Reign 2014 - General discussion

Discussion in 'Seattle Reign FC' started by Blaze20, Aug 23, 2013.

1. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I guess I described her rightly , MVP :)

Blaze20, Katreus and blissett repped this.
  2. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    And u could have gone on. She has a very quick release on her shot but always seems to strike the ball cleanly. She is equally good in using space as she is tight spaces which is unusual. She uses her body very well without effecting her balance. Mostly, she makes it all look effortless just like she is on an empty field going thru cones. She has been a real eye opener in the league. People look at Vero and go wow, how can she do that? People look at Little and say Gee, why cant everyone else do that?

blissett repped this.
  3. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I live in Asia and was able to catch the semifinals from a stream on firstrowsports. If the final is not on that site, I'll be googling for some other stream as well.
    Whoever finds one first, post it here and/or in the championship P/I/P thread please! [But maybe don't count on me to find it first. While I do plan on getting up to watch it, it'll be at 3 or 4 am here, so we'll see!...:sleep:. I'll have to wait for the coffee to kick in. :D]

blissett repped this.
  4. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #1454 blissett, Aug 28, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
    While I was searching for the semifinal match official highlights (in the hope that they had been uploaded), I stumbled on this video: amateur, but very good quality, IMO. It's a shame that Spirit's goal is missing, and that we can only see a glance of Rapinoe's goal, but most of the other actions are there, and with interesting different angles from the TV-broadcast:

Edit: also, from the same source: Solo's PK save with actual sound of the crowd included:

JoeCelt, Katreus and MiguelNajdorf repped this.
  5. MiguelNajdorf

MiguelNajdorf Member

May 4, 2011
    In the first video, refs decision at 1:55 is indicative of calls all night. Fishlock has position, wins header, gets called for foul.

6. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Saw my first snippet from the secret press conference. Somebody asked Little if having to re-take the PK made her nervous. Little replied "I don't get nervous" Boy, I believe that one.

Katreus and blissett repped this.
  7. JoeCelt

JoeCelt Member+

Jul 7, 2012
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
  8. mrr5

mrr5 Member

Jun 18, 2014
    Seattle
    Don't think I saw this posted already, but cheekybackheel got the postgames.

Including the "I don't feel nerves at all" Kim quote

9. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    yes...thanks

10. mingyung

mingyung Member

Jun 7, 1999
    This is one of the more thoughtful player interviews:

blissett and steelers07 repped this.
  11. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Lol, more adorable-baby-Kaylee-Cox footage to boot! :laugh:

I was reading NWSL's website's injury-report update: it doesn't mention anyone missing from Seattle's roster, except long-time injured Amanda Frisbie and Carmelina Moscato. I also checked the injured players' thread here and apparently there is nothing new.
    So how exactly can we figure the Elli Reed's situation? If she wasn't played in the semifinal, I guess she had to have some slight physical problem: the back-line with Reed-Barnes-Fletcher-Cox, from right to left, worked so well throughout all of the season that for sure it wasn't worth to put Barnes at right-back and Deines at center-back positions just for the semifinal match vs Washington, if it wasn't for a quite serious reason. So, does anyone know if we can expect to get Reed back for the Championship match, or if Deines will play again? Any chance that it was a technical choice by Harvey, instead of an injury-forced one? :cautious:

By the way, I don't know if I have to hope that Seattle goes behind once again on sunday, and then they comeback like they always used to do this season, or if, for a change, they could decide to go ahead and spare more heartaches to us... Are they able to just score first and keep the advantage through all of the match? :p

12. mrr5

mrr5 Member

Jun 18, 2014
    Seattle
    Reed has been dealing with a knee sprain. After the semi Harvey said there was a 60% chance that Reed would play in the final. On Wednesday Harvey upped the odds to 80%. Today Reed practiced and said that she expects to play, but obviously she doesn't have the final word on that. Reed not being mentioned at all on the injury report seems to indicate that she will play.

blissett repped this.
  13. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    [​IMG]

Texas A&M has the 12th man. What happen to the 12th woman in the NWSL? Kate Deines is the obvious winner.

[​IMG]

14. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    then he did well.

you omitted the most important part. fishlock was aided by a left forearm in the back of huster's neck - which the referee indicated when explaining the foul.

15. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Bev ;):

JoeCelt repped this.
  16. MiguelNajdorf

MiguelNajdorf Member

May 4, 2011
    Luv, what are you talking about?! My homer goggles are infallible!

My mistake, you're absolutely correct on this call. I should have been suspicious when fishlock won a header in traffic...

17. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Oh, by the way: credit to Megan Uribe for these videos! :thumbsup:

She wrote that she'll be at the Championship Match also, and filming! So, I guess that, if you give some likes to her videos, she could decide to upload something else interesting, after the final. :giggle:

18. JoeCelt

JoeCelt Member+

Jul 7, 2012
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Seattle Reign FC Ready for 2014 NWSL Title Match

blissett repped this.
  19. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Please, can someone post a legit link for a streaming feed of the Championship Match here, while I finish dinner and get ready to watch it?

20. zaku_II

zaku_II Member+

Jan 29, 2012
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    blissett repped this.
  21. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
  22. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Thanks guys: 3 out of 4 of the wiziwig links don't seem to work for me. The 4th one still has a black screen. The best one seems to be the woso one (thanks Holden! :thumbsup:). When are they suppose to start the stream? just a few minutes before kick-off?

23. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Yeah, it probably won't start until right before the game starts. ESPN2 is showing drag racing now... so no point streaming that.

blissett repped this.
  24. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    This link is working for me: http://www.wiz1.net/channel47

Joulie Foudy is talking right now.

Do I read right that Deines is going to play, like in the semifinal? o_O