Red Sox Local TV Ratings

Discussion in 'Business and Media' started by Andy_B, Oct 23, 2004.

1. Andy_B

Andy_B Member+

Feb 2, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is just mind boggling stuff for the local numbers.

The Red Sox Yankees game seven drew a rating (not share, but rating) of a 56.6.

No that is not a typo. 56.6. It even beat both recent Patriots Super Bowl victories by a handful of points.

Nationally the game drew a 19.4, the highest rated LCS baseball game since 1991, and the highest ALCS since 1986 (when the Red Sox - Angels series was on I think)

Andy

2. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's amazing. you should also see the Sox ratings for regular season games. I think they are about 12-15 times higher than the Celtics ratings.

3. Andy_B

Andy_B Member+

Feb 2, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Boston used to be a great sports town.

Now is has become an uber Red Sox and Patriots town and most everything else is niche, including regular season Celtics and Bruins, and some of the Celtics playoff games.

Many of us lament how low in the pecking order the Revs are, but in reality, they are lumped into the same niche group now that the Celts and Bruins have falled into.

While the Revs may be less popular than the Bruins and Celtics, the difference between the Revs and the Celts/Bruins is in the noise compared with the difference of all three as compared to the Red Sox/Pats.

Andy

4. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I'm afraid to hear the attendance from tonight's game. Unless they show the World Series on the scoreboard, Gillette could be a mausoleum tonight.

5. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    only a little over 5k.

6. Khansingh

Khansingh New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    The Luton Palace
    Not bad, considering.

7. mpruitt

mpruitt Member

Feb 11, 2002
    E. Somerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Yeah those people who went to the game must really love their soccer. Because as much as I'm a Revs fan you couldn't have paid me enough to miss the Sox game last night. Almost made me think there's some creedance to calling soccer a 'commie' sport... :)