Reggina [R]

Discussion in 'Italy: Clubs' started by BrianCappellieri, Jul 23, 2002.

1. soccerfan220

soccerfan220 New Member

Jun 24, 2002
    USA
    0-0 tie with Milan. That's a great result for you guys. Thank you for slowing down Milan!

2. mr magoo

mr magoo New Member

Jul 19, 2002
    South Shields
    Well done to Reggina on their current form and good result against Milan. Maybe Juve can beat them at the weekend and Lazio can sneak into third some time soon.

Hope Reggina stay up, we need more southern teams in Serie A.

3. Hawkz

Hawkz New Member

Mar 25, 2003
    Hungary
    Hi for all! Forza Reggina!

I'm very pleased, because I joined this forum! This is my first thread! I'm very pleased to see, that so many Reggina fans on this site are! My english is not very good, but I trying to learn it better! I looking for to find new fans! This is a very god place! Thanks for everyone!
    FORZA Reggina!

4. Jawz10

Jawz10 Moderator

Feb 27, 1999
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Welcome to the boards Hawkz feel free to join in any conversation and/or thread and weigh in with your opinion. :)

5. Hawkz

Hawkz New Member

Mar 25, 2003
    Hungary
    Reggina wins!

Reggina have won a very important game against Empoli! Reggina - Empoli 1-0 score: Nakamura (54. pen) It's a great result! We are on the 13.place yet! Forza Reggina!
    Peace! Hawkz

6. soccerfan220

soccerfan220 New Member

Jun 24, 2002
    USA
    Reggina should stay up.I hope they do but I hate Nakamura. Reggina should get their own secton. People are posting more on it than the Roma one (or at least lately.) Why are there so many Reggina fans here anyway?

7. garbaggio

garbaggio Member

Jan 3, 2001
    Arlington
    Warning: several results discussed below.

RAI showed the Atalanta - Reggina match today so I saw them for the first time in about a month.

Pretty good result from Reggina, I think. They actually dropped down to 14th place because of Empoli's win but avoided what could have been disastrous if Atalanta won. Getting the point on the road is probably not as vital as denying Atalanta the 3 points which would have shoved Reggina back down into the relegation zone.

Atalanta took an early lead at home as Doni knocked in a rebound after a header had hit the crossbar. Atalanta almost went up by two in 1st half injury time when an Atalanta forward shot through Belardi's legs (it must have taken a slight deflection) and the ball rolled just wide of the far post - D'abo caught up to it but his momentum carried him over the endline and he only got a very weak shot off against the post.

Reggina was much better in the 2nd half and Buonazzuoli headed home a cross to equalize early in the half. Cozza had a very strong long-range freekick which nearly scored and Reggina had at least as many chances to score as the home team did. Atalanta scored in the final 10 minutes but it was called back as the scorer was clearly offside.

Here's the "avoid relegation zone" standings with 6 games remaining:

12. Modena 32
    13. Empoli 31
    14. Reggina 30
    15. Atalanta 29
    16. Piacenza 23 (bye bye)
    17. Como 20 (why do your shirts say "temporary"?)
    18. Torino 19 (still get to play in a Serie A stadium)

Does anyone know what the tiebreakers are between Modena, Empoli, Reggina and Atalanta? I believe head-to-head results trump goal differential.

8. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    because we hate roma and we love reggina.

GO REGGINA!!!

9. Hawkz

Hawkz New Member

Mar 25, 2003
    Hungary
    The results

I know the results between these 4 teams:
    Atalanta-Modena 1-3
    Reggina-Modena 0-1
    Empoli-Reggina 4-2
    Reggina-Atalanta 1-1
    Empoli-Modena 1-0
    Atalanta-Empoli 2-2
    Modena-Atalanta 0-2
    Modena-Reggina 2-1
    Reggina-Empoli 1-0
    Atalanta-Reggina 1-1
    Modena-Empoli (04. may)
    Empoli-Atalanta (11 may)

Not good results for Reggina, but they will be made it with more points!
    FORZA REGGINA!

10. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Two-way ties for key positions (Scudetto, Champions League berth, relegation, etc) are always broken by a playoff. If more than two teams are tied, a mini-table is drawn up with the results just between the teams in question, and the two top (or bottom or whatever the case may be) then have a play off. Let's hope it doesn't come to that. I still have awful memories of that dreadful Verona playoff a few years back.

11. garbaggio

garbaggio Member

Jan 3, 2001
    Arlington
    Thanks, Sue! I remembered when I was about 90% thru my post that you had posted something about tiebreakers earlier in the thread.

So head-to-head results would come into play only in the event of a 3 (or more) way tie. Avoiding an outcome where comparison of head-to-head results is necessary will be good for Reggina according to the results Hawkz posted.

Would a playoff between tied teams be home-and-away format or 1 game at a neutral site?

12. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Generally, it's a 2-leg playoff. The only times I've seen this changed to one game at a neutral site is when bigger teams are involved (eg for a CL or UEFA cup spot) and when there is a reason to get it done as soon as possible - ie World Cup or European Championship coming up after the season. None of that applies in this case.

13. Hawkz

Hawkz New Member

Mar 25, 2003
    Hungary
    FORZA REGGINA

Reggina had a 0-0 draw sunday against AC Parma! That's a fair good result! But Atalanta had only a 2-2 draw at home against Torino. The last four games will be very important! But have 1 point advantage.
    FORZA REGGINA!

14. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    From what I heard, Reggina played a very conservative game against Parma, which I hope doesn't come back to haunt them. Lost 3-2 at home to Roma, while Atalanta got a point against Inter, so things are all tied up now. Away to a desperate - but still with SOME hope - Piacenza next week is not an ideal fixture.

15. garbaggio

garbaggio Member

Jan 3, 2001
    Arlington
    I did a bit of internet scoreboard watching on Saturday morning before I went to referee some women's games. When I left Reggina was leading Roma on Bonazzoli's goal and Atalanta was trailing Inter...

I came back 6 hours later - what a turnabout:(

With 3 weeks remaining Reggina and Atalanta are tied. I can't really tell who has the easier run-in:

Week 32: Piacenza-Reggina, Empoli-Atalanta
    Week 33: Reggina-Juve, Atalanta-Como
    Week 34: Bologna-Reggina, Roma-Atalanta

Next week Piacenza and Empoli will both still have something to play for. I think Piacenza will be the most desperate, but Empoli can clinch survival with a win.

The following week Reggina clearly faces a difficult opponent but maybe Juve will be enjoying a scudetto hangover or be more focused on the Champion's League. Como will have only pride to play for against Atalanta.

The final week it seems that neither Bologna nor Roma will have much to play for unless Roma is still fighting for a UEFA Cup spot.

16. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Piacenza-Reggina is the live RAI International game this Saturday.

17. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    flat-footed tie with two rounds to go....c'mon Reggina, keep the South in Serie A...

Juve has nothing to play for and will rest their starts this week most likely...

Week 33: Reggina-Juve, Atalanta-Como
    Week 34: Bologna-Reggina, Roma-Atalanta

18. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    I just hope Como wants to stick it to their neighbors from Bergamo, but my cynical husband says it's more likely their presidents will work out some backroom handshake deal. Unfortunately, the schedule definitely favors Atalanta because Bologna is the only opponent of the four that is still playing for anything (InterToto).

19. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    reggina now must win the final game.

20. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    phew, things were shaky for a while there after the Reggina 'keeper cleared the ball into Zalayeta for the Juve goal...

Both Reggina/Atalanta on the road in tough spots...should be interesting..

21. Hawkz

Hawkz New Member

Mar 25, 2003
    Hungary
    Playoff-games

Reggina and Atalanta will play the playoff for the place in the Serie A!
    Schedule:
    2003-05-29, 20.30 Reggina - Atalanta (De Santis)
    2003-06-01, 20.30 Atalanta - Reggina (Collina)

I hope Reggina can win the first game, and they win by 2(3)-0!
    That will be a god result!

FORZA REGGINA!

22. Hawkz

Hawkz New Member

Mar 25, 2003
    Hungary
    FORZA REGGINA!!

Reggina have won the second relegation game 2-1!
    They are in the next season in the Serie A$

Did anzone know when the new season begins?
    I will go to the first home game!!!

FORZA REGGINA!