Rebuilding the NT -2018 Qualifiers

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by b9d23m89, Jun 26, 2014.

1. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    we're in a period of transition and beginning a new process, so why not? this year is the time to do all those experiments and try out player A through Z because 2 and 3 years from now it won't be possible b/c we'll be in a different situation. Right now we gotta experiment and do all that stuff that we sometimes want to rush into in the middle of the Qualifier (when it is not the ideal time).

2. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Looking towards our new process, many people are excited about the new faces our team will have, I however, do not think we will see our line up go through drastic changes, I mean, I will say this again, Rueda has left solid base, Ibarra, Montero, Gruezo, Enner, Caicedo, Valencia, Paredez, all will play at a good competitive level,Erazo, Arroyo, Noboa, Fidel, Rojas all got a good age, the LB and the other CB are priority on filling, Ramirez still doesnt convince anyone, Corozo hopefully makes a name for himself, but in the mean time Walter might play a few more games unless he retires from our NT but I doubt since he's 7 games away from getting that 100th NT game. Bagui might fill the gap until someone rises.
    Theres a rumor that Vizuete will work as an intern the 4 friendlies this fall, this is good news since I am sure a lot of players will be looked at, quite frankly, I would leave the european players out of these games and allow them to consolidate themselves in their clubs, last thing Caicedo needs is to get injured playing a friendly and lose his spot in Espanyol
    Vizuete would probably call a lot of youngsters,
    ---------------------------------------------Dominguez------------------------------------------
    Velasco----------------Narvaez-------------------------------Mendoza---------------Ramirez(corozo)
    Gonzales--------------Miller---------------------------------Bolanos-----------------Guerrero(fidel)
    ---------------------Penilla-------------------------------------Arroyo--------------------------

I know this is unlikely but hey, one can dream lol

3. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I have also heard rumors of Vizuete coaching the NT, i was checking the fifa match calender and it looks like we will be facing Brazil, Bolivia, Colombia, and USA. If Vizuete bags some good results with the NT, then i bet the FEF will be ready with a contract for him when he gets back. I see a lot of young talent i think Ecuador needs to use the friendlies as well as the 2 upcoming Copa Americas to experiment then slowly implement the younger players into the team. With Brazil back, and a Paraguay looking stronger this time around we're going to have some serious work ahead of us for the qualifiers. I would love to see some young faces lead the NT to Russia. Hopefully we see a new, young, experimental squad in these friendlies. Ecuadors key to Qualifying will be the same as usual, Win all games in Quito, and bag as many points away from home. I see us getting 3pts from Peru, Bolivia, and i'll say Venezuela and Uruguay this time round. The hardest part will facing the likes of Colombia, Argentina, and Chile they might even steal points from us in Quito.
    GOALIES
    Alexander Domiguez
    Adrian Bone
    Hamilton Piedra (great perfromance against Emelec i see him having a future as our keeper)
    DEFENDERS
    Juan Carlos Parades
    Mario Pinieda
    Frickson Erazo
    Luis Canga
    Gabriel Corozo
    Christian Ramirez
    Walter Ayovi (He still has a few good years in him)
    Jason Dominguez
    MIDFIELDERS
    Renato Ibarra (i expect him to be seeing more minutes than Antonio)
    Carlos Gruezo
    Christian Noboa
    Jefferson Montero
    Jonathan Gonzalez
    Antonio Valencia
    Jonny Ucharia
    Fidel Martinez
    FORWARDS
    Felipe Caicedo
    Junior Sornoza (I've met and watched him play deserves to play at NT level)
    Enner Valencia
    Joao Rojas
    Christian Penilla
    Micheal Arroyo

4. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    lol i said that about all the line up and call up ive posted and ithink mines are pushing big changes some thing close to your line up might be possible

5. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I just came home and heard according to ESPN Deportes that Reinaldo Rueda will NOT renew his contract with the NT. He's OUT! Thank you Lord! lol I just read online that Walter Safarian spoke to him yesterday and he said he will not continue with the NT for this next cycle. And more good news.....I heard Edgardo Bauza is the main candidate right now. I hope the media isn't playing. If this is true, we are about to witness the best futbol we could ever wish for these next 4 years.

6. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Sixto Vizuete will be our coach until FEF Elections.

7. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Rueda is out! Yes!!! Miracles do exist!!!

8. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Gerardo Martino supposedly has also been inquired upon for the NT. Matias Almeyda and Gustavo Quinteros are the other 2 guys on the list. Supposedly all these guys are on the list for the NT, and since their contracts end in December/January (besides Tata who I think isn't coaching at the moment?) and the FEF elections are during that time, they are looked at as the main candidates. Bauza, Tata Martino, Almeyda, Quinteros.

9. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    The FEF will not appoint a new coach until January. Last I heard, Bauza's contract with San Lorenzo ends in January. Coincidence?...I hope that's the case.

10. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Not a bad list if you ask me.

11. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yes! Finally good news. I think everyone knew this but it wasn't official yet by FEF I'm guessing. Finally something good after all the bad news coming out. Bauza for sure! Bauza 2015! Lol.

12. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    my real question is if we want Bauza, negotiations are obviously going to begin before January so he doesn't renew his contract with San lorenzo and so that he also doesn't accept an offer elsewhere. That being said, since we do not know if Chiriboga will continue as the FEF president or if he will be replaced by a new dirigencia, how are these negotiations to come about? Assuming there's a new dirigencia, will that group of people initiate conversations with Edgardo Bauza or whoever they are interested in BEFORE january? or will they just begin to do their homework IN January? That's where I'm a little confused. I know if Chiriboga continues, he will begin his search starting now. But if he's to be replaced, will that new dirigencia have done their homework and started negotiations with the new coach?

What are peoples thoughts?

13. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    As of now, it's all in limbo, Sixto Vizuete has been named intern coach until elections, Chiriboga will not focus on that at all since now the AFE is on his @$$ about the strike, I am sure you know the tournament is suspended until further notice, Chiriboga is on a world of trouble since he has but 2 solutions,
    1)Take player's sides and start dishing out suspensions, fines and points loss to the clubs while making a multi property loan to clubs in the red in order to put them up to date in payroll. The negative about that is that Chiriboga will lose the support of club owners since they wont want points loss or suspensions or any of that and Specially they dont want their TV rights money touched by the FEF (which will be the safety for FEF to recover the money loan) this will make any contender have already major support from club managers and/or owners.

2) Unite with the teams and allow them to get away with it with just paying March (since 3 months behind is still acceptable in Ecuadors futbol incredibly) and tell players to play on, funny thing is that Chiriboga came into Today's meeting hoping that the teams would play tomorrow lol, Tenorio (AFE's second in command) is not having that, they want a new law book in which 0 tolerance for unpaid salaries is stated and applied.

So as you see, The NT's coaching is probably the last thing on his mind, and btw in a few days you'll hear that the U-20 NT which is to compete in January for the South American U-20 has not even had a calendar of training, or call ups, Because Vizuete's microciclos were cancelled (by order of FEF) due to financial problems, Vizuete is just gonna become a tool in Chiriboga's plans again.

There's a few options for FEF presidency but at the moment n one has come out official and start a campaign, either way with this strike and so much Financial problems our futbol has we might be turning into a not so attractive offer to anyone. If you ask me as much as I love Bauza (I have wanted him to coah us for years) or Fossatti, Martino or anyone, I am starting to get the feeling that if Vizuete does good in those 4 games and qualifies to the U-20 World cup, Vizuete will be our coach for Russia 2018.

b9d23m89 repped this.
  14. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Who is first in command for AFE? Does he not want the same for the players are Tenorio? I'm on the AFE side. I hope they get their way.

Can't believe 3 months behind Is acceptable in Ecuador. That is crazy.

Chiriboga honestly has no option right now because this stoppage is getting global attention. If it continues it's going to get even bigger. Chiriboga is officially f***ed. His image and the image of the FEF is getting tarnished badly as long as this keeps going.

15. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    That is very true. Edwin Tenorio was on Ecuavisa the other day pissed speaking about what was going to happen this week if the payments didn't come through. And now the suspension is real. Rodrigo Paz mentioned this over a year ago that the futbol ecuatoriano is going to enter a crisis really soon if the FEF doesn't construct a serious plan to fix all these financial issues regarding payments and limits on club expenses. A year later, it comes and smacks Chiri in his face. I want to hear now what he says about his marvelous plan about El Canal del Futbol that was supposed to help the smaller clubs out with their financial issues. LOL Now everyone says "no wonder the Paz family was b*tching about it last season." Funny thing is the smaller clubs are the ones facing the biggest issues. So much for the Chiri's plan. Now the pressure to fix this issue will eat him up and I'm glad. And like you said, I'm sure Edwin Tenorio and Ivan Hurtado won't take the BS and side with him or give him a chance. It's either him and the FEF fix this issue or we remain on a strike. And FINALLY I'm glad these damn dirigentes are growing some balls to show they're against him. There's a good handful of them now who clearly state they think it's better for him to step aside.

