Recommendations on Dessert cookbooks

Discussion in 'Food & Travel' started by Soccer-Six-Shooter, Oct 19, 2003.

1. Soccer-Six-Shooter

Soccer-Six-Shooter New Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Arlington, VA
    I'm just started getting into cooking and have some regular cookbooks, but can anyone recommend a decent all-aroud cookbook for desserts. You know cheap, easy and quick desserts for simpletons. Thanks.

2. Ceebs

Ceebs New Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Nigella Lawson's "How to Be a Domestic Goddess" for a dessert-centric all-around baking book. The flourless chocolate mousse cake is DIVINE, and is probably the best thing I've ever made - plus it's safe for people with wheat allergies who usually can't eat cake. Her cookies don't hold a candle to my recipe, though. :)

Also, I just picked up Nick Malgieri's "Chocolate", which as the name would suggest, is chocolate-specific.

There was a thread on this forum about six months ago on the subject of quick and easy desserts... I'll bump it for you.

3. giaguara

giaguara New Member

Oct 26, 2003
    Cork
  4. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Also very good is foodtv.com , which is the food network. If you know what you're about, this is good.

Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook is also very good. I also have a copy of "How To Cook Everything" which is great for if you ever break out of just doing desserts.