Reflection upon Croatian War

Discussion in 'Croatia' started by Hrvatska Domovina, May 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hrvatska Domovina

Hrvatska Domovina New Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Canberra, Australia
    It may not be directly pertaining to soccer but I was just wondering how after over ten years since the homeland war has finished how people feel about the subject. For me personally I don't feel any hatred or bitterness towards any Serb or Muslim that I have and may meet in the future. Sure horrible things happened during the war but I'm of the view that both Serbs and Croats should look towards the future and not continually be caught up in arguing, fighting, name-calling between each other etc. No Croat nor Serb individual should be prejudiced against for the wrong actions of various peoples during the last 100 years. I will be the first to admit that the actions of Ante Pavelic and elements of the Ustase were wrong and should not be boasted about. Cardinal Stepinac said that Croatia should be ashamed about various events during WW2. The majority of Croats who participated in WW2 and the homeland war were just wanting of Croatian independence and the right for her to be free and fought in a fair manner but were caught up amongst all the fighting and bloodshed. Of course I fully advocate for Croatia's right for freedom & independence during the last century but also recognise certain individuals have not fought in a clean and fair manner. I'm all for the truth and for example think Ante Gotovina should have all charges dropped against him for quite clearly it can be seen that he is innocent. I say to any Serb or Muslim sorry for the crimes that have been brought against you, however great or small. We don't need to be continually fighting and bickering let's move forward and look to the future as independent nations. I love Croatia dearly but let us humble ourselves and resolve our differences and not wait for one to apologise to the other. Peace to you all:)

2. whitestones

whitestones New Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Toronto
    you know whats interesting that i found living in canada, the people who are of croatian background but were born in canada and were not directly influenced by war itself are the most patriotic ones and hate bosnians and serbs, I on the other hand lived in pakrac, and had to move as soon as the war started , I have no ill feelings towards serbs. I wonder why there are such differences?

3. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Croats don't feel hatred against Muslims or Serbs, because Croats won the war.:) Defeated countries do not accept new history. They decline today contemporary independent literature about this war. They decline whole Croatian history, even though western experts investigated every historic aspect. Foreign internet sources about Croatia, Serbia and Muslims of Bosnia and Herzegovina are truthful. I checked these sources.:) Because of this we can find angry thoughts and words against Croats, who won in extraordinary military operations: Storm and Flash.

Storm: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Storm
    Flash: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Flash

These operations were the perfect example of proper military operations which resulted with total Croatian victory against aggressors..:)

"Qui audet adipiscitur" - "Who Dares, Wins"

4. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Many of Croatian diaspora members lost members of their families in the World War I and World War II. Nobody was responsible for these killings of Croats, that's why they still feel the bad taste. People who haven't lost anyone, they mostly don't have problems with Serbs, Muslims or Yugoslav communists. But people who lost someone, they have desire for justice, truth, graveyards for their ancestors, punishment for responsible people. Croats were declined after World War II until 1990.:rolleyes:

5. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Hello friends...

1) Which part of BigSOCCER are you not understanding?

2) There is a NonSoccerRelated forum on BS.com. There's even an international flame war forum I think somewhere. Please make sue of those for political/ethnic/historical posts like these.

regards,
    your mod