Regionalliga matchday 13 [R]

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Alex_K, Oct 25, 2003.

1. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Thomas:
    Eintracht Braunschweig played 1:1 at home against last placed Neumünster (******* **** **** !!!). Believe me, this match made the legendary Germany-Faroe qualifiers look like atractive attacking football. Neumünster, who played in a clever 10-0-0 formation, had exactly one shot on goal. Yes, i counted. They scored with their first shot on goal in the 90th minute. **** ! And the ref was a ******* idiot. And Eintracht's 1:1 in the injury time was a ******* joke, as the ball wasn't even close to the line (i could see it quite good from the standings). Ok, i will stop to bore you now and tell you that Thomas was substituted in the 70th minute, a decision most in the stadium did not understand, as he was one of the best players (if there was something like this today).

2. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Ok, this is very very high in my list for best match report of the year. (Not to be mistaken for report of best match of the year.) Thanks for the update anyway. Is Thomas playing forward in a 4-4-2? Have his skills picked up at all, or is it still his speed and work rate?

3. olafgb

olafgb New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Germany
    Thomas currently plays right mid again. Braunschweig seems to love streaks - started with 7 without loss, now they are winless since 6 games.

Gibbs (4:0 win) and Maurer (1:6 loss) DNP this weekend. Matarazzo played 17 minutes after his injury in a 1-1 draw against Uerdingen - unfortunately he came in one minute after Münster scored the lead and they allowed a last minute equaliser.

South:

Cummins had further 9 minutes in a 0:2 road loss at Pfullendorf; the score already was like that when he entered the pitch.

van Buskirk played full 90 in a surprising 2:0 road win at FC Augsburg. If DFB is right, he played central defender - but I'll check kicker tomorrow before confessing this sudden change.

Lawson and Mason played for Elversberg in a 1:0 win against Stuttgarter Kickers. Mason was taken off after an hour.

4. olafgb

olafgb New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Germany
    Thomas belonged to the top players of his team for the second straight time according to kicker.

van Buskirk indeed was used as central defender and even entered the Team of the Day for his performance.