Rebuilding the NT -2018 Qualifiers

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by b9d23m89, Jun 26, 2014.

1. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I'd consider him as a last option when saying names like Bauza, Pekerman, and Gallardo. He won a Copa America and took Chile to the final of a Confederations Cup. These aren't things you can just forget. Yes, he did pick up a polished team that Sampaoli passed onto it, but he kept the flow going. Unfortunately, it wasn't enough to qualify for them, but their problems are internal just as ours. Vidal and company not wanting to even be a part of the NT....then yes, at that point you're going to be out of a WC. But I won't judge him based only on having not qualified. Anyway, I have him as a last option and granted there's not many to choose from in South America at the moment, I'd definitely keep him in mind. Shoot, if we could choose Gareca, then that would be awesome, but I bet money he'll stay another 4 years in Peru. We need to move fast, but I doubt we will. I bet you Colombia or Chile snatches Bauza or Gallardo after the WC. At the very least Colombia will snatch Rueda. They've wanted him for a while.

All I'm saying is I don't want anyone from the campeonato nacional....no Sanguinetti's and no Almada's. I don't care if Almada wins the Libertadores. Right now we need someone who has proven longevity AND won it all. We can't make the same mistake we did with Quinteros. won 3 campeonatos with Emelec and that's it. Like I said, we need someone who's going to come here to defend their reputation and wants more. Almada and Sanguinetti (for example) aren't defending their reputation because with all due respect, they don't have one at the international level just yet. That takes more time then 1 good year. And like Ulises said....it's time to clean up the FEF and take out the wallet and pay up for someone worth it.

2. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  3. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Do you guys think that if Peru fail to qualify, Gareca will stay?

4. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I think Peru will be keeping him for a while. Regardless if they Qualify or not. Them getting 5th place was a shooker to me. I didn't think they would make it. I know Peruvians are excited and happy to have him as coach.

Villacis says that in January we will select our new coach for the Quatar World Cup. Or options are said to be Marcelo Bielsa, Gerardo Martino, Guillermo Almada, Jorge Fossati.

Villacis will be here till 2019. I cant wait til his term is up cause Micheal Deller will run for president of FEF. Then we can truly clean house and start over.

5. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    The thing about the FEF ,is that there's never a President that's neutral,they will always pull for their own territory.,Deller being from Quito and owner of Independiente,doesn't give me confidence,just look at what Luchito pulled with players from Dep Quito.Who else will be in the running for the spot.?

6. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Bielsa quit Lazio after two days. He can be a good coach but extremely unstable.

Martino is coaching Atlanta FC. I doubt he will come over here unless you show him the $$$

Almada = Quinteros 2

Fossati...haven't heard anything of him since that one time he won sudamericana with Liga

Somebody en la federación needs to do their homework and tbh I don't see a big name coming over here. It's pretty much the same bs as always, remember when we had Vizuete? Except we have Celico now.

7. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    #2457 javer, Oct 11, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    Deller owns a small team that's based in Sangolqui. That being said I don't think he's been exposed to bribes in IDV or would even be for pulling shady or greedy moves like that. If anything I think he would be the only person that would help small teams get their equal treatment as well as help them develope and get exposure. I'm talking about academies, tournaments(local & international), partnerships, sponsorships, scouts for cities like Esmeraldas, Imbambura, Manta, Loja, Ambatos etc. Every good thing he has done in IDV at FEF level at a national level. His pros go on for days vs anyone else who might possibly run.

Let compare him to Cevallos who IMO is the second best possible candidate. His team and Emelec have benefited from paying less taxes than other teams(Not sure if still true but Villacis isn't much for changing what Chiri left behind). His team has huge debts. He is part of Guayaquils political groups and is all Guayaquil and BSC. He is more likely to do this than Deller.

8. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    It doesn't matter where the candidate is from. This is the mess we (Ecuadorians) get into all the time with "this guys from la costa and this guy is from la Sierra". The truth is la costa doesn't have that many options that are better than Michel Deller. Mario Canessa is an awesome man. I watch his show "Los Comentaristas" on youtube live every morning without fail and the man knows his futbol. For the most part he's a fair man. I hear he's an option, but do I see him wanting to place himself as a candidate? Not likely. He doesn't seem like he'd be really interested, unless he's keeping it on the low-low. Other than him I am a big fan of how Nassib handles his business with Emelec- he's another VERY well grounded man in the world of futbol and business and knows a LOT about futbol. I like every coach he's chosen for Emelec besides Perrone (b/c that's was never Emelec's style of futbol) and Omar De Felipe (I know a lot of people will think I'm crazy for saying that, but I wasn't a fan of his style of playing). I think Arias is actually legit, unlike most Emelec fans. Other than Nassib and Mario Canessa, the best option would be Jose Francisco Cevallos who has proven he has the knowledge and power to turn a pebble into a mountain, BUT he's currently president of BSC and governor of Guayaquil if I'm not mistaken? So that takes him off the list. Also, would Nassib be interested in being president of the FEF? Idk...he's another person who doesn't seem like he aspires to fill that roll. Cevallos is the ONLY person I know that desires to be president of the FEF in the future, but like I said he's not an option. So that almost leaves no options in la costa.

In la Sierra, Michel Deller seems like he actually has an interest in becoming president of the FEF. The man is a hard worker and IDV is a reflection of how well he handles a business and how much he knows about futbol. IDV is an example to follow for all clubs in Ecuador because of how transparent and prosperous it has been in less than a decade. So would I have him as an option? F*ck yes! He's the best one over all the other options. He would do the FEF so good not only with the major squad, but also when it comes to youth development. We need someone like him or like Jose Francisco Cevallos. Nassib and Canessa would be good back up options. And then there's Patricio Torres who's been with Liga for YEARS and has been part of the success along with the Paz family. Everyone always speaks about the Paz's, but Patricio Torres is the man behind the scenes that was fundamental in all of Liga's successes since the 90s. And he seems like he's always been interested in being a part of the FEF. I remember he went against Carlos Villacis for vice-president and Villacis won, but this can be his chance. So when I sit and think about it, there's Deller and Torres- two great options, both successful with their club teams, both have had longevity at their clubs, etc. If you ask me, those are the two real options, unless someone else, regardless of where they're from, comes to the forefront. Neme or Canessa interested?

9. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    If Martino was in Europe or a big Mexican team, then I'd discard him due to money. But I personally find him viable if he's in the MLS. Great coach, but personally I'm not a fan of his style of playing.

Fossati is a great coach at club level IMO. Not sure if I fully trust him coaching the NT, although he does know a lot about Ecuadorian futbol.

I agree with Almada. Good coach, but we need to steer away from the campeonato and not make the same mistake again. Definitely wouldn't choose him.

As far as Bielsa being an option, where was this said? I wish that were true. That man's revolutionary wherever he goes. He changes how things are done forever.

10. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    http://www.benditofutbol.com/la-tri/ecuador-eliminatorias-2022-nuevo-tecnico.html

El comercio reposted this.

11. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Ok guys you convinced me ,Dellar/Cevallos combo.:D

Allan_Somewhere repped this.
  12. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Same lol

Bielsa seems like a very good option but as mentioned, he's very temperamental.

It's a double edged sword because he could either change our mentality or divide the locker room.

cabezamagica repped this.
  13. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Michel Deller as the president of FEF? Hell yeah! That would be sick. My favorite candidate honestly, and second would be Cevallos if he runs. As far as coach, I don’t have an idea who I’d want. All I know is we aren’t going to make a good decision because Villacís still president. Until he goes and Deller becomes the president, then I can finally hope for a positive future.

I doubt any respectable coach will want to manage out NT as long as we have Villacís and team are at the helm.

This sucks because we won’t see any real change until 2019 if the right candidate wins. Then we have to wait until the right laws/regulation are in place. Then we can see quality players coming out of the league, and that won’t happen until 2030 lol.

So... the point is that this is a huge set back. Unless a miracle happen and Villacís step down now. I have no faith in FEF at all.

14. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I know USA and mexico will try to snatch up Bielsa and drop him offers if we do go after him we will have to beat those guys and I think they would be looking into Martino too.

I wouldnt mind Fossati for now. He could fix our locker room issues, discipline and mentality a bit and put some good ground work the next coach to take over. Until a new FEF president can step in 2019 and maybe someone like Bauza could be available.

15. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Gentlemen, good to be back, I been away for a bit, just had a second son and to those of you who are fathers, you all know how much time this requires.

Regarding Ecuador, I know I saw it coming, to me it was the loss with Colombia in Quito but as much as I want a total change in FEF I cant help but throw ALL the blame towards Quinteros and our players, I mean at the end of the day, FEF provided these players everything a Federation should provide, Quinteros got lazy after our first 4 wins, never developed a plan B, stopped looking for talent, he wasnt very professional when Chiriboga got removed.
    Players? Achilier, Felipe, Noboa, Antonio and Erazo are serious culprits, their lack of devotion along with childish mistakes costed us many goals, Props to Walter since he left the team at the right time.

Does anyone else believe that we have had some serious bad luck with our current players and upcoming players regarding injuries...Montero, Enner, Felipe, Ibarra, Erazo all were part of the core team yet plagued with injuries.
    Even now with younger talent, Cazares had a rough injury, Cristian Aleman, Anibal Chala, Bryan Cabezas, Junior Sornoza, Anderson Ordoñez are all potential players to be in the NT yet right now instead of solidating their position are fighting an injury.

In a positive note, Theres talent in our futbol, make no mistake, not to assure future world cup participations but definitely to put up a fight, lets have faith in Ramirez, Velazco, Aimar, Arreaga, Arboleda, Marcos Caicedo, Romario Ibarra, Esterilla, Cortez, Miller Bolaños, Enner, lets not crucify Jacob Murillo, Cevallos Jr, all these guys have potential.
    One more thing, I hope players come to understand that Quito is only an advantage if our players are willing to play harder than the opponent.
    A good coach can change all this, I agree that it cant be any coach associated with a club already, It has to be someone very neutral, I for one would not mind going back to Colombian coaches, they are proven to be a success, all of Concacaf followed our model and we separated from it.
    Also, Ecua fans have to evolve too, estamos muy creidos and this Costa/Sierra feud is killing our futbol along with horrible refs, that is where a new FEF can come in.

16. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I think Quito can still be an advantage as long as we have #1 a coach that knows HOW to play in Quito and is familiar with it and #2 players who are adjusted to high altitude. I think the most important one is #1. The reason why is because in the last qualifier, not all of our players lived in a city with high altitude. Lots of them (Frickson, Hormiga, Achilier, Walter, Noboa, Antonio, Felipe, and Segundo Castillo) most of these guys didn't live in a city with high altitude. Some of them didn't even play at all in high altitude. Yet, we qualified. That's why I think it's important we have a coach who KNOWS HOW to play in Quito. It's about playing smart under the circumstances. That's what it comes down to. And Quinteros didn't know how to do that. Our NT can be all from BSC and Emelec, but if we have a coach who knows how to play in Quito, then we'll be fine. Trust me, I believe we should analyze where we should play, but if Quito was successful for 2014 Qualifiers, then obviously we aren't doing something now that we were doing back then. So can El Atahualpa still be our home base and respected turf? Definitely YES.

I agree with you when it comes to the injuries- YES, lot's of bad luck. And when it comes to Achilier, Felipe, Noboa, Antonio and Erazo- YES, I also agree. Lot's of these players had moments where they were performing below expectation. Achilier at the beginning due to personal issues. Felipe very irregular, sometimes due to injuries. Noboa was consistent half way through then lost himself. Antonio had very good games and then very lost in others. Erazo started off well, then got injured and his performance level declined. and then got injured again and is benched up to date. I'll add Enner to your list as a very irregular player who was inconsistent since he joined Everton and to some degree continues to be inconsistent in Tigres. And obviously there's Mina, Cunti, Hormiga....there's a ton of players. LIke some of these commentators say "estos son jugadores solo de momentos", not like back in the day where we had true great players who didn't only have great moments, but great long careers. That's not what we have today. When do you remember the last time we had so many center backs to choose from? Arturo Mina, Cunti Caicedo, Frickson Erazo, Gabriel Achilier, Robert Arboleda, Xavier Arreaga, Dario Aimar- yet the only reason we select one over the other is due to #1 injuries or #2 because the other guy is in a bad moment. To date, we don't know who the real starter would be? Does anybody know? Cuz I don't know how the starting duo is at the back. I know we have options, and yes they are all quality center backs when they're in their best moment, but right now I can't even tell you who's in a great moment to be honest. Cuz I don't see it on the field. Maybe this is a wrong time to evaluate because of the situation we're in, but I'm just being realistic. The same goes for other positions on the field. We have options, but when we choose players we end up selecting who's doing less sh*tty than the next man.

