Red Army Supporters Group for Des Moines Menace

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by SnakeEyes, May 26, 2004.

1. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but we won't be getting freebie points from Wisconsin, they have folded :/ But yeah SF and Chicago are definately doable.

2. MenaceFanatic

MenaceFanatic New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    Here is my personal opinion as to why thier get the numbers they get. The Menace has a youth academy (www.dmmenace.com/youth/academy). The Academy players/parents have a sense of loyalty and belonging to the organization. The Academy players wear thier jerseys (matching the PDL players, for the most part) to the games, and the parents sit in the stands and watch the team that thier children will someday be the star for (in thier dreams). There is a real sense of belonging in the organization, which, I am afraid is going to be lost VERY soon with some serious changes that have occurred in the FO and some that I feel are ABOUT to occur also.

The PDL players are very good people and are very accessible. They remember the fans who come up to them after the games and tell them good job. Very cool atmosphere, not many sports groups left where you get to go onto the field after the game and talk to the players/get autographs. Come when they play the KC? Wizards this season......you will have all access to the Wiz players. Maybe you'll even get lucky like we did last year and Josh Wolff will give you his warmup?!

3. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States