I did hear about Vizuete's microciclos being cancelled due to financial problems too. I don't know what to say about the next U-20 squad to be honest. I don't see that going to well in the South American U-20 in January. And it's a shame b/c there's a decent generation right now for that squad. Not as good as the ones from a few years back, but this new U-20 has pretty good material.

16. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Let me add that FEF itself is 2 months behind on TV rights money towards clubs, Jaime Estrada (Manta's FC President) claimed this as well, that whole TV Rights just screwed this league, Granted my club BSC always has financial problems but we always had that little one thing that bought us a few more months, but seeing Cuenca and D Quito its just bad.

17. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Also, I agree with you guys when you say that if we are gonna get Bauza, we need him ASAP, because as most Liguistas I'm sure will agree, he gets results but does require time, I remember his first year in Liga there was a lot of Trial and error, once he got the team going he did accomplish the best futbol team Ecuador has ever had, but it does not change that he will need time, switching to a line of 3 will be interesting but who are those 3? do we go with 3 CB good headers and strong bodied? Erazo, Campos, Morante? (just examples of players) or use LB and RB too? Bagui comes to mind as a player that covers the wing and the center. is there room for classic wingers in such formation? how will Valencia play in this team? maybe you liguistas might be able to shed some light into this.

-----------------------------------------------Dominguez----------------------------------------
    -------Campos---------------------------------Erazo----------------------------------Bagui-----
    -----Paredez----------------------------------Gruezo---------------------------------Ramirez---
    ------------------Valencia---------------------Arroyo--------------------------------Jeff---------
    ----------------------------------------------Enner------------------------------------------------

Is a line up like this something Bauza might try with a few name changes.

b9d23m89 repped this.
  18. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    That is very true. With Bauza, results won't come instantly. We might suffer a bit through the beginning and I think the friendlies before Copa America and Copa America itself will be a good time to make those mistakes and see how well our players would be able to adapt to a different system whether it's 3 at the back or 4. But Bauza is one of those coaches that takes a bit of time to get you where you need to be. I think a good 6-8 games as a minimum before Qualifiers would get him into the right flow of things. Hopefully 2 or 3 before Copa America, 3 during the Copa America (or more), and 2 before the Qualifier begins. That's almost equivalent to half the number of games you play during a Qualifier. Anyways, I can say that if we played the line of 3 right now we'd be experimenting a lot. But the big plus here is Campos, Achilier, Narvaez, Erazo, Canga, Mendoza, and Bagui have all played in a line of 3. Besides them Robert Arboleda and Fernando Leon would be the only other two players who we're most likely to experiment with that haven't be introduced to this system. That's why I've been saying for a while that our players are no stranger to the line of 3. Do you guys remember when Sixto Vizuete wanted to try it out? He tried it out here in the US in a friendly vs. Colombia and it failed. But those were other times when Ecuadorian club teams were JUST starting to play that system. This is a good 6 years later when multiple clubs have used it repeatedly and players have been able to adjust to this system for years now and ALSO transition back to the line of 4 with no problem whenever their coaches make the switch. Liga, D. Quito, Barcelona, El Nacional, Emelec, D. Cuenca, U. Catolica- all used this system, and maybe a few others tried it out at times as well. This year it seems like the line of 3 hasn't been as popular anymore, but it's something that our players can make the transition to if needed. That being said, I don't think it will take too much time to adjust to it as it would have maybe even 4 years back. The only key thing to remember is 1. you need fast center backs and 2. you need carrileros that can cover ground and run for days having a great balance between offense and defense.

If Bauza were to be assigned coach at this moment my ideal team would be this:
    3-4-2-1
    Dominguez; Canga (Achilier), Mendoza, Erazo; Paredes, Valencia, Noboa (Gruezo), Ramirez; Arroyo, Montero (Ibarra); Enner

I don't know how well Achilier is doing right now but if he can HOPEFULLY perform like he once did in his best moments during the Qualifier, then i'd probably start him over Canga until Canga gets more experience. I really like Mendoza in the middle he's awesome at anticipating and very fast for a center back. Erazo is a bit slow, but not too slow that it would kill us. With Mendoza, Achilier/ Canga next to him Erazo would have the perfect company. Other options on the bench: John Narvaez who is also fast and Jairo Campos (if healthy and in good form) who has decent speed for a center back. We'd have to see how Robert Arboleda and Fernando Leon could adapt to this sytem too. Arboleda to me is a bit faster than Leon. Now about Eduardo Morante, he's too slow in a line of 3 IMO. To my recollection when he played in Liga's line of 3 last year he got eaten up several times and it was all due to his slowness. I'd also say that we have no idea if Morante will ever come back. He's doing good in Cuenca lately, but the real question is how long will it last him and will he make it back to a bigger team and perform at a great level like he once did? I have my doubts, but we'll see.

