Regional War Part 4

Discussion in 'International News' started by Matt in the Hat, Jul 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because they run the show over there. The underdog is given a little more liberty in their actions. It's not fair, but that's how it goes.

I'm just saying that your debate in this thread is going into the flaming region. Try to keep it to facts and witty repartee

2. Matt in the Hat

Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why are they an enemy?

How does this whole thing end?

3. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD
    Yes, and did they "run the show" in 1967 and 1974, before the bomb, before the US support, invaded from all sides by a horde of maniacs outnumbering them whothehellknowshowmany-to-one?
    Who was the underdog then?
    But oh how quick was the UN to pass the "Zionism is Fascism" resolution!

But I am not sophisticated enough for this. I am not even sure what a repatriant is. Unless it's me.

4. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD
    It's not a novel concept: people fighting over land, you know.

Folks should know when they are defeated.
    Israel, BTW, is the only side who has ever shown any inclination to make the steps towards peace. But every time Israel makes a consession, Arabs erect a rocket launcher on it.
    How does it end? Maybe, when terrorism becomes unprofitable. There are too many mudderfeckers there who don't want peace. Being a militant is the only job they want.

5. SgtSchultz

SgtSchultz Member

Jul 11, 2001
    Parts Unknown
    Have you read the Koran?

6. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD
    Only the part about the chicks.

7. Matt in the Hat

Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How can you defeat you enemy if you don't know them?

8. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD
    I would be extremely surprised if I found out that Stalin knew Goethe by heart.

9. Matt in the Hat

Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the end, Stalin wasn't entirely victorious either.

10. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD
    Yes, Death got him in the end.
    But the Jews are currently undefeated. Did you see the bracket? Philistines, Romans, Inquisitors, Cossacks, Nazis... All dead now. I think we are in the Final Four and you would be pretty ill advised to bet against us in your office pool the rest of the way.

11. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Hell no. The USA is alone in its support for the Israeli attacks on Lebanon.

12. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    May I help you pack?

13. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    America has actually made the Arab-Israeli conflict less bloody since heavily supporting Israel (along with some Arab states) in the 70s.

Israel was attacked by an army on its border that is determined to wipe Israel off the map and is armed by a soon to be nuclear power that is even more determined to finish Hitler's work. This is simply intolerable.

14. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD
    Just because the English are quick to forget what happened in their "Underground" and don't whipe a horde of marching Muslims off their streets like we know they can (oh, but the fans of Liverpool are so much more deserving the wrath, aren't they?), doesn't mean the US should side with terrorists too.
    The rest of the world can go and screw itself. It's not like it has a great track record on the Jew question.

15. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Australia has been very supportive as well. And don't forget Micronesia.

16. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD
    Australia? Hell no! Look they are marching too:

[​IMG]

Isn't it cute? Australia has an opinon!

17. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
    Actually I think its the only job there is. Unemployment is rampant.

18. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3279762,00.html

19. Sagy

Sagy Member

Aug 6, 2004
    But many countries support (even if it is by silence) Israel's attacks on Hezbollah (in Lebanon). These attacks started as a result of Hezbollah crossing the border, killing eight and kidnapping two Israeli soldiers.

This might be a technically (is it for Lebanese), but Israel is attacking Hezbollah, not Lebanon. If UN resolution 1559 was implemented this would never have happened.

20. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    It's nice to hear from real Iranians.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/23/w...&en=70e1c0cde0073ad9&ei=5094&partner=homepage

21. sardus_pater

sardus_pater Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Sardinia Italy EU
    Club:
    Cagliari Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    2 lebanese soldiers who were wounded during the bombing of their barracks died today.

Israeli helicopters attacked the cars of Al Arabiya, AL Jazeera and Al Manar (hezbollah tv) journalists even though the cars were marked with a big TV - s. lebanon. No wounded.

A hezbollah rocket wounded 4 ppl (1 seriously) in Safed. All of them were members of the same family.

15 french were wounded (1 seriously) under the bombings in Junieh, lebanon.

King of Jordan Abdallah asks for a ceasefire and an end of the israeli military escalation.

Syria is ready to discuss the crisis with the US.

The israeli troops took control of Maroun al-Ras, S. lebanon which is considered a strategic village. Gen. Benny Gantz confirmed the news.

3 israeli tanks were hit in a hill near Maroun al-Ras. Hezbollah say they hit an israeli tank and the crew is either wounded or dead at 6 p.m. local time, and that they are rejecting the attacks of the tanks in the centre of the village.

Either these 2 news have been done at different times or there's some propagnda involved. I tend to believe the official statement of an israeli general more.

Repubblica.it

22. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD
    Maroun al-Ras is taken. Operation Whoopass is nicely underway.
    Oh, the Israeli war crimes! Dozens of Heezboolahs are reportedly snuffed out in the primes of their lives by bloodthirsty Jewish commandos.
    Warm up the virgins! Sheik She Shat Herself is coming soon.

"Jewish commandos"... Man, I almost get a woody by just saying that.

23. Sagy

Sagy Member

Aug 6, 2004
    This story about 72 virgins is all a result of misunderstanding. It is really a 72 years old virgin and no where does it say it has to be a female...

24. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The war against Terror has reached the psychological warfare level...:eek:

25. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD
    No, really, what is the deal with those virgins? Do they ever run out?
    And will She Shat Herself get better virgins than the regular cannon fodder? It's a fascinating subject, you know.