Reinaldo Rueda DT

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by Froboy69, Mar 27, 2021.

1. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think Colombia needs 8 or 10 play with creative focus to get folks moving into space and not just keep the toque toque circle going in midfield. The issue is that Uribe (ostensibly the most positive of the central midfielders Rueda has been calling) has been way under form in the past several games (maybe a bit better when he subbed against Brasil) - we need more balance there to hold position. And I think Quintero, who is I think trying admirably given he has no means to stay MATCH sharp between call ups, was really held back against Ecuador because he had C4 behind him and knows he doesn't have the pace to sufficiently cover if Barrios is not in position to cover when C4 attacks. We ended up losing both the effectiveness of C4 and Quintero with that tactic...

2. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    We discussed this already, didn’t we? LOL

I don’t disagree with you.

But I felt JC11 was pushing forward (ala Dani Alves) rather than playing as a RB the way Muñoz and Medina does. Even if he was in an advanced position JC continues to do his step overs, try to draw a foul move that drives us crazy.

Replacing Uribe is a step in the right direction but he’s still part of the 23 man roster in my eyes, but I still see our problems and anti futbol continuing. I hope I’m wrong.

3. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I'd encourage you to watch C4's play before Munoz came on again or Quintero came off. He was no where near as aggressive as he became.

Quintero was himself much deeper than we've seen him under Rueda as well.

Quintero when in the pitch had prior given us some vertigo. We just didn't have any...

4. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I’ll take your word for it. I’m not masochistic so I don’t plan on re watching LOL

I do recall seeing JC push forward more the RB than prior RB’s we have been using. And I’m sticking to that story LOL

5. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    That's not what I saw. I think if we'd played with Tesillo, maybe he would have played more like a WB, but with Mojica there and two CBs he didn't.

6. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Look. I hear ya. But if we gotta play the right 11 players to play our best version of what we are capable of, then we will have big problems ahead of ourselves when we face smarter teams.

I guess that’s what makes those Spain, Germany,
    France teams of recent memory so special. They can adjust things on the go and still keep their identity and still control a game no matter who is on the field.

7. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yep. We lack depth and can't afford to put our best players out of position...

Furnaccio repped this.
  8. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    1524553734973534210 is not a valid tweet id

9. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  10. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    he done very well in clubs in South America. Would expect the shot to come from Spain not Germany but that’s still awesome

hope he brings some of our guys with him :)

would be hilarious if he signs Morelos or Valoyes and that dude is the top scorer on the league.

11. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    He will get absolutely embarrassed managing in Germany based on how he managed us.

12. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    wtf is this guy ? I mean he can be forgiven if he goes to a Colombian club and helps then win an international title or develops a bunch of player that go abroad.

He is a good coach crazy been over a year with no jobs.

13. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    In the US, which is where we both reside, 66 y.o. semi-retired guy is not so unusual. In fact, it's the norm. Why would it be any different in Colombia.

At that age wouldnt you just pick and choose only the best gigs? Rueda will still be legend even if he doesnt coach one more game. I know we have his last showcase in mind but he's done an incredible job keeping Colombian coaching in high regard.

14. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Didn’t know he was that old…. He is 1 year younger than Bolillo…..

How old is comesana ? 700?

15. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Pinto is 70, football grandpas.

im sure they'll be getting jobs until they can't even move anymore