Red Bull Leipzig vs Paderborn - 6/6/20 - Adams starts

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by Casper, Jun 6, 2020.

1. FirstStar

FirstStar Hustlin' for the USA

Fulham Football Club
    Feb 1, 2005
    Time's Arrow
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, Tyler puts in a great cross on the break- CB lunges and barely pushes the ball out- it was going to put Timo on a platter- high probability of a goal if that ball gets through. So close.

2. FirstStar

Fulham Football Club
    Feb 1, 2005
    Time's Arrow
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice shirt pull there. Werner pulled down from behind- another YC for PB.

3. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    yeah, I had no idea 'petulance' was a capital punishment offense. Geez, I wish everyone wasn't such a touchy candy ass these days. The social engineering campaigns of the last twenty years have strangled the fun out of life.

4. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    Did you hear Naggs in the background:

"Ty-Ler Go Higher, Go Higher, Tyler" . To be fair, that back pass from the defender was fortuitous.

5. FirstStar

Fulham Football Club
    Feb 1, 2005
    Time's Arrow
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow. Tyler super lucky to not be called for a pk there.

6. largegarlic

largegarlic Member+

Jul 2, 2007
    That was dicey. Adams was really close to giving up a PK. Looks like he ended up doing enough to throw the opposing striker off balance without being judged to have fouled him.

7. KALM

KALM Member+

Oct 6, 2006
    Boston/Providence
    Didn't look like a PK to me on the replay.

jnielsen and largegarlic repped this.
  8. yurch10

yurch10 Member+

Feb 13, 2004
    And PB gets a point because of a ridiculous red card. pathetic.

9. largegarlic

largegarlic Member+

Jul 2, 2007
    Ugh...late equalizer from Paderborn. Some Leipzig defender didn't push up and kept the scorer onside, and the keeper could have done better on the initial shot. Adams not really involved/at fault.

10. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I think the ref had his fill of cheap-shot football. Whatever happened to Konate anyway? He was 10x better than Umpecano.

11. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    That's the kind of play we can see from Tyler if they get back into that rb / dmid/dmid formation they use with Adams-Laimer-Sabitzer (with Kampl rotated in). Adams will not be a UCL dedicated 6 but he can make quite an impression if he expands his game. We've seen Adams getting closer and closer to goal/assist down that rights side of the box. Mukeilele isn't much good at rb anyway (D+/C- level).

12. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    Why? He plays that position successfully for a top BL team.

13. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Says the petulant poster carrying a semi-permanent yellow card. :p

That clown was playing with a yellow card, which required him to restrain his petulance the rest of the way.

Before he retreated, @yurch10 counted three yellow cards, knowing the first two should have been sufficient - justice was served when the second one wasn't called but the third one was.

14. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    You do realize the game is shaped by the rules. Changing the rule is an option, but until it is changed, it is the rule and I want them uniformly enforced. I don't want players slowing the game by kicking the ball away or crowding up on refs or attempting to intimidate them.

He did not get sent off for kicking the ball away. He got sent off for a second infringement of the LOTG. Personally I don't think " he already has a card" should factor into the decision at all. If it is a cardable offense then it is cardable. Intentionally delaying a restart may or may not take away an advantage, but the defenders get no say in when the restart occurs. No need to make it a judgement call.

FFS he is a GAM, I might understand the ref having a conversaton with a U little, but grown ass men acting like children need to get sent to their rooms. What is soft is not being mentally tough and remaining focused enough to realize the game state.

Dumbass had a yellow, he can't be the guy that kicks the ball and gets warned, he has already been warned to monitor his play. Is it okay to kick the ball away if a break was on? Do we need to add another judgement call to the refs already heavy workload.

These guys make millions and expecting them to act like professionals is not unreasonable. Everybody I know has to keep their temper on the job, and these "professionals should be held to at least that standard. It is called being a grown up.

I do not want players running up on the refs, players playing statue over free kicks, or kicking the ball away. On a typical foul it is not a dead ball that requires refs to get involved in the restart. The team that has the ball can restart when they want.

Can you imagine what a team that plays negative (think Concacaf minnows) would do with that rule?

15. yurch10

yurch10 Member+

Feb 13, 2004
    Yeah, I don't understand this attitude. You're probably the type of fan who didn't want to change the 18 yd extra point in football because "that's the way it has always been".

I said it's a dumb rule, and needs to change. Games are frequently ruined by a red card. I don't care about "that's the rules, follow em, you're a GROWN ASS MAN, you make millions!"

None of that matters to me. I want to watch a fun game, and games are more fun for me to watch when they are 11 v 11. I watch for my own entertainment. I don't care about who is a GROWN ASS MAN, or how much money they have, or how much money the referees have. I want to watch a game that is 11 v. 11, and thus, the most fair.

The entire system needs an update. I would institute an NHL style penalty box. 2nd yellow, go spend 15-20 minutes in the penalty box. If it was real bad, 3 game suspension after the game. Bam, easy. Done.

Many ways to fix it without completely ruining a game because some dude kicked a ball 20 feet away out of a bit of frustration. Lame.

What about CONCACAF minnows? They frequently play dirty, but get away with stuff. And no, I wouldn't want them to play with 9 or 10 players if 1 kick the ball away and has one hard challenge.

Referees always are able to use their discretion, and frequently do. Every game almost there is a foul from a player that would have been a yellow if he wasn't already on a yellow. Shoot, McKennie had that exact same thing happen. From your perspective, he should have been sent off. From your perspective, almost every game would have at least one red, and likely many more.

Just a difference of opinion. One side is "law is the law, GROWN ASS MAN", the other side just wants to be entertained, and red cards ruin that.

16. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    I would agree with disciplinary rule changes, but ... until that happens ... play by the rules that exist.

This isn't combat, this isn't MMA. Play soccer. Play physical, but play fair. If you do get a yellow card, deservedly OR NOT - I didn't see the first offense - dial it down a notch, or (realize) a second yellow might be coming. Control yourself, control your emotions.

This one wasn't even a close call, imo. The second foul itself was card-worthy, the frustrated ball-kicking as well. Can't do that.

Agree that the game was spoiled by a red card; disagree that the ref spoiled it.

Bajoro and appwrangler repped this.
  17. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    Whatever dude. Candy ass. Soft. Ref is probably a dentist who watches reruns of 2006 US world.cup.matches.

Ref interprets rules how he wishes. Hamwich then interprets the interpretation.

Permanent yellow card at this point. I'll take the red any time someone needs to social engineer some more. You pummel the Bradley's enough for squandering best in class talent and missing the world cup and apparently you receive the yellow or like Sidefootsitter you get thrown out.

TimB4Last repped this.