Reign 2014 - General discussion

Discussion in 'Seattle Reign FC' started by Blaze20, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    This seems about the right time to post this coming off her POTM performance against the Flash.

Inside Reign Episode 3: Kendall Fletcher

Some highlights from watching this:

- She is very verbose
    - Faith is a huge part of her life
    - Would love to have a family
    - Has a good relationship with her dad who have helped her whenever she is down or have lost confidence in her game.

And P.S, if the Levy style interviews make you uncomfortable, please don't watch this.

2. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The party was at Hope's house, wasn't it? :)

3. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    After yesterday's win, how much does it take before Reign is mathematically locked-in in top 4? I know it could seem like it's early to make such calculations, while we're about at the middle of the regular season, but I guess that, with an 11-0-2 record so far and the closest opponent 8 points behind (despite having played two more matches), it shouldn't take so long to officially seal the deal, at least for what regards simply qualifying for the final pool...

4. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Arbeit macht frei ? are you sure...:mad:

5. lunatica

lunatica Member+

Nov 20, 2013
    Your user name is inappropriate to say at least. Can someone in power do something about it, please...

And by the way: this discussion about Solo is really taking over the board. It's going on in 3 different threads at least. Is this really necessary?

6. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, I guess here on the Reign thread, this kind of discussion can't be avoided, at least for what concerns the way the Solo situation can possibly affect Reign's matches and overall season...

7. lunatica

lunatica Member+

Nov 20, 2013
    Let's restrict ourselves to that then.

blissett repped this.
  8. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    The post have since been deleted by another mod. Next time if you see an offending post, please report it as I do get that immediately and don't always follow all the discussions on the forum

blissett repped this.
  9. lunatica

lunatica Member+

Nov 20, 2013
    Ok, thanks.

10. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Couple of points:

1. The Solo discussion as I have seen so far have been contained to just three threads and they are all appropriate. 1 in the USWNT forum, 1 in the general NWSL forum and this discussion in the Reign forum. When and if the discussion spread to other discussion threads in the NWSL forum (which is where I have jurisdiction), I'll take appropriate action.

2. As for the content of the discussion in this thread, I do not find it out of topic at all. So far all we have been discussing is whether or not Solo should be disciplined by the Reign or not. I find that very much on topic.

P.S: The Solo discussion was all but on hold in this forum until the obvious troll post. We had all said our piece and was waiting for more information to come out today

blissett repped this.
  11. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Paging @SiberianThunderT as he is the one who is good at these types of calculations but giving that he is busy these days, we may have to wait a bit

blissett repped this.
  12. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I think Kopmeyer is a reliable and solid back-up for Solo so far. Keeping the unbeaten run intact.

13. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    She is reliable but credit must go to her defensive line as they do a good job of making sure she doesn't have to make any difficult saves or put her in compromising positions.
    That doesn't mean that she won't make those saves because as we saw in the Boston game, she is more than capable.
    After seeing Betos for Portland and Jones for the Spirit on saturday goofing off and making embarassing plays, as a Reign fan I'm very happy we have Kop.
    If she needs to work on anything though it will be her kicking game. I've noticed right now that they rarely cross the half way line.

blissett repped this.
  14. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I've seen the highlights of Washington-Portland and I can understand very well what you mean. :sick:

In particular Jones seemed very awkward to me, for a GK that has to play in a professional environment (not sure if she is a professional herself; sorry for the stupid question, but are all the players in NWSL professionals? I use to follow Nadeshiko League, where just a few players are pros and the other are semi-pros at best).

Anyway, who's 3rd GK in Seattle Reign FC, i.e. who's in line behind Kopmayer? It could become relevant, if Solo will be unvailable for a certain number of games, since Kopmayer will anyway need a sub at ready on the bench.

15. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    There is no third GK on the 20-woman roster. In the game against Boston last week, the Reign called upon Amateur GK Jamie Arthurs. I do not think they will and my opinion is they shouldn't sign a backup for Kop. The roster spot is intentionally limited at 20 to encourage teams to call upon their developmental players. I think the Reign will go that route. So far, we have seen any amateur actually play yet for the Reign but a hand ful have been included in the game day 18-woman roster, with Julia Roberts being the most frequent call up.

