No longer a Barça lounger: Sergiño Dest at PSV (olf FC Barcelona)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by ChuckMe92, Oct 24, 2016.

1. golazo68

golazo68 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 21, 2004
    Brazil
    If/when Barcelona sells Dest, they go on my sh*tlist and I root hard against them.
    They haven't treated him fairly.

They also don't have Messi anymore.

They are incoherent team. And Barcelona fans are spoiled types anyway.

Terrible management still.

Who cares about all their 4 letter young guys? This team will take forever to get
    near past great Barcelona teams.

I'll only change my stance if..........they sign another Yank (and treat him right) :)

Go RM!

RossD and adi21 repped this.
  2. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    He'd be a very reasonable stop-gap. And in some ways, shipping him off to get seasoning while hope Alves holds on long enough to right the ship is not crazy on either side. But longer term it makes less sense - for Dest, Chelsea or Barca. I have no doubt Dest thinks he can win the #1 permanently, but Barca will also have to replace him soon enough, one way or another.

3. lmorin

lmorin Member+

Mar 29, 2000
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tapping up is probably defined something like " having direct contact with a player currently registered to another team." That leave a lot open to abuse or normal, depending on your perspective. Contact with player would be a no-no, but contact with the player's agent might be ok??? If everything is secret, there likely will be many violations.

KenC repped this.
  4. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Bottom of the pack"

ChrisSSBB repped this.
  5. RossD

RossD Member+

Aug 17, 2013
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Barcelona is a disaster right now. No Messi and a ton of debt. Don't see this ship getting righted any time soon.

6. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seems that way... but despite all the negativity about their season and the stifling debt they are in... the team is only two points below 3rd place (one behind Betis in Goal Diff). If I were running Barca I would be looking to loan or sell Dest because they have a couple of other players that can play RB. Then I would look to flip that money to bring in someone on the wings that can score/create chances. Counter to what has been written and said by many on this forum... I still think Dest is their best RB... but he is worth more than any of the others they have at that position. I like the idea of a loan to Chelsea. But I think a loan/move to BVB or Bayern would be the most ideal.

CyphaPSU and Ray Shoesmith repped this.
  7. Ray Shoesmith

Ray Shoesmith Member+

Valencia
    United States
    Nov 14, 2021
    Barca’s money guy seems very shrewd. Laporta blusters, but that guy is making the moves. The Des move makes sense for them.

8. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have the sads when I read about his agent telling reporters that he is happy at Barca and it is unlikely he will move. :(

But, then I also wonder if its a bargaining chip to eventually get his client more money from a suitor.

Dizi and Winoman repped this.
  9. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    4232159.jpg

WheezingUSASupport and CyphaPSU repped this.
  10. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    My recommendation for Dest is go to Chelsea where you will quickly learn how to play. Barcelona was a heavily calcified team which worked because Messi.

With Messi gone they are at wit's end. Xavi wants to proceed by having a known quantity at right back as player/coach and that is fine and good. It's all understandable.

Best thing is to go with the flow (take Chelsea loan/buy option) because there is a lot of visibility for everybody.

11. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    Chelsea would be fine as a 6 month loan, but I wouldn't recommend going for longer than that.

Dizi and CyphaPSU repped this.
  12. Shaster

Shaster Member+

Apr 13, 1999
    El Cerrito, CA, USA
    Or PSG. He seems like Messi.

13. el floppo

el floppo Member

NY RB
    United States
    Dec 7, 2021
    NYC LES Evil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    anybody with a guess about today? dress? play?

14. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Dest is in the squad, but it doesn’t seem likely that he will start.

glutton4Bolts repped this.
  15. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    #8115 freisland, Jan 20, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
    Dest is young, Alves is old. I don't think sitting a half a season behind Alves and fluffing up your big ball of knowledge will hurt any. If he's not getting any minutes at all, or Barca brings in a clear replacement, different story maybe, but watching Alves play, and coming in for him when his old wheels lose their tread isn't the end of the world at this stage in Dest's career.

Also, see the Barca reaction to Dembele. Any agent worth his micro-doses is saying his Barca starlet want's to remain a Barca starlet.

russ repped this.
  16. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A start would shock me. My main question is whether he will even see the pitch as a sub.?.?

17. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Will depend on the score. I would imagine Xavi will want to reduce Alves' minutes as much as possible while getting results. If Barca are well up (or need a goal and Alves looks gassed) Dest is possible/likely to play.

TimB4Last repped this.
  18. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Yes, unless we’re firmly in ‘protect the merchandise’ mode, with transfer talks ongoing.

19. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Doubt it. No sense putting him on the bench unless you're willing to use him, but who knows.

20. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001

21. laxcoach

laxcoach Member+

United States
    Jul 29, 2017
    intermountain west
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been wanting a change for CP if for no other reason I am not a Chelsea fan, now I might have to keep watching them even if CP moves on...

Winoman and russ repped this.
  22. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well from the video Barca posted on twitter of the locker room, it appears Sergino will be in uniform at least

23. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    The least it is. On the bench.

24. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team: