Red Bull Arena Construction Thread 8 : Enough Waiting for our Fully Operational Death Star Already

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Thomas A Fina, Feb 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jass

jass Member

Oct 12, 2006
    Club:
    Parana Curitiba
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Re: Red Bull Arena Construction Thread 8 : Enough Waiting for our Fully Operational Death Star Alrea

Have you seen how the philly preseason is going? No point in wasting a mtahc on that

It is fitting that red bull be surrounded by aluminum.

1 person likes this.
  2. Chupacabra

Chupacabra Member+

Aug 2, 2004
    Westwood, NJ
    Re: Red Bull Arena Construction Thread 8 : Enough Waiting for our Fully Operational Death Star Alrea

Good idea, but in Guadalajara I have no idea how they'd keep the goats from ending up in the stew pot. Even I loves me a good bowl of birria!

3. Elvis Minaya

Elvis Minaya Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Valparaiso, Chile
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

Any know what is going on with the live webcam? All they have is a picture of both the exterior/interior of the stadium. Are they trying to surprise us?????????????????

Elvis Minaya

4. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

More like trying to prevent folks from freaking out. There are only about 10 days left before the soft opening. The snow didn't help with the final seat installation, I'm sure. But, I'm confident things will be worked out by the 20th.

5. sccrhound

sccrhound Member

Oct 8, 2002
    CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The first soft opening game of the U17/18 teams is on March 13th at 4PM.

Season ticket cards are to be mailed by the end of this week.

The gift this year is a scarf with your section number on it.

In the package will be a CD explaining how to get around, where the parking is etc.

6. jevanvoo

jevanvoo Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Manhattan
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

of course you do, you're a chupacabra!!!!! :D

1 person likes this.
  7. stanleyt

stanleyt Member

Dec 7, 1998
    Harlem, USA

[​IMG]

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!
    :D

1 person likes this.
  8. Blitzz Supporter

May 23, 2004
    Centerville

The RioT is the best stadium in MLS...for now. Red Bull Arena is looking very spectacular.

9. Elvis Minaya

Elvis Minaya Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Valparaiso, Chile
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

The best stadium for the next 18 days, aftewards, its THE ARENA in Harrison, NJ.

10. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls

Yeah, good luck with that.:D

11. viper

viper New Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Paramus, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

[​IMG]

^^^^^ Disaster.

13. Blue Note

Blue Note New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Pawling, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Not a disaster, but it ain't gonna look great on opening day. Half in great shape and the other half a patchwork, most likely. Oh well.

TFC hasn't laid their pitch yet either, though they have a longer time to get it ready with away games to start. Incidentally, looks like I owe Matrim an apology regarding the undersoil system if that is the culprit, but I was only going on what I was told, admittedly not by anyone involved in groundskeeping.

14. simont

simont Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

get this fixd now red Bulls if some bodey forgot to tern the heating on for one side of the grass then that parson shold be cand.

15. Kidtelex

Kidtelex New Member

Oct 1, 2006
    Long Island
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

what happened? well atleast there's a brand new bright 360 lcd screen to distract us...

16. Chupacabra

Chupacabra Member+

Aug 2, 2004
    Westwood, NJ

I don't know if I'd panic just yet. Are there any details or backstory info other than "disaster"? It could very well just be a crappy camera phone photo taken at night with less than ideal lighting. I dumped it into my photo editor and with nothing more than simple brightness and saturation tweaks it looked like this:

[​IMG]

17. Elvis Minaya

Elvis Minaya Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Valparaiso, Chile
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

Great job Chupacabra, now we can rest in peace.

18. QrysDonnell

QrysDonnell Member

Apr 2, 2006
    New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

[​IMG][/IMG]

This picture was posted as part of a series of pictures taken by someone who drove around the stadium on Saturday. Field looks a little greener there, and if I had to choose one to use as a reference for reality I think I'll use this one... Here's a link to the page it came from.

19. QrysDonnell

QrysDonnell Member

Apr 2, 2006
    New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Umm... well, the link was posted above! Sorry for posting it again!

20. Homebrew4U

Homebrew4U New Member

Jul 25, 2009
    Eastchester, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

At first, I thought the picture in the previous posts looked like a picture way out of white balance, as Chupacabra suggested. But, on the edge of the tarp, there is a very dark area, which looks like grass, next to what then looks like, well, dirt.

Then there is this picture from tonight, which looks very much like they've completely ripped out the sod on that half of the pitch. D'oh On the bright side, they are testing the led screen tonight, it would seem. The sod will be fixed. Good thing we have an owner with deep pockets :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. Frieslander

Frieslander Member
    Staff Member

Feb 14, 2000
    North Jersey

you people are seriously nuts.

22. viper

viper New Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Paramus, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Statement from Stover on the field condition:

http://www.thevipersnest.com/2010/03/talking-turf_02.html

23. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

By portions I think he meant HALF :D;)....In any event it looks like we will have a green pitch to play on by the Santos game.

24. Blue Note

Blue Note New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Pawling, New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yes, a LARGE portion. In any case I think we'll be OK.

25. JYDA

JYDA Member

Sep 10, 2003

And the problem portion is the south end as expected. With the angle of the sun always shining slightly south to north, the roof at the south end has blocked out all sunlight to the south end of the pitch. If you've followed the webcam back in the fall you could see that the southern third of the pitch was always in a black shadow from dawn til dusk. No wonder the roots didn't take when the grass hasn't seen any light.