Red Bull Arena Thread: Now Open, It's Real and It's Spectacular

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by jamison, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Kidtelex

Kidtelex New Member

Oct 1, 2006
    Long Island
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    hopefully someone reads this before I leave my house tomorrow, but how is pricing at the bulls shop? I definitely want to buy some sort of innagural season at RBA memorabillia and definitely a new team scarf. how is the pricing? I feel like it'll be way overpriced for shirts and what not.

2. buyy

buyy New Member

Mar 21, 2010
    I don't know about the shop on the ground floor facing the public, but inside the stadium, the prices were actually reasonable. It was like 15-20$ for a logo T-shirt, and about 60-80$ for the jersey's because they had different styles.

My scarf was a ridiculous 30$ however. Drinks are also expensive, so I recommend that anyone attending drink heavily outside the stadium.

3. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I was not at the game last week so tonight was the first for myself and my son. We traveled in from CT, decided not to park in Harrison but went to Jersey City and took the Path from Journal Square, one stop to Harrison. Getting home was a breeze, we stayed the whole game and got back to home in Norwalk at exactly 10:30 which is about an hour and a half. Fantastic stadium, great atmosphere starting with fellow supportors on the trains and the quick walk from the station. Well done to the RB organization for pulling this off.

4. patrickdavila

patrickdavila Member

Jan 13, 1999
    Easton, PA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Had a great time at the game tonight. The stadium simply looks amazing!! People we need to sell that sucker out every home game and make it a fortress. The supporters section sounded awesome.

5. Lucas Marques

Lucas Marques New Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Brasília - Brasil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Santos are proud to make part of the great opening

[​IMG]

6. mangopaco

mangopaco New Member

Mar 27, 2010
    Astoria, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone else have some joint pain from stomping on the metal floor in the Upper Section?

My knee hurts this morning and I'm trying to figure out if it's age or the Arena.

7. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, but I was slapping that "clapper" thing so hard it fell apart. I have a bruise on my leg for my efforts.

8. MLS1FAN

MLS1FAN Member+

May 11, 2004
    Miami Beach,FL
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah the supporter section even sounded great on t.v. also, in the past many people would have thought that the club didn't have much of a supporter group when we were back in Giant stadium.

9. sccrhound

sccrhound Member

Oct 8, 2002
    CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

you know last night I swear the you suck.......spread beyond 101. Those clapper things might get annoying at some point, but they helped generate noise throughout the stadium.

10. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When properly used, they don't last longer than 60 minutes. Sort of like Borman. (jk)

11. Len

Len Member+

Club: Dallas Tornado
    Jan 18, 1999
    Everywhere and Nowhere.....I'm the wind, baby.
    The new stadium looked, and sounded, great out here in Direct Kickville. That is the first time I've watched more than a few minutes of a New York home game in many, many years. It's just been too painful from Giant's Stadium.

Looks like a bright future for you guys.

12. sccrhound

sccrhound Member

Oct 8, 2002
    CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or you..lol...no wait that is 60 seconds. :eek: (jk)

1 person likes this.
  13. Kidtelex

Kidtelex New Member

Oct 1, 2006
    Long Island
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    There were people in 230 doing the you suck. and it sounded like they said asshole at the end contrary to RB's request that ESC/GSS not curse. that's what it sounded like at the arena, and on tv when i rewatched it on dvr.

as far as the clappers i don't see them as annoying. it's an easy way for people to clap along with the south ward's chants. I feel like people would get tired clapping with their hands. I'd rather a loud stadium of clappers, than a quiet one. (there were some vuvuzela's in my section, though I didn't really mind them at all)

14. sccrhound

sccrhound Member

Oct 8, 2002
    CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yes everyone was doing the adult version, which I love....

15. Demosthenes

Demosthenes Member+

May 12, 2003
    Berkeley, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ESC was actually saying "you suck Dykstra."

16. sccrhound

sccrhound Member

Oct 8, 2002
    CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ok..lol...nice try

17. soccerfreak9210

Mar 19, 2007
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We actually were lol... You can hear it on tv as well (announcer even mentions it lol) ... Regardless, whichever way people were chanting, the point was still made :D

18. RBNY-QueensNYC

RBNY-QueensNYC New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Had an even better time during the Chicago game than the Santos, (maybe its because this game actually mattered), despite the cold. I met a fellow on the subway ride home who has recently moved up from Florida and he told me the following:

Well, New York is now the city where I live and the Red Bulls are the New York City team so that means I will support the Red Bulls. He then went on to tell me that he'll attend several games this year and buy an ST next season.

So it's working guys, the Arena is working its mojo. I truly feel that this would have been much more difficult last season in that hellhole.

19. Q Exp

Q Exp Member

Jul 29, 2004
  20. charlieblackmouth

Feb 8, 2009
    South Ward
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm just thinking out loud so I hope nobody gets offended. The great majority of people seem to dislike vuvuzuelas, partially because it's just an annoying sound and partially because it's an uninspired lazy way of making noise.

How does everyone feel about drums in the supporters' section? I assume everyone likes them because they're part of RBNY tradition, and they do play a role in starting the chants and providing a beat. I just wonder if they sometimes stifle singing. I'm a pretty loud obnoxious person at games, and when a drum is right by me I find myself sort of just sitting back thinking...well there's plenty of noise, I wouldn't even be heard. Maybe I'm the only one. I don't hate them or anything, but I was thinking about it

21. J.L. Rodroza

J.L. Rodroza Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bronx, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The thing is that the drums are not rhythmically combined with the singing ala Argentine/Mexican/Brazilian. It's just noise for now. I was sitting next to the Santos supporters and they pretty much have it going. It'll take time. We can't compare our chanting with clubs that are a century old.

22. bluewolverine

bluewolverine Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Congrats on the new stadium.

23. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Umm, yeah... that was the chant, "you suck D'i'ckstra".

24. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, as someone that doesn't sit in the supporters section, I can tell you that I hear more noise from singing and chanting than I do from drums.

25. gfranc79

gfranc79 Member

Dec 10, 2005
    NYC
    I was in section 219 and couldn't hear our supporters section. The Fire supporters were pretty loud and had good chants going. The flares at the end of the game was icing on the cake.