Rebuilding the NT -2018 Qualifiers

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by b9d23m89, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I hope Chile gets eliminated.

2. Gringo Ecuatoriano

Jun 15, 2015
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Absolute b.s, Chile is not at 16 points due to their own merits right now. That tie was fair game with Bolivia, the Bolivians should have been punished but without tightening and complicating the already closed up table. Bolivia wasn't losing out, they were already considered out a while ago, but the repechaje or forth place team will be shafted due to this bullshit change of result. Which reminds me, why doesn't Ecuador ever pursue claims like bad refereeing and fluky penalties to CONMEBOL and try seeing if they could get a fair hearing like Chile did?

Jefe Esco and Latin Pride repped this.
  3. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    He finally played his first game in IDV sub 19 on the 29th and got called up to the sub 20.

http://www.futbolecuador.com/site/s...ara-nuevo-proceso-de-la-mini-tri-sub-20/72454

Now is his time for a comeback.

4. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Chile (and Peru) didn't get a hearing because of bad refereeing. There was a constitutional change in the FIFA rulebook and they were in violation of this new rule. Apparently the player in question - Nelson Cabrera - was no longer eligible to play for Bolivia. He's Paraguayan and had been in Bolivia for 3 years. Under Bolivian law and FIFA's old rule he would've been eligible to play. The requirement was only two years. After the Copa America the rule changed however. The requirement is now five years. It's kinda unfair if you ask me. Cabrera (and players in situations like his) should've been grandfathered in. I think that was the fair thing to do.

Jefe Esco, b9d23m89 and Quilotoa repped this.
  5. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Completely agree. Furthermore, the punishment should be solely against Bolivia and not in favor of other national teams who don't deserve those points. It's ridiculous and shameful how poorly CONMEBOL is managed. This decision should solely affect Bolivia, yet it did damage to other teams not involved in this situation. There's no reason Chile and Peru deserve to be 1 point behind us or ahead of other teams which they were originally tailgating before the points were issued to them. I find unfair and unreasonable. Punish the team who deserves to be punished without having the rest be affected. Now the Qualifiers got much tougher.

And some said it wasn't necessary to defeat Bolivia in La Paz?? Shoot.....now we REALLY need those points AND the points lost at home vs. Paraguay and Brazil. 3 screw ups.

Call me crazy, but I think we need to settle for nothing less than a tie in Montevideo. It's all or nothing.

I will be saying my prayers for Achilier, Erazo, Hormiga, and Walter. They'll be needing it. I would hope they at least enter this game inspired and ready to redeem themselves since the starters are Mina, Caicedo, Ramirez (in theory).

6. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    #1831 Rickdog, Nov 2, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
    (If you guys don't want me around, simply say so, and I will be gone for good. It's far from my intentions to troll anyone here).

You need to know something over which, many of you are very wrong.

The 5 year residence requirement for a naturalized player whom holds no previous relationship towards their new country, wasn't set this year after last Copa America Centenario (that has been probably the worst excuse used by the Bolivian Federation president, related to the Cabrera case, which affects you all).

That specific requirement was set 8 years ago, during May-June of 2008 (back then it replaced the 2 year figure that existed, before it). Since then, Bolivia simply has decided to not take it in account, and has played other unelegible players (diferent to Cabrera) as well.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/aff...ibilitytoplayforrepresentativeteams_55197.pdf

During Copa America of 2015, specifically against you guys, in the match they beat you here (also by cheating there), they used the argentine player Damian Lizio (whom even till now, still doesn't have 5 years of residence in Bolivia, but has played at least 7 times for their NT in official matches), but you guys didn't know back then, and therefore made no complaints about the issue, allowing Bolivia to get away with it, also giving you guys an early exit from that tournament, while they went through. (he also played against Chile and Peru, that tournament, and we also fell for it, but since we won, we had no reasons to make any complaint)

Sincerely, I believe that the punishment of being the match declared as forfait in favour of the offended team, is OK, as without the fielding of that uneligible player, anything could have happened in that match (there is no way to know it).
    But given how tight Conmebol qualifiers usually are, a 1-0 final score defeat or victory (only more if the original score was bigger than that), is more than enough, for FIFA to stand their point, as punishment for that type of behaviour or cheating (still takes away all points inmorally won, by whom cheated). The good thing, if there is anything good in it, is that only one goal will not affect that much the rewarded team, if ever it gets at the end to have to decide which team goes through and which team doesn't, over Goal diferentiate, (while 3 goals is simply excesive, no matter how anyone wants to see it).

that' all I'll say here

7. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    It's annoying to see what occurred but I hope Ecuador doesn't pay attention to it.

The players should just focus on their upcoming games and win to stay ahead of the competition.

8. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    If we don't come out of Uruguay with a positive result I bet you everyone will put more blame on Quinteros not calling up Arroyo. Especially if the problem is goal deficit.

9. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Rightfully so, we are not a National Team with a lot of depth, with Montero, Miller and Enner either injured, suspended or barely playing, Arroyo was the logical option, he has been a NT players for years now, he is in a phenomenal moment and he's scoring. Quinteros screwed up.

