Rebuilding the NT -2018 Qualifiers

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by b9d23m89, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Jefe Esco

Jefe Esco Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    so what now? does the FEF have the balls to blow it all up and start over from the ground up

or do they go find a "big name" coach and hope for a quick fix

2. X@vier

X@vier Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Sep 6, 2013
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    From what i been reading it looks like they are going to stick with Quinteros till the end, at that point they will look for a new coach.

I really do hope they get Bauza to replace Quitero.

3. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    If they fire him now you can only imagine the money they would have to pay to get rid of him. He makes moré than 96000 a month. Rueda only made 60000.

If they fire him now Jorge Celico is rumored to be the temporary replacement till the end of qualifiers.

In the end we just need a good coach by the end of the cycle.

Villacis bringing Celico to the U20 was a nice move cant wait to see that project start and shows FEF interest in investing and developing moré the youth. If he made this move for the U20 im hoping he makes and even better move and investment for the senior team.

4. LongLiveThe80's

Manchester United
    Jun 8, 2006
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The FEF cannot hire a "big name" coach because they are broke! Why do you think they didn't fire Quinteros when the tapes came out? It's all just one big mental jerk off! Villacis is a clown. He holds press conferences to make it seem like he's going to make some big decision and then does nothing! I keep going back to when the tapes broke out. Quinteros said they didn't deserve to go to the World Cup! What else did they need? If your head coach says the team doesn't deserve to go to the World Cup, what more proof do you need to fire him? Did anyone here think after listening to those tapes that we would somehow qualify? I'm telling you, it's all just one big mind ********! You can talk players, process, and all that BS till you turn blue in the face! The bar is set so low in Ecuador it's frightening. Can you imagine any other country keeping a coach that says they don't deserve to go to the World Cup half way through qualifiers?

Jefe Esco repped this.
  5. SiempreCrema

SiempreCrema Moderator
    Staff Member

Deportivo Independiente Miraflores
    Peru
    Feb 4, 2015
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    What are the chances of Pablo Repetto?

6. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Its possible to FEF he would be an easily accessible candidate and non expensive he was the second option after Quinteros. But in all honesty I wouldnt want him to coach now. I want him to be the one that rebuilds Liga and leads them back to greatness.

b9d23m89 repped this.
  7. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    FEF tried to get him out with 150,000 Quinteros refused. FEF will have to pay out 600,000 to get him out. Other thing is that Michel Deller states he will run for President of FEF in 2019 when Villacis term is up.

8. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    ummm no thanks! Great coach, but we need someone even better. Also, I'm sure he will do just fine in Liga so I wouldn't sacrifice him to the NT. The FEF can look elsewhere because we are not giving up Repetto. Good luck finding...

9. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Reading a couple of articles in futbolecuador . I noticed that Junior Sornoza just came out of an ankle injury in Brazil.Whats up with our players getting injured there,not one to believe conspiracy theories but you have to give it some thought.So far that I know,Miller ,first season playing gets his jaw destroyed with an elbow,pretty much ended his good performances for gremio and nt,Arroyo hasn't played any official games (I think)and he too just came out of a broken nose injury,most of these injuries happen when our players first start there.I think there are more ,not sure .Am I being paranoid?

10. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    The problem is ,the FEF and league is the worst when it comes to contracts,we just it away when it comes to anybody that's not Ecuadorian.

11. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Yup it crazy to think that Maturana, Suarez and Gomez made around 30000 a month Rueda 60000 quintero topped that with over 96000 and Vizuete made a measly 15000.

The money we put down for quintero went straight down the drain.

I would like to know how much Celico is supposed to be earning coaching the U20. It's def more than Vizuete and Xavier Rodriguez made.

cabezamagica repped this.
  12. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Damn it...I've been trying to enjoy my fútbol for the past week but this hurricane pretty much kept me in another reality.

13. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I'd say Miller didn't have a bad campaign in Gremio. He struggled at the beginning after that jaw injury, but for the most part I'd say he started a good 80% or more of the game's he played in his first season. He ended 2016 pretty well from what I recall and then started off 2017 really well scoring 8 goals in the campeonato Estatal if I'm not wrong. He had a great number of assists too, he was actually killing it while Sornoza was killing it early on this year. The problem with both so far is that they started off really well then they've been injured and are just making back their return. Miller's problem in Gremio had to do with discipline. They wanted him to stay b/c they believed in him and to be honest he left a last good impression on the field at the beginning of this season. Same with Sornoza, who is just coming back now. With Miller he made the move to Tijuana now so we'll see how he does there.

