No longer a Barça lounger: Sergiño Dest at PSV (olf FC Barcelona)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by ChuckMe92, Oct 24, 2016.

1. ChambersWI

ChambersWI Member+

Nov 10, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Doest help that Messi has been fed up with the team for awhile and I think its quite clear he doesn't care right now based on how the team is built

Jazzy Altidore repped this.
  2. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree that he just seems to not give a damn this year. But it’s sad to see his career ending this way.

ShortyMac repped this.
  3. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    La Liga is not the Bundesliga. Only the bottom 5 or 6 teams are comparatively weak. I'd say it's the top league with the strongest bottom teams.

The Irish Rover and Sufjan Guzan repped this.
  4. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    He took the braver and therefore riskier option. It didn't come off, but he'll learn from it. As Cruyff used to say, "I'll fail with my own ideas, not with somebody else's."

5. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    The story of Barcelona's recruitment under Abidal and the departed president.

6. ChambersWI

ChambersWI Member+

Nov 10, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    This too. Messi was the final straw that got the change to happen, but Barca under the now past regime saw their transfer business fail and also saw La Masia crumble too. Barca could always get the players they wanted but there was a method to signings.

As for Dest, most seem to feel he should be the starting RB.

Dizi repped this.
  7. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    barca all look like isco at the world cup - running beautifully around the top of the box and trying a lot of cool stuff that the defenders are waiting for.

8. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Starts @ RB, Alba at LB, in Barcelona's CL match today v Dynamo Kyiv.

Centennial and Winoman repped this.
  9. derek750

derek750 Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. Tmagic77

Tmagic77 Member+

Feb 10, 2003
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Dest overdribbles and loses the ball. Gets beat for pace on the turnover and commits a tactical foul.

11. Tmagic77

Tmagic77 Member+

Feb 10, 2003
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Kiev creating some danger down Dest's side.

12. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice near-assist:

1324081456038240263 is not a valid tweet id

13. Tmagic77

Tmagic77 Member+

Feb 10, 2003
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    That's a great ball. I missed that one early refilling my coffee. Very like Gio's assist a couple games ago.

14. Tmagic77

Tmagic77 Member+

Feb 10, 2003
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Fairly quiet half for Dest. Most Barca attacks are through the middle or left. Rodrigues has gotten the better of Dest once or twice but he's mostly recovered well. I think he's committed 2 fouls as well.

15. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the TUDN announcers said Dest hasn't had a great game. But I'm not super comfortable in Spanish.

16. Tmagic77

Tmagic77 Member+

Feb 10, 2003
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    He was one of the weaker players in the first half. Not a howler, but a not great.

Ter Stegen having a wonderful game. Kiev should have a couple.

Barca really need a 9 and a CB. They're weird team at the moment.

17. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Barca cannot play consistently they beat Juve easily but struggle with the easier teams. Dest was so-so not much involved. Each time he gets the ball Massi wants it. Dest needs to come out of his shell. He plays differently with us and Ajax.

18. Tmagic77

Tmagic77 Member+

Feb 10, 2003
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Yes, not too involved. I think some of that is him being timid and some of it was Barca being more comfortable attacking down the left with Alba. He was a mixed bag when they did go through him, but I imagine that'll improve over time. His pass-and-move didn't seem in sync with the rest of the team.

19. sXeWesley

sXeWesley Member+

Jun 18, 2007
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought he was excellent defensively yet again, where he looks much more comfortable on the right than the left. Barring the one terrible sequence where he turned it over and then fouled his man he was very good. He was often the only other player defending besides Pique and was put in 2 v 1 situations on numerous occasions where he acquitted himself well.

Gacm32, adi21, Winoman and 1 other person repped this.
  20. YankatOxford

YankatOxford Member+

Oct 15, 2007
    Courtesy of Brian Sciaretta's twitter feed Dest's stats for the match:

Namdynamo, ShortyMac, mace and 10 others repped this.
  21. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
  22. NietzscheIsDead

NietzscheIsDead Member+

NO WAR
    United States
    May 31, 2019
    NO WAR
    Teams who underperform against subpar teams have a culture that lacks leadership. It’s probably Messi, who often looks like he’d rather be on a boat.

23. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Come on Leo is great. I dont have issue with him and he makes those around him better. Problem with them is they are throwing him at striker and it was stupid not to go out and get one once they lost the biter.

24. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not always.If you feed the superstar all the time pretty soon the rest of the team is not going to perform because they always been waiting for the superstar to bail them out.

25. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't really understand the stats listed. His two key passes were both crosses and both should be considered chances. They were pinpoint cutback passes that each were one-timed... one hit the crossbar and bounced straight down onto the goal line and out and the other wasn't struck as well and went right at the keeper. He could have easily had two assists in this one. Seems like those two passes should result in:

2 key passes
    2 chances created
    3/4 on crosses

At any rate... since being with Barca all of the good crosses he has made from the end line have been on the ground and I am not sure he has had one in the air that has been very good. He really needs to work on his crosses in the air. They never seem to find a target and they don't have a ton of whip.... even when coming from the right side.

Also... I thought moving to Barca would mean that he would be able to get forward more often but the CBs are getting beaten a lot and Dest is hanging back just as much as he did with AJAX. Case in point... when the ball is going down the left side near the endline he always positions himself near the top corner of the 18... why can't he ever go to the far post? It seems like that spot is open an awful lot. Must be by design so he can get back and cover on D.

KenC and Gacm32 repped this.