Recommended sports bars or restaurants near HDC

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Sol' started by Tsunami, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Tsunami

Tsunami Member

Oct 16, 2000
    SD, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The thread on pre/post game meet-ups for the inaugural game made me think that we should have a dedicated thread (that could be 'stickied') about nearby sports bars or restaurants. Being from down south, I really do not know much about the area around HDC. I tried doing a Google map search and the results were mixed. The nearest sports bar was about 4 miles away. The nearest restaurant was 1.3 miles south.

I just looked into the Galaxy forum and there is a small thread on the same subject but only a couple of sports bars mentioned: Britannia and Joxer Daly's. Both are some distance from HDC (in Santa Monica and Culver City).

2. DeigoRedD

DeigoRedD Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Per Tsunami's request, thread has been stickied. If forum regulars want this changed, let me know.

3. Tsunami

Tsunami Member

Oct 16, 2000
    SD, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Closest to HDC?

Closest results of my searches:

3 J's Sports Bar & Grill is 4 miles SE
    Pokey's Sports Grill is 4.4 miles SW
    National Sports Grill & Bar is 5.2 miles SW

The South Bay Pavilion Mall is 1.3 miles south. There is a Tony Romo's and a Chili's there. A Sizzler is just across the road from there, and there is a Denny's just south.

4. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Red Car Brewery - I've never been there but I know some Galaxy fans like to go there before the game. Website here. But generally speaking, Home Depot Center's kind of isolated, which is probably the way the corporate powers-that-be like it, figuring that they have a captive audience for the concessionaires.

5. Los Angeles

Los Angeles New Member

Mar 7, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Well, it's also on the CSDH campus, which AEG leases from and has no control over.

It probably seems far away, but all the restaurants on Avalon are convenient and on your way back to the 405.
    Tony Roma's has a good bar area, or for game food there's Socal's only 5 Guys Burgers and Fries. A healthier option is Panera Bread, but healthy is not part of my vocabulary on game day.

6. JACKRABBIT

JACKRABBIT New Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Carson, Cali
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. SoCalSun

SoCalSun Member

Manchester United
    United States
    May 18, 2004
    Southern California
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Use MS Mappoint, find HDC, place a 10 mile circle around it, and stay outside the circle.

8. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Pollo Inka

9. SolAlive

SolAlive New Member

May 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anything in Santa Monica?

10. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ye Olde King's Head.I like the place.

Someone else mentioned another pub - maybe Britannia just a few blocks from King's Head. I haven't been there.

There's also Cock and Bull on Lincoln Blvd but I haven't been there in a long time.

11. derekshing

derekshing New Member

Jun 1, 2009
    The dining guide of restaurants in LA

The dining guide of restaurants in LA. Cover all restaurants in LA, with their menu and price. Best place to find famous restaurants for dinner or lunch today!s

12. Tsunami

Tsunami Member

Oct 16, 2000
    SD, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. JulesLogan

JulesLogan New Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    there were a couple viewing parties at the Fox and Hounds, usually with a few of the non-traveling LA Sol players. I'm fairly certain there was a 10% discount involved as well for Sol fans during the match...

14. hula

hula Moderator
    Staff Member

May 16, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Hi Jules Logan :D