Jefe Esco repped this.
  10. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I heard Arroyo was upset Quinteros only plays him 5, 10, 15 mins. Supposedly Arroyo said something like "A mi no me gusta jugar 10 o 15 minutos. Si lo hago, es por respeto a la seleccion, pero a mi no me gusta eso." That's why he was absent for the game in Bolivia. It wasn't an injury as the FEF and medical department claimed. That was a lie. 3 days later he played in America without an issue.

I guess Quinteros took that argument into consideration along with the fact that he's temperamental in instances where we can't afford to have anything else go wrong (i.e. the game in Lima vs. Peru).

So it can be argued both ways. Now would I have thought Quinteros could work it out? YES and he should have b/c Arroyo is in a great moment. We lose by not having him on the NT. Would he be a mediocre player....say a typical Joao Rojas with attitude, then f*ck it let him go. But that's not the case here. I hope we aren't regretting this later next week.

11. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Considering who won't be able to play against Uruguay (Mina, L. Caicedo, Ramirez, Enner) my line up would be

Dreer; Velasco(Paredes), Achilier, Erazo, Ayovi; Ibarra, Orejuela, Noboa, Martinez; Bolanos y Caicedo
    Subs: Cazares, Ayovi, Montero

With Chile getting those points we need a draw here, those screw ups against Paraguay and Brazil at home along with the failure to get favorable results in Bolivia and Peru are looking like they'll come back to haunt us. Quinteros messed up big time with Arroyo, talk about leaving possibly the only player who can change the game in Uruguay at home. As always i'll be rooting for our boys to get the W i'll be just as happy with a draw. Hopefully we dont get any surprises like Montero, Gruezo, or Gaibor starting, and hopefully Quinteros will make the correct subs at the correct times this game. I'm tired of seeing Cazares wasted on the bench or getting garbage minutes at the end of the game.

Jefe Esco and cabezamagica repped this.
  12. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Seriously,don't bother putting in Cazares for 5 min,total disrespect for the player.

barcelonista1981 and Jefe Esco repped this.
  13. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Montero out due to hand injury. Him and Antonio are on the same sh*t.

Perfect time for a call to Cristian Penilla or Ely Esterilla. Sounds appropriate at the moment. And more than appropriate, it sounds necessary at this point. Since Esterilla is already in Ecuador I think he should be the main option, but Penilla isn't too far either. At this point I wouldn't mind Joao Rojas from Cruz Azul either. We actually DO need someone to fill in. Marcos Caicedo will most likely debut with all this occurring. Hope he's ready.

14. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Also I'd like to add one more thing into the spectrum. Pedro Quinonez suffered an injury, but who replaced him? Right now we have Noboa, Gaibor, Orejuela, and Gruezo. Noboa with a yellow to his name and one more away from being suspended vs. Venezuela. Does this mean Gaibor will play vs. Venezuela if Noboa gets suspended (assuming he receives a yellow vs. Uruguay)? Perfect time to call up Jose Cevallos Jr. Quinteros is questionable right now. I hope he can at least replace Montero with a decent name. I can see him calling up Joao Rojas (from Aucas) LMAO. Please do not make that garbage move Quinteros.

Jefe Esco repped this.
  15. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Who's living in South Florida area and wants to catch the game??

16. bourne1

bourne1 Member

Jun 21, 2015
    Croatia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Dreer;Paredes-Achilier-Erazo-Ramirez;Ibarra-Orejuela-Noboa-Martinez;Caicedo-Enner(Bolanos) ??

17. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Ecuador was seen training with the following line-up
    Dreer; Paredes, Erazo, Achilier; Noboa, Orejuela; Ibarra, Cazares, Martinez; F. Caicedo

18. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    No Cavani for Uruguay tomorrow.

That just means we just have to worry about keeping Suarez at bay.

Jefe Esco repped this.
  19. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    the line up is the obvious:

Dreer; Paredes, Achilier, Erazo, Walter; Noboa, Orejuela; Ibarra, Miller, Fidel; Felipe

This is the best we got and hopefully we can leave there with a tie. No team has even scored in Uruguay let alone left with 1 single point. It's going to be VERY complicated, but we must try at least.

20. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    This probably will be the toughest game to play. Too bad we will be playing without most of our starters. 0-0 is what I'm hoping the most but highly doubtful since Suarez is playing. Ugh. I don't know if I can take any more disappointment this week after the elections.

Quilotoa repped this.
  21. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I hope we sit deep and hit them on the counter like we did against Argentina.

The most annoying thing is that Hispanics voted for Trump knowing full well how he feels about us.

Luigi408 and Quilotoa repped this.
  22. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Venezuela did complicate Uruguay in Montevideo for the first 20-30 minutes of their match, However, Venezuela went with a nothing to lose mindset which can often be dangerous.
    What I fear the most is our state of mind, I'm hearing too many rumours of Quinteros not having the full respect of his players but my biggest concern is that we usually really blow it in games of this magnitude, I can already assure you Achilier will cost us a goal. Truth be told I will be happy if we beat Venezuela.

23. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    This is probably the worst position we could have ever been in. What a horrible week for the world.

Luigi408 and cabezamagica repped this.
  24. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    What does Velasco and Cazares have to do to earn a chance?

Please Noboa dont pick up that second yellow.

25. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I swear I knew that corner was going to be a goal.