Reign 2014 - General discussion

Discussion in 'Seattle Reign FC' started by Blaze20, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Dernhelm

Dernhelm Member+

May 13, 2014
    Drovers Run
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Whoa, i haven't heard of that part yet! Wow, she is angry!
    Was it really Jeremy? I had the impression it was the sister's so she'd have every reason to be mad at them.

2. Dernhelm

Dernhelm Member+

May 13, 2014
    Drovers Run
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    That really sounds like the best course of action.

3. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well.. How much into the 8/9 game is she going to be given that in 2 days she's going to be in court? I could easily see her taking a leave of absence (voluntarily or involuntarily) to deal with this.. I don't even want to think about what happens if she gets convicted..

4. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    Not that I'm familiar with court appearances or anything but how long does it take to get prepared for court? Won't her lawyers be handling everything. I mentioned that it was fortunate that the 8/9 game is a home game which means she will already be in the state so no need to worry about flights and what not

5. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I meant more mentally.. I don't know about you, but if I have a trial in two days that could determine if I'm going to jail or not, I'm going to be a little distracted.

6. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Ah, that makes sense than. Looking at the remaining schedule, we have a very tough stretch coming up. With the exception of SBFC and BOS, we have 8 games between now and 8/11 between teams that are all playoff contenders and in a short stretch of time.

upload_2014-6-24_15-28-51.png

It would be a shame if she was absent for that entire time period. If there is a way this entire situation could be resolved without going to court, I hope that avenue will be pursue.

As for Hope taking time off, looking at the schedule, she could potentially take the next 3 weeks off and maybe return for the home match on July 20 against Chicago. That should give her enough time to get her head in the right place.

7. sisterluke

sisterluke Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #982 sisterluke, Jun 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
    She's not going to jail. It's mostly likely going to end in a plea deal.

As far as the story goes, I interpreted the story like this:

She was supposed to go on a flight with the team but for some reason missed it. She shows up to her half sister's house later on. The sister or someone lets her in the house. The nephew notices that Hope has been drinking. Hope and her sister continue to drink wine at this party while they chit chat. Hope starts ranting about her husband not taking her to the airport. There is no clear reason as to why she wasn't taken to the airport but hope states "He's being a jerk". So we don't know why he didn't take her to the airport. It could be he was being a jerk to her or she was being a jerk to him. At some point the sister leaves Hope and goes on to do other things or talk to other people. Hope and her nephew are talking about his play. He is doing theater in the production of "Cinderella" at his school. He tells her when you act, you need to have an "athletic mindset". At this point Hope was probably drunk and decides he needs to hear the truth according to her. She states "You are too fat and crazy to be athletic". He then decides to press Hope Solo's buttons. He brings her father into the argument and says "you're the crazy one just like your father" and calls her profanities in particular the "c word" and tells her to leave the house. She then calls him the "p word" because he tells his mother on Hope. Hope then attacks him, punching him repeatedly. Terri finally intervenes trying to pry Hope off her son. Hope then turns around and attacks Terri and punches her. The nephew decides to take a broom and wack Hope over the head with the broom. The broom does nothing to Hope and apparently breaks in half over her head. The nephew decides on drastic measures and aims at Hope with a BB Gun. Finally Hope decides to walk out of the house. While leaving the house, Hope realizes that she left her cell phone inside and decides to swing around the house and jump over the fence to open the sliding glass door. As soon as she walks in, she starts her attack again on Terri. Now why she would attack her sister again is unknown at this time. Perhaps she didn't cool off and she might have been very drunk at this point or having a mental breakdown in her life. This prompts somebody to dial 911 on the house and when the police arrive, they decide that Hope is a danger to them and an assault had taken place. They arrest Hope and take her to county jail house. Hope later tells her lawyer that she in fact was the victim in the unfortunate assault and decides to plead not guilty.

Did I miss anything? :D

8. JuniorCoach

JuniorCoach Member

Mar 10, 2014
    You nailed it. https://www.facebook.com/ReignFC/posts/614135768694525

Seattle Reign FC

To our fans, sponsors and supporters:

Like many of you, last Saturday we awoke to the news that a member of our team, Hope Solo, had been arrested. Since that time we have been gathering information about the situation and have engaged in many discussions in an effort to determine the best path forward.

This investigation, which has included multiple conversations with Hope, made it clear that there are differing perspectives on the events that led up to Hope’s arrest. As such, we feel it is fair and prudent to await the outcome of the legal process before making a final judgment about the incident.

That being said, it should be understood that we hold all of our players, coaches, and employees to the highest ethical and moral standard. In the event any Seattle Reign FC player is convicted of a serious crime the consequences will be significant and swift.

We believe that our ability to inspire and to lead is derived from valuing something beyond winning. For us, winning only matters if it is done with passion, with grace, with integrity and with honor. We believe that our success is derived from a collective commitment to this higher ideal. And we believe that every member of our club, regardless of stature or station, must always strive to meet this standard.

Thus far, our experience with Hope has been that she shares this commitment to excellence. Since joining our club Hope has consistently been a great teammate, a relentless trainer and an outstanding performer on the pitch. We have been proud to have her as a member of this club.

