Recopa VISA Sudamericana 2007 TV schedule

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by riverplate, May 30, 2007.

1. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Games on Fox Sports en Español

Times are official game starts.

Thursday, May 31
    Pachuha CF (Mexico) vs. Internacional (Brasil) at Pachuca
    10:30 PM ET / 9:30 PM CT / 7:30 PM PT live

Thursday, June 7
    Internacional (Brasil) vs. Pachuca CF (Mexico) at Porto Alegre
    8:50 PM ET / 7:50 PM CT / 5:50 PM PT live

[​IMG]

2. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It's not a big deal, but I'm just wondering: why will the matches be played so early on in the year? I remember in the last few years they were played either in July or August.

3. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Copa America maybe? I don't know.

I think it's good though. Since Libertadores and Sudamericana are not done on the same time (it should be though, IMO) and the rosters/squads can change so dramatically with players leaving, the Recopa should be played as soon as possible and have most of the players that actually won the tournament at the time.

4. parapunx

parapunx New Member

Sep 28, 2005
    Tonight for the copa libertadores semifinals is boca - cocuta , this copa libertadores game is more important than the recopa. and they are both tonight { who cares about the recopa or the sudamericana cup, in south america the only cup that matters is The Copa Libertadores}

5. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    er..., I don't debate that. Make it Friday, Satuday, Sunday or any other day for all I care. I was pointing out that the Recopa should be done earlier in the year than so late since the squads can change so dramatically.

6. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Whoa, didn't know it was gonna be played tonight. Took me by surprise... between this and Libertadores semifinals I guess I gotta buy me some botanas! :D

7. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Nah, it wasn't the Copa America: I remember Boca playing Sao Paulo last year in August. Not only that, but I went to see River-Chivas in the LA Coliseum in 2003. That was the preview match before the 2003 Recopa between Olimpia and San Lorenzo, and I remember perfectly that it was in July. :cool:

8. elciclon

elciclon New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    BOEDO
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    i dont understand why libertadores is 1-4 place of country and sudamerica 5-8. and have it like eufa. not many people care about sudamericana, and it seems to be an excuse for those teams that arent doing well that if they win it then they won something.

9. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    ummm...because that's the way it should be. How dare them try to improve the level of mid table teams by organizing a tournament! :rolleyes: Then you might as well have Libertadores run all year and not even have a Sudamericana for the mid-to-top level teams.

and even then, the Sudamericana's format is still a joke favoring the big teams.