Red Sox

Discussion in 'Chelsea Off Topic Threads' started by Rman3349, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Rman3349

Rman3349 Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Oct 31, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Well as the title implies the red sox won the world series !!!! Although I was stuck in a hotel in North Carolina last night to watch it it was still awesome. I know there are a lot of Boston fans around here so lets hear it boys!

2. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Growing up as a kid, hearing/watching the horror it was to be a Sox fan, who could have imagined, 2 in 4 years? Thanks John Henry and Theo for building a champion.

3. Rman3349

Rman3349 Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Oct 31, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Amen dude. Also, thanks to Francona. Although some of his decisions are unimaginable and indefensible, he obviously knows how to do his job so hats off!

4. Rman3349

Rman3349 Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Oct 31, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    As a side note this has got to be hands down the best sports weekend of my life.

Red Sox win it all!!
    Chelsea Beat Man City 6-0
    Patriots demolish Washington 52-7
    BC Wins again in thrilling comeback 14-10
    I get to see my sister run well at ACC Cross Country Championships

5. j.fisher

j.fisher So Much Better

May 3, 2007
    Winston Salem, NC
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Couldn't be happier.

6. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I hate Boston, I hate the Red Sox...sorry boys. Boston, in my unhumble and usually uneducated opinion, is the most overrated sports city in the country.

Case in point, about 10 years ago I spent a lot of time in Boston. It was very easy to get Red Sox tickets then, good ones too. Red Sox Nation can thank the media for hyping it up so much. Red Sox were always loved, now they're the most bandwagoned team in all of sports.

Bruins owned Boston, now they have trouble getting 10,000 for a good team. Granted Alberts is an ass-clown but still...the Bruins (and Orr) were Boston.

The Celtics, like the Bruins, were kings. They were the Yankees of basketball until very recently. Last year Boston "fans" wanted them to lose on purpose. No real fan, especially not one of a team with such history as the Celtics, want them to lose on purpose. I was never so happy as when the got the #5 pick. Serves them right. However then Ainge somehow pulls of the KG trade and now there's Celtic fans all over again.

Finally, the Patriots the team for almost their entire existence Boston did not care about. They play in a stadium in the middle of nowhere and usually to lackluster crowds. Then by luck Bledsoe gets hurt and God starts playing QB for the Pats. Now the Patriots are one of the toasts of Boston.

In short, Boston is full of weak fans who only follow their team when they win. Even shorter, I am convinced that Boston did not support the Revolution until it was obvious that the Americans were going to win...then they think they can throw some tea into a harbor, blame it on the minorities and everything will be ok. Weak Boston, weak. You should have just blamed the Stamp Act on the blacks while you were at it.

I hope all of you Boston fans take this in jest...somewhat. Then I hope Boston falls in the ocean and takes all this sissy fairy, tree hugging college kids that live there too with it.

Oh and the Red Sox win this year was the second greatest comeback I've ever seen in baseball....after the 2004 Red Sox. Now go suck it Sox I wish all of your floats crashed into the Big Dig and you died.

7. Rman3349

Rman3349 Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Oct 31, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    1. As a student at a liberal arts college in Boston, I have to agree that there are way to many goddamn hippies here. I'm an engineer so I get away from it a little but god damn.

2. Boston is not a racist city. Total myth

3. It's the best sports city in the world. Your jealousy feels good.

8. sanariot

sanariot Member

Nov 19, 2001
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    F Boston and F the Red Sox.

BTW, Where did all these Pats fans come from lately? Ten years ago there weren't so many.

9. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Replace so many with any and you've hit the nail on the head.

10. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Says the fan from NYC :rolleyes:

11. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Hippies suck. Tree hugging liberals suck. (And I am teacher, go figure!)

Stop smoking everything the hippies give you.

Damn right I am jealous. I am 29 years old...spent pretty much the first 26 years of my life in Philadelphia, where I grew up, and STILL have never seen my team win it all. Hell, my teams have only gone to the championship game/series 3 times in my lifetime that I can remember. Sad. Still the fact remains that Boston is a huge steaming shit hole filled with pretentious Goo Will Hunting wanna be's...and the Mark Wahlberg. And Bill Simmons' lame ass can suck it.

12. TerminalVertigo

Oct 18, 2004
    Ottawa Ontario
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    i watched the 92 or 93 world series when Toronto beat the Phillies.

Can't say i felt bad about it, as I figured the only Phillies fan was Cory Matthews from the tv show boy meets world.

13. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Was that show on then? The only thing I know Cory Matthews for is being Kevin Arnold's younger brother in real life.

That show was set in my hood...litterally. Not just the Philadelphia but my actual suburb town/area. It's the same area as the FOX show "Till Death" that's on now.