Regional War Part 4

Discussion in 'International News' started by Matt in the Hat, Jul 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. valanjak

valanjak BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 14, 2005
    Perspolis
    So its ok to bomb cars which are leaving Southern Lebanon ( something Israel asked the Lebanese to do ) because Israel claims it will make Israel safer. What if you had your family members in one of those cars , would you still make a statement like that?

2. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    No actually, it doesn't have any right to do so. Those actions are war crimes and Israel signed up to the treaty outlawing them.

3. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    Leave me out of your argument with scarecrow. You're as bad as he is

4. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Accidents happen - it's an effing war. Israeli citizens are in bomb shelters - it's a war. People die, whether it's ok or not is irrelevant when it comes to war. Hezbollah started it, Israel will finish it.

5. #10 Jersey

#10 Jersey Member

May 2, 1999
    Maybe you haven't read or watched the news...because hezbollah sets up in civilian homes, businesses, neighborhoods. They have in effect kidnapped the Lebanese people. And you seem ok with it.

6. #10 Jersey

#10 Jersey Member

May 2, 1999
    You should just put him on ignore. He doesn't deserve debate.

7. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    But Hezbollah has the right to fire rockets into civilian population? They are Lebanese, part of Lebanese parliament, using Lebanese territories - why isn't Lebanon held responsible?

8. #10 Jersey

#10 Jersey Member

May 2, 1999
    Easy.. Recognize the existence of the state of Israel and cooperate in the removal of terrorists from within its midsts....

It works with the Palestinians too..stop the use of violence and terrorism, in actions not in words....the result peace and negotation. It's really pretty easy if you act civilized and commit to building something in this world instead of tearing down everything everyone else has built. It takes a commitment to personal responsibilty and a desire to create something and to stop blaming others for your own problems and the problems caused by your corrupt leaders.

9. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    :confused:

How does that justify attacking two Red Cross ambulances? How does that justify attacking people for obeying Israeli "suggestions" to leave town before it gets attacked? How does that justify attacking a hospital containing hundreds of innocent civilians and yet provide not one single shred of evidence that Hezbollah were using it to launch rockets from?

As do you with the IDF's murder of hundreds of innocent civilians.

10. valanjak

Jun 14, 2005
    Perspolis
    Yes people die , but you people seem think the lives of Israelis is far more important then the Lebanese people

11. #10 Jersey

#10 Jersey Member

May 2, 1999
    Strange. You feel comfortable excusing the large number of Muslims that are responsible for the horrors that we are seeing in the world today.

12. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    Something which may have happened in the light of the Cedar Revolution but unfortunately we'll never know since Olmert decided this border fracas was a timely excuse to show he could get tough with the best of them

You mean civilized like bombing a country back into the stone age because two soldiers were kidnapped? That kind of civilized?

:rolleyes:

13. #10 Jersey

#10 Jersey Member

May 2, 1999
    I'll say it. I hate extremist muslims that engage in terrorism and incitement.

14. valanjak

Jun 14, 2005
    Perspolis
    The horrors are caused by bunch of rich white man sitting in the White House.

15. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    Nice strawman but woefully misplaced.

Care to show me where I made such a claim?

16. valanjak

Jun 14, 2005
    Perspolis
    I hate all extremists who resort to violence , Jews, Muslims, Christians

17. #10 Jersey

#10 Jersey Member

May 2, 1999
    Can you prove your ridiculous statement? For someone that says he doesn't favor Hezbollah, you sure use similar language. You say something inflammatory like war crime and then can't back it up.

Also, show me where a terrorist group residing in another sovereign country is entitled to the protections of the conventions of war.

18. entropy

entropy Member

Aug 31, 2000
    People's Republic of Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Hahaha...George W. Bush, cuckholded.

19. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    As do I but that isn't what scarecrow stated on many occasions. Maybe you should choose which arguments you want to jump into a little more carefully next time

20. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    This is not the right diplomatic approach and I'll tell you why: I'm fucking sick of shi'ites. I'm a nice moderate liberal American who has no anti-Jewish bias because I love Hollywood. In other words, I'm the power that be's. I want to see Hezbollah completely destroyed, but the attack on the Lebanese infrastructure sickens me. Only about 30% of the Lebanese population is Shi'ite. Don't make the innocent pay. I'm heartened to see Israel take a ground campaign into southern Lebanon to attack the cancer directly. It means that more Israelis die, but it also shows the sacrifice Israel is willing to make to protect itself. This is necessary. I wish America could join this fight, but Bush wasted our go-to-war capital on a meaningless Iraq.

21. valanjak

Jun 14, 2005
    Perspolis
    And what does this have to with wanting all Iranians dead?

22. #10 Jersey

#10 Jersey Member

May 2, 1999
    You talk about generalizations? You take errors by Israel and then extrapolate them to all actions that they take. And these may not even be errors. The Pals have been using ambulances repeatedly to transport terrorists, why do you think Hezbollah is any different.

The war is less than two weeks old and Israel is in the midst of a war. Please forgive them if they have better things to do than provide you their evidence. Give them time and they will. Which is something the media never does. they accept the terrorist/apologist bull and report it without question. Then when the Israelis provide proof, we barely see it reported. See Mohammed El Dura, see Jenin, etc, etc, etc.

23. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    So the attack on the civilians leaving Sidon was a figment of my imagination? Same with the Apache helicopters that attacked the Red Cross ambulances?

Or aren't those war crimes any more?

Ah, the Gitmo defence. Nice morality you have there but it's an irrelevant point anyway. If you actually bothered reading Odessit's post you'd see he was justifying the bombing of buses, airports etc if it was in Israels defence. And those would be Lebanese buses, airports etc.

24. #10 Jersey

#10 Jersey Member

May 2, 1999
    I am saddened by all civilian deaths, but a) your count of innocent civilians include terrorists. That's just how you are. I accept that. I just won't degrade myself to call terrorists civilians and b) Israel does not target civilians. You laugh at their notices to the residents, instead of giving them the slightest credit for doing so. You are so biased you can't even see it.

25. #10 Jersey

#10 Jersey Member

May 2, 1999
    So the 1200 rocket attacks in the last 6 years is no issue for you. Please excuse the residents of Israel that aren't willing to keep playing Hezbollah roulette with their lives or the lives of their kids.

Again, we as Jews and all of Israel will not apologize for seeking to stay alive. Despite your desire.

And also, you say that bombing a country back into the stone age, as you grossly overstate it (which also says much about your debate tactics), is uncivilized. So are you against all wars or only those where Jews defend themselves.