relaxing/falling asleep after a game

Discussion in 'Player' started by loden, Jan 28, 2008.

1. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    I had a pretty intense training session yesterday during the day, and I just couldn't fall asleep at all. I had to get up for school at 7, so it's a bit of a problem.

How do you deal with wound up state? Are there any drugs, herbs, supplements that I could take. I know weed would help, but I don't smoke anymore...

2. MisplacedSpainard

Apr 5, 2007
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    if you have a significant other she may be able to help :D

3. Timtimbangbang

Timtimbangbang New Member

Jan 28, 2008
    I know what you mean, I can't stop thinking about the game...

But I usually just listen to some relaxing music (try Jack Johnson)

Also close your eyes, take deep breaths, then slowly count from 1 to 100 and back down again. Try to clear your mind of everything.

4. Rooney92

Rooney92 New Member

May 10, 2007
    Its normal the adreniline is still hevily flowing through you're body. Wayne Rooney said the same thing in his Book, he won't fall asleep till 2 or 3. I wouldnt take drugs though. You dont wanna get addicted to sleeping pills and stuff. The post abouve sounds good.

5. Untroubled by Reason

Dec 5, 2007
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then again, I don't smoke any less, either... (badda bing!)

I used to have a horrible time slowing my mind down after matches, esp. if we lost. Turn off the music, TV, etc. - they tend to stimulate the mind. Try reading or, if you're religious, you might try prayer or meditation. Give your body a chance to wind down at its own pace before turning to chemical/medical methods. Good luck!

6. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Try having a hot bath before you got to sleep. That will relax you and calm you down before you get into bed and hopefully you'll be able to sleep.

You can get special sports bubble baths that are designed to help you unwind and relax your muscles.

appleCORR