You ask me and I can tell you players we don't need on the NT anymore. I think Felipe Caicedo isn't welcome in my book. The man left because his favorite coach wasn't going to be on the NT anymore? Farewell then. Cristian Noboa almost on the same boat. Great player, but at 32 years old I can't expect much more from him. And the fact that he is part of this disagreement, then I don't think we need him. Michael Arroyo, excellent player, but my man....you stay getting carded and lose yourself in important moments. Sorry, but deuces to you!

Enner Valencia, Miller Bolanos, Juan Carlos Paredes, Frickson Erazo, Jeff Montero, Arturo Mina, Kunti Caicedo, Renato Ibarra, Jefferson Orejuela, Gabriel Achilier- I think these guys should be evaluated individually. When they're doing well at club level, YES they can be included. If they're not doing well at club level, then the obvious move is to not include them. Simple as that.

Antonio Valencia- undoubtedly should be included.

Where do we need to start looking? Jose "Tin" Angulo, Bryan Cabezas, Kevin Mercado, Pervis Estupinan, Josimar Quintero, Anderson Ordonez, Cristian Aleman, Jose Francisco Cevallos Jr, Jefferson Intriago, Gabriel Cortez, Michael Estrada, Pedro Ortiz, Hamilton Piedra, Jacob Murillo, Erick Castillo, Marcos Caicedo, Xavier Arreaga, Dario Aimar, Pedro Velasco, Mario Pineida, Ayrton Preciado, Bryan Angulo, etc.,...these guys are the future. We lack midfield (center and wings) for sure though!

17. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Maybe Rueda wasn't so bad after all. We would have played really ugly fútbol but gotten the results.

Maybe we should follow the trend and get ourselves a Colombian coach. Osorio, Bolillo, Pinto (hate that mfer, I'd take a repechaje spot over nothing) can't all be wrong? It's Concacaf, but still have to give credit to those guys.

We have to be real here. We can't play pretty fútbol and get results.

18. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Apparently Pellegrini would be avaliable too.

19. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Anybody has the list of the 5 farreros?

20. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Supposedly its Jefferson Orejuela, Enner Valencia, Joao Plata, Gabriel Cortez, and Robert Arboleda. Villacis wants to permanently ban them from the NT.

b9d23m89 repped this.
  21. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    i partly agree with you. Yes, colombian coaches do help us get results to qualify to the World Cup. The problem is we've exhausted that style of playing. It became predictable after over a decade of it. Why not look at Colombia and make an example out of them? They steered away from Colombian coaches and knew they had to make a radical change and chose Pekerman. That help Colombia go levels ahead of where they once were. They're not a team that just qualifies to the WC, but they give a good fight in the World Cup too. That's what the goal was when Rueda left....for us to take it to the next level. Quinteros was obviously not the best option. We can't let one failure speak for future potential candidates. It's almost like we're not being fair to ourselves and not giving ourselves that opportunity.

We can always bring back Bolillo, hire Pinto, or knock on Osorio's door, but the point isn't just to qualify anymore. The point is to qualify AND play that 5th game. We can't sit back and be satisfied with just qualifying anymore. We gotta bring someone that can revolutionize our futbol like Bielsa did in Chile. That's our next step. We failed on our first attempt, but so what? We have to keep trying. The one thing we did learn is we can never hire a coach that doesn't have a reputation they need to defend and uphold. We need an ambitious coach that has international prestige. And the FEF needs to have the willingness to once and for all unload that wallet and think of a great coach as an investment. Freaking Venezuela has a better coach than us. I mean, where exactly are we at this point? Peru has a better coach than us. And it shocks me to know that elections are in January of 2019 when shortly after the WC, lots of the candidates we desire will be taken unless the president-elect does his homework ahead of time and executes when he gets elected.

All i know is that from now until then, not even Celico should be in charge of this NT. He lacks control of his squad and the clear example is the fact that he took this last scandal so smoothly, like nothing happened (5 players leaving the concentracion to party incident). And you're telling me THAT man is in charge of our youth NT? We're going in the wrong direction IMO.

22. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    As he should. He banned them for an indefinite time as of right now, but I hope he bans them for good. And while he's at it, he should ban himself b/c you can't sit there and tell me that the FEF knew about this incident and didn't say anything until after the games. These players should have been sanctioned immediately and this all should've been brought to light. These people in the FEF don't know how to manage a damn thing. The next thing they NEED to do is ban themselves from ever setting foot in the FEF. If this didn't come to light from that one reporters camera, then no one would've known.

Did you guys know there was a fight in the locker room (during the Argentina game i think?)? One of the "experienced" players told one of our new guys "tu no eres nadie aqui", when one of them spoke up. Who do these guys think they are? I wish i knew the name of the player that said this. I feel like the player who got picked on was either Cevallos or Romario. Whoever that player is who was disrespectful, I'd show him the door for good too. We're dealing with some scum bags in this NT. This isn't a team.

Enner- What a disappointment you have been. I seriously and deeply hope you never come back to this NT. You're supposed to be one of the main leaders of this squad. Now more than ever. And you were part of this sh*t during a crucial period when things are down? I lost every bit of respect for you as a player and as a person. I really hope to never see you wearing our jersey a day again in your life.

Joao Plata- One of the players begging for a chance all the time and then on your first chance you do everyone wrong like that? Everyone who ever wanted Joao Plata on the NT must feel some type of way. Quite shocked, b/c I don't see Joao Plata being that type of person. Shameful. Don't come back.

Jefferson Orejuela- Smh...Noboa isn't there and you're also supposed to be one of the leaders and you do something stupid like this? Very disappointed. When I think of Orejuela I think of a quite talented and professional player that's doing well abroad, so again...shocked at this one too.

Gabriel Cortez- Great player with potential, b/c not so surprised here b/c there's a reason they call him "El Loco" Cortez. I've heard he has disciplinary issues, so this one isn't much of my surprise. No thank you on the NT, i'll rather try Cazares (AGAIN), Aleman, or Sornoza.

Robert Arboleda- Same opinion I have about Orejuela...Disappointed and a bit shocked. Don't expect that from a talented professional player doing well abroad. Another player who SHOULD be a leader on this NT. No thank you to this kid anymore.

javer repped this.
  23. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Our NT just keeps going to SH!T !!! Its scandal after scandal. Every few months we see "verguenza nacional" on our headlines. So many international sites making Ecos of this.

I really hope that Orejuela and Arboleda in this list is a lie. Like how would Celico start them if this happened. And Arboleda doing this is a huge disrespect to Celico his former coach. Orejuela tweeted out to defend him self. We will have to wait wait until an official statements get released to see who is lying. But again this is all disappointing.

Attached Files:

24. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    #2474 b9d23m89, Oct 13, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2017

Listen to this (highlight on the first 5 minutes, but the whole first hour of the show is about this bullsh*t...but within the first 5 minutes, tell me you don't think "El grandulon" is Robert Arboleda. Looks like he beat up one of the new guys for not being cool with them leaving la concentracion.) Robert Arboleda fuera para siempre in my book! I don't want that POS in the NT any longer if that's the case. Cuz out of the 5 players that supposedly escaped, the only "grandulon" is Arboleda. You just gotta pay attention to a few words sometimes and you'll catch who the player is without names having to be said.

Unless this is the other way around and the "grandulon" is the guy the delivered the beating. In that case, I'd say it was Tuca Ordonez and I applaud him for that.

25. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    This came to light quicker than I thought.
    http://www.ecuagol.com/ecuagol/index.php?n=115682

Enner Valencia, Joao Plata, Gabriel Cortez, Robert Arboleda y John Cifuente are the true names. There a reason only Orejuella came out to defend himself publicly and all others stayed shut.

Arboleda is a big POS then what a huge disrespect to his former coach and so surprised Celico kept it shut and started him. Cifuentes too. These guys had no respect for him.