Hope will attend and participate in all training sessions this week and will be available for selection in Saturday’s 6pm home match against Sky Blue FC.

It is our sincerest wish that the outcome of the legal process clears Hope of any wrongdoing. Should that not be the case, we will take the necessary and appropriate action at that time, in a manner consistent with the values and beliefs of our organization.

Thank you for your support of Seattle Reign FC.

blissett repped this.
  9. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    So they aren't really going to suspend her. My guess here is that she will not play on saturday but they won't come out and say it because that may affect ticket sales.

10. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Also, was I correct or was I correct :) in predicting that she will most likely break her silence today and bury it while the rest of the country celebrate the result of the USMNT. I really should be in PR.

blissett repped this.
  11. Calci0

Calci0 Member

Jun 22, 2013
    NC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Well since she has missed practice this week, up until probably today, or tomorrow, I see that as the right choice. Had this release come Monday after she was freed on bail, I think she'd have been at practice Tues thru Friday, and been ready for the game. Though I honestly wouldn't be shocked if she played this weekend, as GK'ers don't need "as" much scrimmage/formation practice as the field players.

To be fair, "she" didn't break her silence with the above release. But I'll give you partial props ;)

12. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Actually she did with a statement on her FB page this afternoon.

Too lazy to include the link

blissett repped this.
  13. Dernhelm

Dernhelm Member+

May 13, 2014
    Drovers Run
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    I would like to apologize to my fans, teammates, coaches, marketing partners and the entire US Soccer and Seattle Reign FC communities for my involvement in a highly unfortunate incident this past weekend. I understand that, as a public figure, I am held to a higher standard of conduct. I take seriously my responsibilities as a role model and sincerely apologize to everyone I have disappointed.

I love my family dearly. We, like all families, have our challenges but my sincere hope is that we are able to resolve this situation as a family. Adversity has always made us stronger and I know this situation will be no different.

I also would like to thank everyone who has reached out with messages of support and encouragement. I truly appreciate your loyalty, concern and well wishes.

Due to pending legal issues, I cannot comment further at this time. However, I am confident in the legal process and believe my name will be cleared.

I look forward to getting back on the field where I belong with both Seattle Reign FC and the US Women's National Team.

http://www.facebook.com/hopesolo/posts/10152382566594822

sisterluke and blissett repped this.
  14. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I appreciate a lot SR's official position, especially if, as Blaze20 figured, Solo will be "unofficially" benched this saturday.
    It seems the most logical course of action, until there is no certainty about what really happened. At the same time, I like the reference to high ethical standards and the implicit upcoming harsh punishment, should Solo be convicted, and the mention at putting integrity and honour ahead of win-at-all-costs mentality (it could be took for granted by someone, at least as a statement, but it's not a given, for instance, in men's football, neither in just words. Suarez' bite and Uruguay justifying him for some time at men's WC, anyone?)

Thanks, Dernhelm, for making up for Blaze20's "laziness". ;)

(Obviously joking: you're great for this thread, Blaze20, and a great predictor indeed! :))

Blaze20 repped this.
  15. Calci0

Calci0 Member

Jun 22, 2013
    NC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I stand corrected, touche'

blissett repped this.
  16. jigsawill

jigsawill Member

Aug 15, 2012
    United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid

The only game she has played so far this season.

Megan Rapinoe Vs Boston Breakers // NWSL ⊕ 2014 - 4/13/2014

mrr5 repped this.
  17. rst2

rst2 New Member

May 12, 2014
    Club:
    Wigan Athletic FC
    blissett repped this.
  18. Calci0

Calci0 Member

Jun 22, 2013
    NC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
  19. rst2

rst2 New Member

May 12, 2014
    Club:
    Wigan Athletic FC
    I mean I don't understand why there should be such an attendance jump for this match.If it's
    because of the success of the MNT or because of the unbeaten record or the Hope controversy.

blissett repped this.
  20. Calci0

Calci0 Member

Jun 22, 2013
    NC
    Club:
    Juventus FC

To be honest, I think you answered your own question. It's a combination of all three plus people are out taking advantage of summer. Attendance has steadily been on the rise as is. Sprinkle in the USWNT two friendles (not a huge reason, but it helps. Add the soccer boom due to the World Cup, and the advancing of the USMNT. And in my opinion, to a lesser degree the Hope Solo intrigue (I don't really think too many people are coming out just because of her honestly but it has publicized the team).

blissett repped this.
  21. NilamCA

NilamCA Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is a huge club soccer tournament going on. ECNL finals or something in Redmond through Sunday.

blissett and holden repped this.
  22. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    When do schools get out in Seattle?

blissett repped this.
  23. rst2

rst2 New Member

May 12, 2014
    Club:
    Wigan Athletic FC
    One thing for sure,it'll be an amazing sight to see that old stand packed.Hope they have to open-up
    the opposite one too.

24. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    The first time I saw Kopmeyer was in the NCAA quarter finals against Penn St. The match went to PKs and Kopmeyer stopped two for Michigan...unfortunately, McNulty stopped three for PSU.

25. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They've been out for several weeks now.