is going to get a stronger presence as opposed to just soccer in general here in the States, they are going to have to market to the kids. Trying to convince older fans to add an allegiance to an MLS team is a long and difficult process. Why not go after the next generation, who are already playing soccer more and more?

4. USFootiefan1980

LAFC
    United States
    Aug 19, 2005
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah, well, if it was on UPN that would explain it, both the WB and UPN took there time getting to my neck of the woods when I was a kid.

5. HailtotheKing

HailtotheKing Member+

San Antonio FC
    United States
    Dec 1, 2008
    TEXAS
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They've partnered with Cartoon Network on several things before (PSA's, Soccer Fiesta) ... some Ben10 stuff.

Of course, their was the original soccer mom/youth soccer aimed marketing for the first decade of the league.

6. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. themightymagyar

Aug 25, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Nat'l Team: