Red Bull Arena Construction Thread 8 : Enough Waiting for our Fully Operational Death Star Already

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Thomas A Fina, Feb 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mille_RULZ

Mille_RULZ New Member

Dec 1, 2006
    New JACK City, NY
    Re: Sod Problems?

and men have RUGS put on their heads all the time too.... those surely don't take root...:cool:

2. KareemSoda

KareemSoda Member

Jan 23, 2003
    Not in NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Red Bull Arena Construction Thread 8 : Enough Waiting for our Fully Operational Death Star Alrea

an option may be using the parking deck near Penn station, and then take the Path

3. Elvis Minaya

Elvis Minaya Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Valparaiso, Chile
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Re: Red Bull Arena Construction Thread 8 : Enough Waiting for our Fully Operational Death Star Alrea

Thanks, good to know that.

4. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

How do we give reputation to WCBS 880 Chopper? He's been awesome through this whole thing!

5. Kidtelex

Kidtelex New Member

Oct 1, 2006
    Long Island
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

just saw a new billboard, right before the LIE 495 exit off of the BQE there's a The Stage Is Set billboard on the right. VERY heavy traffic in that section all the time, a really good advertising spot. Though in hindsight I can't say I remember it actually saying anything about the team. just a picture of the arena, the catch phrase, and fine print that if I hadn't already known it mentioned santos and the fire matches, I probably wouldn't have been able to make it out.

6. Tifosi FC

Tifosi FC New Member

Oct 25, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Tom Kaminski is the photographer. Here is his bio

http://www.wcbs880.com/Tom-Kaminski/2432

There is a number there for traffic tips if you want to call him i guess !!

Otherwise

http://www.wcbs880.com/pages/1251312.php?

7. redmetrobullstars

Nov 13, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

damn. This stadium is top quality.

To bad i live on Long Island and will never attend a game that is a 2 hour 15 min train ride, or a 3 hour drive.

8. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Field Turf vs Natural Grass

Imagine the substantial difference in how the stadium will look once the natural grass pitch is finally installed ... it'll be like night-and-day with the Field Turf gone.

:rolleyes: :p

9. Napoli 10

Napoli 10 New Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Where do u live? Montauk?

10. Journeyman

Journeyman Member

Jul 23, 2007
    New Jersey

Man up.

11. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic

True fan :p

12. guanaco20

guanaco20 Member

Mar 6, 2008
    North Bergen
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls

Does anyone know how many seats are allocated for away supporters in the visitor's section of 220? We should expect a couple of big turn outs for away supporters this season with the inauguration of RBA. Hopefully some of the FO's of teams take initiative and attempt to collaborate with the supporter groups and create packages similar to what DC United is putting together for their "Philly Invasion". They are being ambitious and hoping to go 2k deep to Philly on April 10th. Will RBA's visitor's section be able to handle that many away supporters?

Philly, DC, and perhaps NE should have big turn outs to create that I-95 rivalry in the East Coast. Its a shame that the TFC game is a mid-week fixture or else Toronto would have brought a big group themselves. I think that away supporters will add to the atmosphere in our new mecca of American footie. Let's hope for that added spark to make 2010 a year to remember in RBA. Besides, it'll be like adding salt to their wounds when they get beat by the MetroBulls in the best soccer stadium in North America while all they have are their stage configured cookie cutter stadiums.

13. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I just noticed this too on a bus ride from NYC to Boston. Impossible to miss and a great location which will be seen by thousands of people.

14. redmetrobullstars

Nov 13, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

15 mins south east of Ronkonkama train station.

from my stop to babylon, then a direct train is an 1 hour 30. So you can imagine how long it is when their are multiple stops.

15. redmetrobullstars

Nov 13, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I know, I know. :D

16. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Red Bull Arena Construction Thread 8 : Enough Waiting for our Fully Operational Death Star Alrea

Do you ever go to NYC at all? Yankee Stadium?
    If you're already at Penn Station, it's two NJT stops further to Newark.

17. charlieblackmouth

Feb 8, 2009
    South Ward
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I remember that in the EPL, clubs are required to allocate at least 10% of their seats for traveling support and more for Cup games. If they feel that their home support won't snatch up more and the away support will, then they can obviously do more. I'm sure it's been discussed before, but any idea if MLS has any directives to clubs of how many seats to allow for traveling support? Obviously it's different in such a large country and it's not like Seattle or Toronto should allocate 10% of their seats for a faraway team like Houston or Kansas City.

18. Blue Note

Blue Note New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Pawling, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Shot of the stadium interior, with all the seats installed and the new pitch down. Looks like we're gonna be OK for this weekend.

[​IMG]

19. Elvis Minaya

Elvis Minaya Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Valparaiso, Chile
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

Great job bluenote

20. redmetrobullstars

Nov 13, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I go to nevada smiths all the time for West Ham.

I takes 1.5 hours on a direct train to Penn + $20 round trip (i think. maybe 22.50. I don't pay attention to it).

And no. Baseball sucks. If i did go, it would be a Mets game.

21. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

OK - so you are out in Ronkokoma (waitaminute - you go from Patchogue then? I'm confused.) and would pay 21.50 to go see West Ham on the telly.

Yet, for about the same amount of time difference and about the same price (admittedly, I do not know your method of transportation across the city. If cab, it's longer to RBA but cheaper, if subway it's about the same) you will not go to a live game featuring the local team? Would you go if West Ham was playing a friendly match?

So please don't give excuses about the time/distance/money and just admit that you really don't care enough about Red Bull to make the effort.

(Which is fine, judging by the attendance not many do. I didn't last year for sure. And I'll stop going real quick this year if it's more of the same. But at least be honest about it).

22. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Wait so your are too lazy to be TAKEN to the game by train????

P.S. you can sleep or even drink on said train!

22.50 is not so bad it would cost about the same driving.

And if you're already in Manhatten you may aswell spend the extra 4.50 and get the PATH to Harrison.

23. KareemSoda

KareemSoda Member

Jan 23, 2003
    Not in NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. Kidtelex

Kidtelex New Member

Oct 1, 2006
    Long Island
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

you have 30 minute more on my commute, but I think even if i had a 90 minute commute to RBA i wouldn't mind. it's not like you're doing any strenuous like driving through traffic. you're sitting on a train for an hour and then hopping on a few subways. bring some friends, or a paper, or a Sega Game Gear I dunno.. 90 minutes isn't that hard to kill.

then again, yeah it is expensive...

25. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998

redmetrobullstars

L.I.R.R. Schedule on a Saturday from Ronkonkoma to NY Penn Station. For the MLS Season Opener. Of course I picked for you the times when you should leave.

Depart Arrive Transfer Leaves Trip Duration
    3:40 PM 4:59 PM 1 hrs. 19 min. Off Peak
    4:40 PM 5:59 PM 1 hrs. 19 min. Off Peak

NJ Tranist Schedule from NY Penn Station to Newark Penn Station for that Saturday as well.

Departs Arrives
    05:01 PM - NEC 05:16 PM 15 minutes
    05:07 PM - NJCL 05:25 PM 18 minutes
    05:14 PM - NEC 05:32 PM 18 minutes
    05:53 PM - NEC 06:12 PM 19 minutes
    06:01 PM - NEC 06:19 PM 18 minutes
    06:07 PM - NJCL 06:25 PM 18 minutes
    06:14 PM - NEC 06:32 PM 18 minutes

So anyway Euro Snob. If you can make this much dedication to head over to Nevada Smith's for a West Ham Match, you can make the holy journey to Red Bull Arena and see your............ wait, you would rather watch a RBNY home match on TV at home.

On the other hand never mind, just ignore this post.