Red Bulls in 2019 Concacaf Champions League [R]

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by EvanJ, Dec 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dyvel

Dyvel Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    The dog end of a day gone by
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I watched on Yahoo as well using Apple TV. Worked great.
    Frustrating result. RB can't score in big games.

2. miggly

miggly Member

Jan 25, 2000
    NYC
    They scored two nice goals. Royer has to finish his chance off the BWP blocked shot. Lade skying his shot too -- well, I guess that one is expected. I'd rather give minutes to kids than Lade/Muyl this season.

3. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, Lade should not be allowed to shoot on goal IMHO. I've seen some god awful misses over the year. I just watched the Real-Ajax match and let's just say that one of Ajax's kids showed what Lade needs to learn... but sadly I think it's too late for Connor to do so. He's a OK as B-team cover I guess. Muyl I'm less certain about, partly because he's had fewer years to prove his ultimate worth. I'm willing to give him more chances than Lade at this point

4. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Independent Republic of the Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Typical Red Bull in a big game! So sick of the choking and misses. But just saw Man U comeback to win against PSG and RBNY is much closer to Santos, so you never know.

NorthBank repped this.
  5. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know I was going to say the same exact thing. Actually I was going to be much more obtuse about it so as not incur the wrath of the spoiler police. ;)

6. Night shift

Night shift Member

NY Redbulls
    United States
    Mar 23, 2015
    sec 201
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with this. I’ll also add the Ajax win as well. I’m not sure but does anyone know if, since Murillo is returning to the lineup, can Duncan play instead of Lade? Or is he always on the right? Lade adds nothing to this team other than a body. Obviously would love it if Lawrence came back

7. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Very few American teams go to Mexico and have success, but at least there is hope. Creating chances is not the key, finishing them is.

8. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #33 NorthBank, Mar 12, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    Tonight's match is 9:00pm on Sport.Yahoo.com (english) & Galavision (espanol).

Hmm, no-one listed in the "Injury Update" tab. But there must be people still out, right? Shoot, 3 weeks ago we had 4 guys listed with knee injuries: Meara (who was having meniscus surgery), Kemar, Valot & Bezencourt.

Edit at KO: Surprise surprise... both Meara & Valot are on the bench, but not Kemar. And Lade is still in the XI. :(

9. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    4' Fernandez makes it 1-0! Great start. And the kid totally justifies his inclusion in the XI.

Edit: Make that 2-0 at 9'!!! Royer. Now the tie begins in earnest. :D

10. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    This phucking team is intent on killing me. I swear!!

11. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Why not Duncan over Lade btw?

12. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Crazy good first 10 mins, then we took our foot off the gas and let them have some chances. Good ones too. Dangerous strategy on our part. We should go for it!

13. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yahoo streaming worked well in fullscreen up until about 40' then it froze, and keeps freezing every time I restart and go into fullscreen, and as soon as the control bar at bottom fades away it freezes. Smallscreen works fine without any hiccups so I'll stick with that for all of 2T I guess.

Anyone else had similar or different results with their yahoo stream?

14. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    76' and it's now 2-2 on the night. Our defense just wasn't strong enough. And Santos is clearly just a better team than we are. It's all over except the shouting?

Edit: 80' now it's 4-2 and 6-2 on AGG! We really capitulated BIG TIME after a truly stellar start. WTF.

15. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    BWP went missing again. Him and Kaku keep going missing in big cup ties.

16. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you look at the margin of defeat and then goals scored, we did better in Mexico (loss by 2 with 2 scored) than at home (loss by 2 with no goals). Leading 2-0 provided hope, but before the game wouldn't you have been okay with a 4-2 loss?

Woodrow repped this.
  17. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No! Why would one ever be OK with a 4-2 loss???

18. Night shift

Night shift Member

NY Redbulls
    United States
    Mar 23, 2015
    sec 201
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welp, that’s that. BWP choked again in a big spot but will be there during the regular season. That’s his MO. Lade is simply not good enough at this level. Just hustle nothing else. We need a legit 3rd DP that can turn a game. I don’t mind Jorgensen because we need to prepare life without BWP anyway. I don’t think Armas is the right coach but that’s just me. See ya Saturday

Deadtigers repped this.
  19. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    If they had scored a third, maybe then Armas can substitute appropriately and they at least come a lot closer, but evening the series with 80 minutes to play against a tough opponent was not a recipe for success. I was just listening to the game and it was almost all Santos in the 2nd half. That they ended up conceding four is largely irrelevant to me, once they had conceded one, they were forced to play a much more open game and Santos was bound to score more.

20. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't be okay with a 4-2 loss in MLS, but in Mexico against a club who won their last home game 5-0, it was okay, not to mention that we would have been eliminated with a win by 1. You're an Arsenal fan. Don't you think clubs can go to Arsenal, play their best, and lose 4-2? Can Arsenal play their best and lose a Champions League game at Barcelona 4-2? I'm not saying we played our best, but the second leg score wasn't embarrassing.

21. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm generally happy with our wins. Occasionally I'm content with a draw. But i'm never OK with a loss, especially if we leak 4 goals, even if it's at Camp Nou.