News: Red Bulls/Pumas 2/23, Chase Field

Discussion in 'Phoenix' started by kenntomasch, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Killersheep

Killersheep Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you want to see a winners, (LA & Real Salt Lake), then I would head down to Tucson. The only reason I'm annoyed about this is...

1. I had an ad place on my windshield wiper during the USMNT game. Yes, this would be the wiper that's attached to the truck with a 'DOOP' license plate and a Philadelphia Union decal on the back windshield.
    2. They make there huge plans for the Desert Cup but then decided, "Oh after the first day of the Desert Cup, we're going to drive up to Phoenix to play a friendly against Pumas in Chase Field. So there laying down there own money to put a soccer field down (when they could just use the University of PHX stadium.) So its almost a guarantee with the advertising there running that Henry, Agudelo, and a Mexican player who can't get past the Round of 16 are going to be playing in this game. That means Tucson we'll likely have to wait till week 2 to see any of them in action.
    Just more surprised that there going to play three games in four days. And a reminder that the Red Bulls have been playing for 16 YEARS and have NO CUPS.

3. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Might not see Henry. His loan deal is through 2/16, with another 10 day option. But he's picked up a calf injury in training.

And, no, they couldn't have just used UPHX Stadium because it's booked that night.

4. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah, ok.

5. Killersheep

Killersheep Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agudelo was on a crutch at the USMNT game, haven't heard anything about it though, I know it's a month away, but I don't know how serious his injury is.

6. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. Killersheep

Killersheep Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got my tickets, no excuses. I must support soccer in Arizona!

8. 760Epicenter

760Epicenter Member

Apr 15, 2008
    Level 1
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    good man! i'd go, but i work swing shift, and just started....