Regional War Part 4

Discussion in 'International News' started by Matt in the Hat, Jul 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #10 Jersey

#10 Jersey Member

May 2, 1999
    Time to check your moral barometer again. Oh sorry, you don't have one.

2. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    Funny, I used specifics and pointed to those to demonstrate that war crimes are taking place. I haven't extrapolated anything. Maybe you should actually read my posts before you froth at the mouth and hit the reply button?

Ah, so everything the IDF does is justified. I just have to wait for the evidence... You appear to forget that we've also seen it proven that IDF is more than capable of barbaric acts.

3. #10 Jersey

#10 Jersey Member

May 2, 1999
    If you don't speak out against terrorism and instead speak out only against those fighting terrorism, it's a logical conclusion.

Show me some of your posts where you decry Muslim extremism or any terrorism.. show me...you only seem to get worked up about Israel...but you are funny like that...

How come you don't get worked up about the thousands of Tibetans killed by China? I haven't seen a post about that.

How come you don't get worked up about the huge amount killed in Darfur. Nope, don't see you worked up about that...

Hmmm, you get worked up about....what....oh yeah, Israel...

4. #10 Jersey

#10 Jersey Member

May 2, 1999
    On that we agree....you just have a funny way of defining those fighting extremists as extremists....now go away and climb back into your hole...

5. #10 Jersey

#10 Jersey Member

May 2, 1999
    Again, please quote from me the law you are referring to that defines these acts as war crimes. If you can't you are merely using inflammatory language like a child.

6. #10 Jersey

#10 Jersey Member

May 2, 1999
    Show me the proof...or is it like the war crime thing...you can't prove that either...

7. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    So exactly how many of the 400+ dead Lebanese are terrorists? I'm basing my numbers on approximations provided by the likes of the BBC and other credible press agencies. What are you using?

Assume much? I actually lauded the Israelis for doing this on thread number 3. I just think it's in bad taste to warn someone to get out and then blow them up when they're doing so. But thats just me...

LMAO. And we can rely on you having a neutral view then to make such a judgment?

8. #10 Jersey

#10 Jersey Member

May 2, 1999
    Show me where the BBC breaks it down. I'm curious. And then how would the BBC know. How would they know if someone was a terrorist. Especially if the people in the area don't regard Hezbollah as terrorists.

9. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    Ah, didn't take long to bring out the "anti Semite" inference (and you query my debating "tactics").

Care to tell me what "my desire" is in relation to Israel? Wouldn't it be polite to actually justify a claim of anti-semitism when you make it?

10. #10 Jersey

#10 Jersey Member

May 2, 1999
    So you prefer the Hizbullah approach...kill the innocents without warning...or without any chance of saving themselves. I see

11. #10 Jersey

#10 Jersey Member

May 2, 1999
    I recognize terrorism. I have no problem seeing the difference between terrorists and those fighting terrorists. I side with those fighting the terrorists...There...you heard it....I admit it....I side with Israel, those fighting terrorists..

We understand...you side with the terrorists....I know you say you don't but wow, your posts seem to say otherwise.

12. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    From the Israeli POV - Yes!

13. #10 Jersey

#10 Jersey Member

May 2, 1999
    It's not a tactic. You are an anti-semite. You apply a different standard to Jews than you apply to anyone else.

14. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Those numbers have been noted that no distinction has been made concerning if they were all civilians or if they included hezbollah in their count. I have not yet found a single account where they broke down hezbollah losses as opposed to confirmed Lebanese civilians lost.

Also if you refer back to the earlier threads, I outright stated that Israel should concentrate only on hezbollah and work with the Lebanese PM to strike at hezbollah together.

15. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Israel would be eager to sign a peace treaty with Lebanon. Instead they make bogus territorial claims (which the UN rejects) and wish to fight the war to exterminate Israel on their terms.

16. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/07/24/mideast.diplomacy/index.html

17. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9091727&postcount=498

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9059252&postcount=203

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9060132&postcount=213

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9060431&postcount=223

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9062015&postcount=283

There's a few to start with, I'll dig up more if you really want.

Now how about you show me your posts criticising Israel if you feel you are in a position to judge my bias and neutrality

18. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chalk this one up to frivolous, inane lawsuits.

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsa...AWSUIT.xml&WTmodLoc=Home-C2-TopNews-newsOne-5

19. SgtSchultz

SgtSchultz Member

Jul 11, 2001
    Parts Unknown
    With all due respect, the entire ME is interconnected. Iraq is not meaningless. It was just one part of the ME puzzle. Bush felt he could remove Saddam without upsetting the rest of the region. In some ways Bush has hastened change in the ME. The problem is the change will not help the US in the future.

20. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Hopefully the ones that provide aid to Hezbollah, which has killed many Americans as well as Israelis, will get a free vacation to Cuba.

21. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    Here's the Guardians breakdown for starters.... and a nice little link to the Red Cross ambulance attack.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/syria/story/0,,1828143,00.html

22. #10 Jersey

#10 Jersey Member

May 2, 1999
    Let's be honest, you make a passing comment about Hizbullah and then equate them with Israel. That is not separating out the terrorists from those fighting terrorists.

It remind me of the constant Palestinian line where they react to a suicide bombing in Israel by "condemning" the action and all actions that kill innocents.

Just another case of moral equivalency...

But i guess its better that you at least see part of the equation. I'll give you credit for that.

Israel is not perfect they have made many mistakes. All countries do. But their intentions are good, to build humanity not tear it down.

23. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    Article 147 of the Fourth Geneva Convention defines war crimes as: "Wilful killing, torture or inhuman treatment, including... wilfully causing great suffering or serious injury to body or health, unlawful deportation or transfer or unlawful confinement of a protected person, compelling a protected person to serve in the forces of a hostile power, or wilfully depriving a protected person of the rights of fair and regular trial, ...taking of hostages and extensive destruction and appropriation of property, not justified by military necessity and carried out unlawfully and wantonly."

24. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So by this then both sides are guilty. The reason for all this was a violation of this.

25. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan