Rebuilding the NT -2018 Qualifiers

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by b9d23m89, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Jefe Esco

Jefe Esco Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Aimar needs to be ex communicated from the country, let alone the team

absolutely embarrassing defensive display

2. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I wonder how much Argentina paid Aimar. He ********ed it all up.

Jefe Esco repped this.
  3. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Messi raping our defense

4. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  5. LongLiveThe80's

Manchester United
    Jun 8, 2006
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I never thought I'd see Ecuador regress the way they did this eliminatoria. I don't have much hope for the future either unless they clean house at the FEF, but we all know that's going to be impossible. Back door deals, a pay off here, a pay off there, and we'll be stuck with the same shiit! Very sad indeed.

6. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    What happened? After their first goal our team broke down.

7. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Bolillo Gómez clasifica a Panamá por primera vez a un mundial.USA out.

Jefe Esco and nfiniti repped this.
  8. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    What?

9. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  10. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    This has to be the worst year for sports for me. Just bad luck. All my teams I follow are terrible. Ugh.

11. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I'm going to root for Panama,we were in their place once,"aprendiendo "with Bolillo..sigh..miss those days,we made it w local tournament players.:cry::(

nfiniti repped this.
  12. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I'm not gonna judge Aimar too harshly since he got thrown against Messi of all people and if I recall in the Sudamericana last year he did meh and improved a lot in the Libertadores this year.

Overall such a disappointing campaign because we had it in our hands the whole time but that's life.

Most important thing now is to find a really good coach who can raise the next generation properly.

cabezamagica repped this.
  13. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Defense needs to be a priority,we lost too many games due to boneheaded plays and rookie mistakes.

Allan_Somewhere repped this.
  14. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    There seems to be lack of communication and leadership in the defense. Many of those goals came because we never cleared the ball.

15. ECUAlex

ECUAlex Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I really hate to throw these hypothetical scenarios, but today's game makes me wonder how different the team would've been with Tin Angulo not screwing up. Tuca may be a tank in the local league but he was out of his depth these 2 games.

Where does FEF even start the rebuilding process?

16. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I'm interested to see what the new base will be because the only sure players for the next generation are Orejuela and Ramirez.

Also, our defensive issues lie on the coach. He never had a proper set up and just let things play out (which they did horribly).

17. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    What? Tuca played good! He assisted the goals of these past two games. After he was subbed out today there was no offense to speak off.

cabezamagica repped this.
  18. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Tuca did ok IMO,he needed enners mobility to really up his level.the guy made the two passes for goal in his first games ,not a selfish player and smart playmaker.

19. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Tuca is way too old. He's gonna be 35? By the time next qualifiers start.

20. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    True ,that age factor will catch up.

21. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    If Almada wins the Libertadores, I wouldn't mind him taking over the NT.

22. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    If we're going to judge based off a game where we had nothing to lose since everything has already been lost and nothing was at stake, then all the players sucked. Each and every single one. But there's no reason to judge on this game. I'd rather go off with the impression Ecuador left in Chile, which wasn't bad. Besides honor, what other factors would drive Ecuador to want to win this game? Most of these players are probably thinking "not worth risking, I have to go back to my club in good shape". Just an FYI.

I'm glad this is over and done with. We didn't deserve to go to the WC as much as we all wanted to go. Everyone who got in deserved their spot. Even Peru. Venezuela will probably make it in next time. Their squad is on incline so we have another headache on the way. I see possibilities for us to qualify next time as very slim ALREADY. The real reason is b/c the root of the problem goes deeper than players and coaches. The federation needs a clean up. Once that's done, we can start dreaming again.

In the mean time, what we really need to think about is what kind of coach do we need for the next cycle? I think we should NOT look at the campeonato nacional...so no Guillermo Almada or Sanguinetti from Delfin. We need someone who will come to defend their prestige and reputation and WANTS MORE! Period. That's what we need. Edgardo Bauza, Marcelo Gallardo, and Jose Pekerman are options. Even Juan Antonio Pizzi from Chile should be a name to take into consideration. The best option to me is Bauza because he has a reputation to uphold AND knows Ecuadorian futbol AND knows how to play in Quito. It can't get more ideal than that. And for those who say he failed with Argentina, yes, that makes me have my doubts too....but many moons later after Martino, and then Bauza, Sampaoli has also struggled. So it goes beyond them too. Bauza is #1 option to me. After him Pekerman, Gallardo, and Pizzi. Pekerman and Gallardo are coaches who stay for long processes and renovate their squads constantly, so IMO that's their big UP in my book. Bauza struggles with that years into a process. As far as players....damnn, and I say that with a big sigh. I don't see as much talent as we had these last two cycles in attacking positions and in the center mid positions. We just don't have. Simple as that. Any promising players? Nothing spectacular honestly. Just my two cents.

23. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Pizzi?no Thanks.

24. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I would only take Bauza and Gallardo (the one with most upside but also the one who's hardest to acquire).

But like many have mentioned we need a cleanup from top to bottom, smiliar to what Cevallos did with Barcelona.

25. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    fyi --- Pekerman is pushing 70.... Unless you're able to pay a lot (salary is high already at FCF) and somehow offer him given guarantees I don't see why he would move to Ecuador. I see home retiring after this WC.

Osorio will likely be available as the Mexicans hate him but he's a great tactician. His biggest downfall is the constant rotation of players. But considering you guys are in a rebuilding stage that may not be such a bad thing. Bauza does make a lot of sense as well.