Reid and Dawson coming to Tottenham?

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by chriswalk27, Feb 13, 2004.

1. chriswalk27

chriswalk27 New Member

Dec 8, 2003
    Dalton Georgia
    This bodes well for Tottenham because that is a ton of money Forest owes the city council.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=291270&cc=5901

Might be even worse for them if they get relegated this year. I think Reid and Dawson would be great summer signings and a real step forward.

Dawson could play in the back with Gardner and Reid could play down the left side with King in that def. midfielder role we so desperately need. I think all depends on King playing the dmidfielder role well in upcoming games.

2. DigitalTron

DigitalTron New Member

Apr 4, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    I don't know enough about the players themselves, but those are certainly two positions that we need help. Last I heard, Reid sounded a bit pricey. I'm not convinced with our central defenders. Bless Doherty's heart, and I've been pleasantly surprised with him, but I doubt he's the answer. Richards is injury-prone and we need another central organizer in addition to him anyway. Gardner has been coming along nicely, so there's one. King is injury-prone and despite his ability hasn't really impressed that much in midfield. I think he's not dependable along the back line because of his injuries, but he'd be a good third central defender. Frankly, I am still miffed that Van Buyten went to that other Manchester club ... we could have used him to pair with Gardner.

I suspect this summer will be quite interesting.

-Digital

3. Danners9

Danners9 New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Drunken Clam, Quahog
    Hey this is pretty much what i told Lauren to post up ;)