As far as Arroyo, he got injured in the first game he played. Now he's coming back and I'm sure he'll do fine. The Brazilian league screams out Arroyo. It's his style of futbol. The only reason I see him failing there is the same as Miller- discipline. But Arroyo seems more settled with those type of issues compared to the earlier stages of his career.

Besides that Kunti Caicedo Robert Arboleda, Jefferson Orejuela- they've all done fine when they first entered Brazil. Kunti finished off horribly, but due to his level of futbol going down. It happens....Arboleda has been good for now and Orejuela I'd say has been the most consistent along with Juan Cazares who struggled at the beginning and is now a star in Atletico Miner. Now Sornoza will hop back on the scene and hopefully come back strong. I have a feeling he'll struggle to demonstrate that same level of futbol he had at the beginning, but he'll play a lot for sure.

14. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    What are your guys thoughts on Celico coaching us for the last two games. You guys think there is any hope? Anything you guys would like to see or players you think he should call?

15. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    A little too late. It's the Ecuadorian way, wait until last minute to get things done.

Just like it happened to me, I waited until my roof got blown away to do something about it.

16. ECUAlex

ECUAlex Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I'm not expecting much besides a change in attitude from the players. Someone like Antonio Valencia who has always lead by example was evidently giving up in games. Could be his age and all the games he plays, could be a lost cause against brazil, but he simply stopped trying after going down 2-0 vs Peru. That never happened under another coach.

Keeping my expectations low, despite how important these last 2 matches are

17. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    The sack came too late. He should have been sacked after the Colombia game.

Mathematically there's still a chance to make it to the world cup but morale wise, the team doesn't have it in them to fight for that chance.

I just hope the new coach finds a good base to build around.

18. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Lol sorry to hear that,but at least you're getting a new roof.As for our chances,Meh!hopefully they don't embarrass themselves and suden la camiseta.

19. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Yea no time at all to do anything our games vs Chile and Argentina are less than a month away. And I dont think most of the players we need will get into form. Honestly if Noboa continues riding bench he shouldnt be a starter anymore. Same with Felipe and Montero.

I hope players like Cifuentes, Estrada, Ibarra, Sornoza, recover from injuries to replace Enner and Caicedo up front and that Tin Angulo gets more into form. Our situation up front is worry some but if Cifuentes or Tin Angulo play 90 min and score at least once in their next 2 games I would call them. Specially Cifuentes since Celico is familiar with him.

We also need to include Cabezas in the next call. I hope Celico uses Tono as a CM. He loves improvising players into CM positions and IMO i think it would be good to do with Tono.
    Would be nice if he could get a friendly even local before hand to see what he can do with the NT.

If our current players continue their form and we get back those players I mentioned I think our line up should look like this.

Banguera,
    Velasco, Achiller, Arboleda, Ramirez
    A. Valencia, Orejuela
    Ibarra, Cazares, Cabezas
    Cifuentes/Enner​

20. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Well Felipe just quit the NT. There goes one less player to worry about.

21. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Seriously,thanks Caicedo ,but you're not good enough anymore.We need to work on a solid defense,what we have now feels like a patch up job.Not expecting much from Celico really,beyond calling up players who are playing day to day,not riding the bench.

22. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Should have sent barcelona to play in Brazil. Just saying.

23. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I still have hopes of going to the WC and if we do I hope they leave this mfer out of la convocatoria.

24. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    man you guys see that Bauza is going to coach Saudi Arabia. FEF never jumps on the right time to get him. The only rumored options are Almada he a good coach but I dont want to commit the same mistake as Quinteros. We need some one who is more experienced and proven on an international/NT level.

Quinteros failed with Bolivia and blamed the altitude this should have been a huge red flag when that MF Chiri was considering him as a candidate. And he probably would have been better off in Emelec maybe he could done something with them in Copa if he stayed.

Almada leave him in BSC let him finish what he is doing there and maybe he can bring them to finals and be champions.

I hope Fossati name start being rumored at least I think he would be a good option to whip these guys back to shape and get their Sh!t together. Get our respect back in Quito and pave the road for an even better coach to come take over after his cycle.

25. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Bauza is trash. Did you ever see Argentina under him?