Red Dead Redemption

Discussion in 'Video and Computer Games' started by FIFARay007, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I loved this game to begin with, but I haven't played it for weeks. I did a fair few missions in Mexico and haven't been back. To be honest it's suffers a bit from the same issues (for me) that GTA4 had, it all gets a bit samey, although GTA4 has the much better hook with vehicles over the horse, and the superb multiplayer. I've still got copies of Assassins Creed 2 and Mario Galaxy 2 unopened (been busy) so I'm thinking of starting one of them instead of completing RDR.:(

2. fischerw

fischerw Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    Joplin, MO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Personally, for me the main storyline remained pretty interesting. I really like the Mexico missions especially (although I study Latin American history so I had some fun pretending that I was Pancho Villa or something). The fourth act is a little strange, though-- but personally I thought that the very end of the storyline was really well done.

As for the Liars and Cheats pack-- does this apply to Multiplayer only, or does it include new single player adventures?

3. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Considering that I'm now doing the Blackwater missions, I fear that I'm near the end of the single-player campaign. :(

It appears that the Liars and Cheats pack applies mainly to Multiplayer. You can find out more about the pack here and here.

However, the next scheduled pack (the Undead Nightmare pack), which will likely be available by late October, will include a new single-player adventure. :cool:

-G

4. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. KDdidit

KDdidit Member

Apr 15, 2001
    The Brookfield Zoo
    Funny reading the opinions on this vs. the other GTA games. Personally, I thought 3 and 4 were groundbreaking, but neither were fun enough for me to finish. Now Vice City and San Andreas I finished to 100% and I'm on my way to doing the same with RDR. I think the biggest difference to me is that Liberty City just wasn't a fun environment, while VC, SA, and New Austin are.

7. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do the Red Dead games (Revolver and Redemption) take place in the same world as the GTA games but just a century or so earlier, or do they take place in two completely separate universes? :confused:

-G

8. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm a little late to the party but I love this game. Just picked it up a week or so ago and have already played it way too much. I never really liked westerns and bought this late since I had doubts that Grand Theft Horses could be fun. Totally wrong as it turns out since so far I actually like this game more than the last GTA, Saints Row, etc. Anyone know if they plan to do a sequel? I assume so but I haven't heard of anything other than the DLCs.

How are/did you guys play the single player part? I've been trying to be a good boy so far and am close to max honor but I admit that slipping on the bandanna and taking out town after town is making me reconsider my approach. It seems like the story missions are too scripted to allow you to really follow a dark path overall though.

10. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's good to know that I'm not the only one here still enjoying this game. :)

-G

11. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Coming on Tuesday, 10/26/10:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lva41WyCfPw&feature=player_embedded]Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare Official TV Commercial[/ame]

-G

12. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Undead Nightmare Pack is now available for download.

-G

13. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A game has certainly made it if it appears in a question (or rather, an answer) on Jeapordy. :D

[​IMG]

-G

14. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I've been bullshitting with this game... I bought it, played like crazy for like 4 days and then didn't touch it again until 2 nights ago. I JUST got into Mexico and I'm making my way around there.

15. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since getting the game in June, I've played quite a bit of it most of the time but have had some periods in which I'd been so busy in real-life that I didn't have time to touch my console at all. That probably explains why only after all this time have I finally completed the single-player campaign yesterday. :cool:

And what an ending it was! :eek:

In any case, I'll now try to complete the other side-tasks and achievements in the game that I hadn't already completed, start the single-player campaign in the game's DLC Undead Nightmare, and get more into the game's multiplayer. :)

-G

16. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I hear you dude... I can't play when my little ones are around, and staying up late is f*cking with my attitude during the day LOL

17. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just started the Undead Nightmare single-player campaign and it seems to take place in an alternate timeline rather than fitting within the regular game's single-player campaign, though some players have hinted that there may be a way that it fits in after all.

I suppose I'll have to finish it to know for sure either way. :)

-G

18. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congratulations to Red Dead Redemption for winning the following categories at the 2010 Spike Video Game Awards on Saturday, December 11th:

• Game of the Year
    • Best Original Score
    • Best Song in a Game ("Far Away" by José González)
    • Best DLC (Undead Nightmare)

The game was also nominated for the following categories:

• Studio of the Year (Rockstar San Diego)
    • Character of the Year (John Marston)
    • Best PS3 Game
    • Best Action Adventure Game
    • Best Graphics
    • Best Best Performance by a Human Male (Rob Wiethoff as John Marston)

-G

19. minorthreat

minorthreat Member

Jan 1, 2001
    NYC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    God, I want a PC port of this game to happen so badly.

20. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has there been any word on whether that'll finally happen? :confused:

-G

21. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. minorthreat

minorthreat Member

Jan 1, 2001
    NYC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
  24. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To be honest, I hadn't even heard of Bayonetta before reading that article. :eek:

Hopefully it'll come soon.

-G

25. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reportedly, the previously pre-order only items (Deadly Assassin Outfit, Golden Guns Weapon Pack and War Horse) will finally be made available for download via Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network this April. :cool:

Rockstar Games apparently wanted to release those items as DLC's sooner but had run into some technical issues that delayed their release.

-G