And yes, I believe all players in the 20-woman roster for teams are professionals.

blissett repped this.
  16. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #966 kolabear, Jun 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
    I guess crudely you could say the magic number is 15. The Washington Spirit can get a maximum total of 49 points, and they are currently the 5th highest in that regard. If Seattle gets 15 more points then neither Washington nor the other teams below them (in maximum possible points ) can catch them.

REVISED = The magic number is no more than 13 because Washington and Chicago play each other one more time so both can't get the maximum 3 points from that game. Either the Spirit or the Red Stars will have a maximum of 47 points.

The magic number to get homefield advantage in at least the first playoff game is no more than 17. Portland and KC play each other twice. So either Portland or KC will have a maximum of 51 points. Chicago is next with a maximum of 50 points. So with 17 points for the Reign, the 3rd place team can't catch them

blissett repped this.
  17. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    For those interested... you can also follow that user for live updates if you can't watch the stream

481153650375413760 is not a valid tweet id

18. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Quick court appearance.

1. Solo is released without bail
    2. Solo is ordered to have no contact with her nephew or her sister.
    3. Solo is ordered to remain alcohol free.
    4. We also found out that Solo is claiming she is the victim and responded the way she did after being hit over the head by a broom handle.

blissett repped this.
  19. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Thanks for the summary. I was keeping up via twitter.

Another thing you forgot is that her next court appearance is August 11. The reign have a home game on 8/9 and play Portland on 8/17, therefore, it does not appear that this incident will by itself prevent her from missing any games, well that is unless she does not violate the terms of her bail and that the hearing on 8/11 do not go horribly wrong.

blissett and Yoshou repped this.
  20. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
  21. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That the person screwed up? :) Hope plead not guilty.

22. Dernhelm

Dernhelm Member+

May 13, 2014
    Drovers Run
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    From what i've been reading between Daily Mail and TMZ, Hope went to the half-sister's house to rant about her (the sister's, not Jeremy) husband for causing/aggravating a missed flight. While arguing, the nephew intervened at some point which irked Hope and now she started taunting him, he calls the mom which made Hope taunt him more for being such a weakling (using vulgar words) and the boy screams at her back while also resorting to bad language and to get out of the house. That's when Hope started punching him and the mother had to intervene of course but she gets beaten as well. He grabbed a broom to whack on her head (and i think it broke) and she keeps punching them that the boy had to pull a gun on her to make her stop.

Anyway, with Hope due for more court appearances, you have to wonder if the club has the right to penalize her for missing games which they are paying her for regardless of her presence/absence.

23. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Apart from sunday games, I do not think she will miss any due to court appearances. Her next schedule appearance is 8/11 which luckily the team will be home at that point so she is fine.

We will not know the outcome of that and if she will need any other appearances. Even than, given the way these things are scheduled, my guess is any subsequent appearances will be after the NWSL season.

As for Hope, her best course for action for her and both the team to move forward is for her to schedule a press conference (preferably on thursday when the USMNT play Germany), apologize to the team/her teammates/fans/etc for her behavior and do not comment on any of the legal stuff. Mention that she will be getting some help (true or not) and ask people to respect her privacy in this time.

In the next home game this saturday, Hope should be on the bench looking as contrite as possible (meaning no bitch/game face) and should not play that game. By next week, most would have forgotten about this episode especially if the USMNT makes it out of the group stage.

In my experience, the longer she keeps her silence on this, the more people will continue to talk and make up stories.

JuniorCoach, Dernhelm and blissett repped this.
  24. Yoshou

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You did not include the part where after her nephew pulled the gun (a bb gun, apparently), Hope left the house, but then almost immediately climbed over a fence, went back into the house, and started attacking her sister again.

25. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    i thought it was hope's husband who wouldn't take her and hope came over to share.