Received yellow card without explanation

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by It's called FOOTBALL, Jul 5, 2017.

1. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    Two days ago, I received a yellow card without any PM explaining why. Perhaps it was a mistake.

I believe it's in the rules that mods are required to provide an explanation to posters they infract. So perhaps mine can be rescinded based on this technicality. The card popped up out of the blue, no mod communicated anything to me regarding it.

So I'd like to know if this indeed was a mistake, or if a mod issued this to me without observing proper protocol, which should negate the card. Thanks.

2. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    It was for your way off topic contributions to
    Post in thread 'Mexico and USA National Team Talk v. Keep it friendly please =)'

Well deserved.

Consider yourself explained.

3. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    Understood. How long will I have this card for?

4. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Looks like it's scheduled to come off in october. That may have been a system thing rather than a moderator choice.

5. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    Well, if you can lessen it, I'll greatly appreciate it.

6. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess this is a good thread for my question.

I just saw the following thread where they talk about the steps and rules in the BSMX forum (players abroad).

https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/new-rules-mexicans-abroad.1192296/

Particaullary this post by @TallTowerMan

I do believe that when I was banned from the Mexican forum, steps 2 and 3 were not followed, I think 1 or 2 of my posts were deleted but then it went straight to Forum Ban, no yellow or red card.

@Estevo @...In my defense what up with that?

I mean, having to log off to read the comments about the legend Carlos Vela coming to MLS is a bit annoying.

I will appreciate the feed back, thanks.

7. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    They probably banned you because you are Mexican, yet root against Mexico. Stop rooting against your own kind, then maybe the chains come off

9. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where a person is from should not be relevant to if he or she gets an infraction, yellow card, or forum ban.

10. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is a racist statement, I hope the mods would have a better explanation than that.

I know they said trolling, it is fine if they go with that.

I am only questioning the process.

@dark knight is there some process I can follow to see if my ban did not follow normal standards for banning someone.

11. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    True, but the guy would make it a point to show that he's Mexican rooting against the Tricolor. He was proud of his Malinchism.

12. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    When was the ban given?

13. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am pretty sure It has been over 4 years.

Here is when I asked about my ban back in 2013.

https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/no-explanation-part-2.1994569/page-2#post-28974416

This is the responces I got back then, but then I read the posted warning above and the steps were never followed, I never received a red card.

The only infraction I received was because of this.

ceezmad said:
    sidspaceman said:
    Dear ceezmad,

You have received an infraction at BigSoccer.

Reason: Trolling - Basic
    -------
    If your posts keep disappearing it's because the mods thing you are trolling.

Cut it out.

-------

This infraction is worth 2 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
    [post]24408327[/post]
    Joe_Papi_Brown;24400364 said:
    Tsssss... Both teams would get trashed by Queretaro.
    .. :cool:

Yes, just like PUMAS and Monterrey!

All the best,
    BigSoccer
    oh shit! I was wondering what was going on!

I forgot things are harsher on this forum.

But Queretaro did beat Pumas 4 - 0!

And the mmls sucks.

Just cut it out.

15. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    You were told at least a 100 times to cut the trolling out and you never stopped. The fact that you only got a few warnings just shows how lenient we were with you. You were straight up a horrible troll and by going by your posts in this thread I see that nothing has changed.

It's called FOOTBALL repped this.
  16. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ya like I said nothing has changed.

17. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Again my question is the procedure aaccording to the procedures in the Mexicans abroad forum the second step was a red card, that step was not followed.

I did have my posting privileges revoked with no farther warnings from the yellow card you gave me and your trolling comment.

Also after a while not only my posting privileges in mxbs were removed, but one day I was not even allowed to view the mxbs thread, that was an upgrade on my ban again with no warning.

You are allowed to troll threads all the time, I get that being a moderator gives you that privilege.

My issue is the way the ban occurred did not follow the rules, at least as far as how they were supposed to work according to the post I quoted above.

18. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @Ismitje @Estevo @dark knight @Kaney

I all that I am asking is for reinstatement of my read privileges in the mxbs forum, I am ok if the mods do not want to reinstate my write privileges but I want to be able to read the forum with out logging out.

I think that is fair after a 4 year ban.

19. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    You should be happy that we didn't follow those rules because if we had you would of been red carded and gone from Bigsoccer. Like I said we warned you time after time and you never stopped trolling.

20. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude if its called football and mr warmth are still around there is no way I would be gone, your hate if the USA and mls just makes it look like I troll when I don't.

21. Estevo

Estevo Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    The I to the E!
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    ceezmad- you received plenty of warnings regarding your trolling in BSMX.

As far as I'm concerned nothing will change regarding your access to BSMX.

22. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ceezmad, there are plenty of people who are in good standing on the site generally, yet who have posting privileges curtailed in a forum or two. That is the situation you find yourself in as well, and given the ebb and flow of this conversation, something that will remain in place.

23. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    Mike and I agreed that Mexies and Pawnees are related, so there is no beef. Which is probably why you and him get along too.

You just trolled by saying sid hates the country he is part of, you accused him of hating himself, which he does not. Aren't you mid 30s by now, can't you grow up already.

I just wonder what event in life would cause a Mexican to feel the need to troll a Mexican section of a message board, and stay proud of such behavior years later. Beyond my comprehension, tbh. I have my theories, but this isn't the thread for that.
    Carry on...

24. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can you please point me to the official warnings that I received informing me that I was at risk of being banned from that forum.

Thank you.

25. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #25 ceezmad, Aug 22, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
    Ismitje, do you know where I can find the Terms of Service, I was reading some of the customer service threads and I found a link that is no longer valid.

I want to read more about what is considered trolling in the TOS.

My main point here is that we posters and moderators need to follow the rules posted in big soccer, if the moderators in BSMX feel that I violated them, then fine they have the right/duty to call me out and punish me accordint to the TOS and the rules that are set up.

I feel that the BSMX moderators violated some of the rules that I see posted in BS, perhaps I am missing updates.

Here is my complain again.

1. I was accused of trolling in the MX forum, Some mods warned me in the regular forums, but I only received 1 official warning (I posted that above).

Then boom a forum ban where I could not longer post in that forum, I never received a reason or a red card informing me of why I was punished, on the length of the punishment or the reason of the punishment.

It is my understanding that any yellow, red card or forum ban should be issued with a message on the reason on why the infraction was handed out (I could not find something in writing for this, so perhaps I am wrong).

2. Ok, at first the infraction seem to work as a red card infraction, where I was not allowed to post in the BSMX forum, I was able to read, rep and copy comments to reply in a different forums just like the now banned thread used to. I understand that that is not valid, that changed after I was banned.

I was ok with that, then out of the blue the banned changed or was upgraded, this was perhaps a few months after the original ban.

I again did not receive warning or explanation on why.

After a while I asked the question in this thread regarding the reason of my ban,

Estevo then commented that not communicating me was an oversight on their part.

https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/no-explanation-part-2.1994569/#post-28972941

But that is the explanation of my original ban, and no explanation on the reason on why it was escalated from no write allowed (red card) to not even being allowed to read the thread.

Why did I receive an escalated infraction for the same offense?

I am questioning if that violated the moderator standards of behaivior as seen below, yes they are old, so perhaps they have been upgraded.

https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/newly-adopted-community-forum-guidelines.288884/

https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/bigsoccer-forum-guidelines.2860/

I find it unfair that I was punished 2 times, both times with out the moderators communicating with me on the reasons on a timely matter.

Edit: according to some searches, to my best knowledge, the second/upgraded infraction occurred almost a year after the original ban.

This is the last time I was allowed to post in BSMX.

Oct 21, 2013

https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/20...-vs-new-zealand.1995508/page-28#post-28902132

This is the last time I was able to quote/read in the BSMX.

Nov 24, 2014.

https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/th...est-post-thread.1752077/page-73#post-31400289