Regional War Part 4

Discussion in 'International News' started by Matt in the Hat, Jul 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    ... and you can't argue with facts like that! :D

2. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Mate, let's be honest.

You live in a country that didn't come into the second world war until AFTER they were themselves attacked by the Japenese and, by the looks of it, come from another country that was quite happy to work with the nazis to carve up the spoils of eastern europe.

You're not really in a position to start lecturing people in Europe about being unwilling to go to war at the drop of a hat.

Frankly, over the past few thousand years, that's the LAST thing you can say about Europeans.

The fact that we're not so ready to let SOMEONE ELSE'S kids die in a pointless war isn't because we're cowards. It's because, unlike you, we've generally got an idea what it means.

3. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I imagine you'd hear similar tales across the middle east. The thing that is uniting them is the current Israeli action and it's intransigence in not wishng to come to an agreement with the Palestinians.

Solve THAT and 90% of the current problems will disappear in a decade. Which is not the same as saying that no muslim will dislike Jews. That will take a long, long time to disappear. They just won't bother to do anything about it... that's all!

4. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Israel leaves Lebanon and gets a Hezbollah militia, leaves Gaza and gets Hamas.

I really have no desire to argue with you. I feel you generally just wish people the best, but from my perspective Israeli concessions are treated as nothing more than signs of weakness. When Arabs and Arabized Iranians wish to talk peace, Israel should talk peace. When they talk war, Israel needs to be able to play that game as well, Middle East style.

5. Sagy

Sagy Member

Aug 6, 2004
    If by current you mean 1948, then maybe you have a point. The existence of Israel has always been a "problem" the Arab leaders used to rally the masses around.

Israel has made many offers for agreement with the Palestinians. Every single one has been rejected. If anyone in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict has been intransigence it is the Palestinians (from the rejection of the 1947 UN resolution and all the way to today). One example:

Not only was this offer rejected, at the time not a single Palestinian leader stood up and said that Arafat was wrong to reject the offer.

The facts show that the only acceptable agreement to most Palestinians and Arab leaders is the removal of Israel from the map (the moderate ones are willing to do so in stages). For some strange reason, I think that Israel will find this unacceptable.

Can you explain why you concluded that Israel is "not wishng (sic) to come to an agreement with the Palestinians" when all the facts show it is the other way around?

6. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD
    Save it for another Yank. I was born in a country that lost over 30 mil to Hitler, while your fat arse PM was hoping he'd kill more just to get rid of Stalin. My Jewish grandpa went from Kiev to Berlin and came back with a piece of metal in his chest and just enough time given by doctors to pop my mom into the world. And my sister is currently in the IDF.
    England, on the other hand, will soon become a Shiite stronghold, judging by the fact that so soon after the Underground deal so many of your folks march together with the nutcases who did it just because the Jewish attempts at self-protection rub them the wrong way.
    You boys are messed up big.

7. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    This is an interesting point that touches on the foolishness of the argument that Israel can rest well just because of its alliance with America. No country can totally rely on another. I'd like to think that we would never have let Great Britain be conquered by the Nazis, but that's hardly a certainty.

8. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    According to Reuters and IDF sources 100 Hezbollah fighters have been killed, 19 of those bodies IDF posses. Also, IDF has taken over several villages in Southern Lebanon over looking Hezbollah's command posts on the ridge. Looks like slowly, but surely IDF is driving Hezbollah out. In additon, many stockpiles of weapons found (where do you think) in a MOSQUE: rockets, ammo, mortats, guns, etc.
    Meanwhile Palestinian terrorists in Gaza want to have a ceasefire and claim they won't fire rockets into Israel any longer - maybe they finally are getting smarter.

9. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD
    100 guerillas? Oh me, oh my, can a New Zealand condemnation rally be far away? How about Thailand? Are they outraged yet?

10. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Few days ago there was a big Pro-Israel rally in Amsterdam with thousands of participants. Today there was an anti-Israel, UK, America rally in Amsterdam. All over the world, there are demonstrations against Israel though... Yawns...What's new...

11. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    More intersting news: http://www.debka.com/headline.php?hid=2950

Syria placed its army on war preparedness, pointed Scuds at Israel from Thursday, July 20, the day Tehran took control of Lebanon War

July 22, 2006, 12:27 PM (GMT+02:00)

12. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    Sorry about Shurik, my fellow yank, Andy. But he's really not typical. It's amazing actually. So many of the Russians that come to the states pick up the worst qualities of americans, and retain the worst qualities of the homeland. And they don't seem to tap into the better qualities of either culture.

13. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Which qualities are you reffering to that are so bad: his sharp sense of humor, outstanding writing skills or his jewish patriotism?

14. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD
    You don't know the worst of it.
    Apple pie and baseball, for example. Can't stand it.

15. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice personal attack. Do you mind if everyone keeps on point as we discuss the war over fairy tales?

16. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Looks like more rockets are fired onto Kiryat Shimona and sriens sound off in Haifa as more people go into bomb shelters.
    A good thing is that Israelis are hoping not to stay or invade Lebanon, but rather complete a mission of getting rid of Hezbollah. The question is who will secure Lebanese borders, it can't be UN. Hopefully Lebanese Army with the help of IDF can temorarily monitor borders, while Lebaese army rebuilds itself.

17. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD
    Jews aren't fighting over fairy tales. Most of us have long ago recognized the fact that proper refrigerating equipment available in the modern world makes the inane taboo of the world's tastiest meat completely obsolete.
    My dad, for example, says that whenever my youngest sister brings a man into the house, the first thing he'll do is put a steaming plate of pork in front of him. And if he refuses, this surely means the SOB is an Arab.

18. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Sorry about Metrogo, my fellow MetroStars fan, Shurik. But he's really not typical. He neither understands or has either class or culture.
    So her male Jewish friends are now eating the other white meat?

19. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD
    Think of it this way: how can people who have invented religion also believe in it?

20. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why are you bringing up the Egyptians? :)

21. #10 Jersey

#10 Jersey Member

May 2, 1999
    And this isn't a personal attack on Jews and Arabs?

22. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    i laugh when i see public protests

"guys there are 500 Aussies marching against us"

"500 Aussies marching against us!, withdraw all troops immediately!!"

23. valanjak

valanjak BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 14, 2005
    Perspolis
    The Lebanese who don’t even like Hezboallah , hate Israel more then ever, this war has united all the Lebanese people against one enemy , and that’s the Jewish state who are behaving just like Hitler , I guess some people just never learn.

24. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    yeah, the IDF is coming into Lebanon, building railways, shooting everyone, putting them in trains like cattle, taking them into concentration camps they made in Israel and dropping them into gas chambers and ovens.

25. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD
    Yes, I loved it when Hitler withdrew from the Sudettenland only to see Czech extremists launch their kegs of Pilsener accross the mountain peaks into Bavaria. Surely, Hitler's only option was to Anschluss the ritzenschnautzer out of the Slavische schweine. How many times do they have to be told: ze Germans don't like their piss-colored swill!