Red Hot Akide

Discussion in 'US Women's Lower Divisions' started by DennisM, Aug 1, 2003.

1. El Gato

El Gato Moderator

Mar 29, 2000
    Midwest
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    she noted that national team captain Florence Omagbemi and her spoke to NFA Secretary General Taiwo Ogunjobi, on the need to embark on a training programme prior to World Cup finals. "Flo and I spoke to the SG and stressed the importance of a playing tour before the competition. There is no time for any resting. We want to take this form into our friendly games and from there to the World Cup."

I would think less than two months before the start of the World Cup Nigeria would have had some sort of plan already in place. Are they just going to meet in the parking lot of the first game and say "Let's go out and win"?

Without a coaching staff and administration that has an idea of what is needed to be a power, the Nigerian side will never meet the expectations they were destined to meet just a cople of years ago.

2. DennisM

DennisM Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Nya Sverige
    They had several friendlies lined up. Players are also playing in Europe. A couple are playing in China are didn't leave until June, I think. But I think they are back. Players all over the place. However, they have to train together.