Regional War Part 4

Discussion in 'International News' started by Matt in the Hat, Jul 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a feeling that Condi is going to tell Israel that they have one more week to wrap things up against Hezobollah and then the US will call for a cease fire.

Or that's what I said I would do last Saturday night after a few beers. :p

2. #10 Jersey

#10 Jersey Member

May 2, 1999
    Just so you know, Suzanne Goldenberg is mentioned in the book the Other War as one of the most biased reports reporting on the middle east. So is the Guardian for that matter. No surprise you would pick that article. Heck they don't even use the name terrorists or even militants for Hezbollah, they call them military, the same word used for Israel...nice credible source you cite.

And again, how would they know at this early point, without real evidence, who are the terrorists.

3. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    Poor strawman. Care to make any further claims about what I've said. You've asked for "proof" in your posts and I've provided it.

Your turn

4. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    Which part of my post "seems to say otherwise"? Proof or retract

5. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    I find your comment offensive and require an apology. Prove it or retract it.

6. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    Yes. So you admit Israel have committed war crimes?

7. #10 Jersey

#10 Jersey Member

May 2, 1999
    Your posts prove it. Please prove me wrong with what I said about you saying anything about any of the other groups I mentioned before. The Sudanese, the Tibetans, etc....show me a post...

8. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    The Guardian is more anti-Israel than Al-Jazeera.

Look, I understand that when you see innocent people suffering or killed, it's very troubling. I totally understand why you're upset, but you can't divorce this battle from the overall campaign to exterminate Israel. If tomorrow Lebanon said it wanted to be friends with Israel, their hotels would be packed with Israeli tourists.

9. #10 Jersey

#10 Jersey Member

May 2, 1999
  10. #10 Jersey

#10 Jersey Member

May 2, 1999
    thanks...but please provide the actual link with full quotes. You use.... quite a bit, which means you have snipped portions. I need the context.

You've cut something out, because willful killing can't be a war crime. Isn't that the point of war...willful killing?

And also, show me which of these Israel has committed and how...

11. valanjak

valanjak BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 14, 2005
    Perspolis
    You just have a funny way of understanding issues , your biased as Hitler was during his speeches

12. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    Fine, how about the Sydney Morning Herald or is that run by a bunch of anti-semites as well?

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/am...-says-red-cross/2006/07/24/1153593272695.html

Do I need to link the reports from the BBC? AP? Reuters? Fox? CNN? Any of those good enough for you or are they all famously anti-semitic as well? :rolleyes:

Those are all approximations from journalists on the ground but I'm sure you know better than them.

By the way, I don't remember actually providing a number that would throw you into this hissy fit. I referenced the 400+ dead which includes combatants and civilians and have read statements from UN representatives that of this 400+ well over a third have been women and children.

13. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    Show me where my posts prove it. Link my anti-semitic comments. Or apologise.

14. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    You're taking the piss. I can tell you're a biased prat but you have to be joking with that. You just hit a new low

Tell you what, you carry on living in your happy little world where everything Israel does is justifiable and acceptable and I'll live in the real world with a clear conscience - you should try it sometime

15. Shaster

Shaster Member+

Apr 13, 1999
    El Cerrito, CA, USA
    Agree. That is why people like me --who has no sympathy for both sides, call both sides terroists. :p

16. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By what was listed BOTH sides have.
    In fact it was a war crime that started this whole war.

17. valanjak

Jun 14, 2005
    Perspolis
    Just like the war crimes committed by your hero brain dead Sharon?

18. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Trolling, is this because you have no real argument?

19. valanjak

Jun 14, 2005
    Perspolis
    Yes I am trolling , just like when you said “ A good Irani is a dead one” is not raciest . You have so much credibility :rolleyes:

20. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Why is this so difficult to understand - Israel is bombing anything that can help Hezbollah (hiding, transportation, storage, escape route, etc). If hospitals are hit and civilians are killed is not because Israel is doing this for the hell of it or because it hates Lebanese people (they can do much more if really wanted), but to make a point, which is Israel will not sit by and have THEIR civilians taken hostage by rocket fire. If Hezbollah is making life hell in Israel (even if it's innacurate or damaging as IDF), why wouldn't Israel make life difficult for those that harbored and helped those terrorists. Again, it's a war, just ask those who are there.

21. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    At least you're not in jeopardy of making both sides hate you :p

22. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is a statement that is part of my freedom of speech to make. Just like when you support armanass when he says Israel should be wiped off the map.

23. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Funny news about another terrorist stuck in Lebanon.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/07/24/schuster.hezbollah/index.html

24. valanjak

Jun 14, 2005
    Perspolis
    But why don’t you admit that your raciest when you make statements like that , you just said you want 70 million Iranians dead without giving a reason , what’s not raciest about that?

25. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did not say iranians did I? Show me anywhere where I said "iranians"
    I said a good irani is a dead one. Define irani