Paredes i'd have a carrilero without question on the right and instead put Antonio in the middle to play with either Noboa or Gruezo (who will eventually earn his spot). Ramirez IMO fits perfectly as a carrilero on the left. He has lots of projecting going up the field and I've always said this kid is more of a volante/carrilero than anything. He'd have to brush up his defense a bit, but I'm sure with Bauza he'd do just fine until Gabriel Corozo is ready (IMO once Corozo consolidates himself in Spain, he can win this position over Ramirez). Arroyo and Jeff as 2 mediapuntas creating for Enner OR we could also play with an enganche eventually w/ Miller Bolanos, Michael Arroyo, Juan Cazares, or Junior Sornoza and have 2 puntas with Enner and Marlon/Felipe/Penilla up front. La idea es que los mediapuntas tengan gol....and I'm calling out on Jeff Montero b/c he NEEDS to fix that aspect in his game. We need more effectiveness from him meaning MORE goals, MORE assistances, LESS ball hogging, LESS screw ups and wasted opportunities. Arroyo I know for a fact can offer goals via long shots and free kicks. He offers great passing and assists through his creativity. Enner, i don't even need to speak about. You all know what Enner can do. I wouldn't want Montero to get benched, but he MUST fix that aspect in his game b/c I can look at a player like Cristian Penilla or Fidel Martinez and feel like they won't screw me over like Montero. They play for the team and are effective. Sornoza, Miller, and Cazares are all also very effective players. They're either putting in the assist or scoring themselves. Marcos Caicedo hopefully one day can be consistent as well b/c when he's on point he is also a very effective player. So that's my beef with Jeff Montero. I'd hate for someone like him to be riding the bench but reality is there's a good number of effective players we are going to have available for us to unconditionally let him start.

Towards the end of the Qualifier I would hope to see one of these line ups:

Dominguez; Canga(Narvaez), Mendoza, Erazo; Paredes, Valencia, Gruezo, Corozo; Miller (Arroyo); Enner, Marlon

or

Dominguez; Canga (Narvaez), Mendoza, Erazo; Paredes, Valencia, Gruezo, Corozo; Montero (Arroyo), Ibarra (Miller); Enner

19. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Vizuete explaining why Ecuadorian coaches have not reached higher levels.

“Siempre nos ha faltado preparación a los técnicos ecuatorianos, pero cómo prepararse si en las formativas te pagan un mes y no te pagan cinco, y de lo poco que ganas no alcanza para asistir a cursos en otros países...Uno lo ha logrado por los sueños que ha tenido, pero no con la ayuda de los otros equipos, a mí por ejemplo, me ayudó mucho una beca que gané en el IESS”.

20. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    #145 b9d23m89, Jul 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  21. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    `
    I have my concerns, Bauza's San Lorenzo destroyed Bolivar (a good, solid team) tonight, I believe San Lorenzo will win this Libertadores, if such thing happens, will his price go up? rightly so, he'll have more offers, I'm sure he has a soft spot for Ecuador and all things accomplished but he will look for his own interest, I'm afraid that he might become unaffordable for us.
    Pinto finally admitted some type offer from Ecuador, I remember people close to FEF that Chiriboga saying his plan was to make Rueda stay,, if not hire Pinto. I do not see this as much as an option, I mean Pinto has official offers from Peru and Costa Rica, countries in where he accomplished great things, Ecuador was bad chapter in his book, almost relegated El Nacional.
    Now, Chiriboga had no other option but to let Rueda go, if he had extended his contract right now, that was pretty much handing the FEF presidency to whoever decides to claim themselves a contender, the press, fans hatred towards Rueda would have eventually spread towards clubs presidents/owners. and would have resulted in his exit.
    Guys, make no mistake, Chiriboga is not a dumb person, he created a structured system of election that all 22 Associations and 24 clubs have an equal amount of relevance when it comes to voting. meaning Liga's, BSC and Emelec's opposition will not have any effect in the voting as long as he has the small clubs in his pocket, for example there are rumors that Grecia's and some other heads of second division clubs traveled to Brazil with expenses paid by the FEF.
    This is a personal suspicion but somehow I think Vizuete will be our next permanent coach.

22. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    It wouldn't at all surprise me if Vizuete was named head coach of the NT sometime in the near future. I was actually thinking about this the other day. If he does well and has the NT playing well, Chiriboga might just go ahead and appoint him head coach. He'd come cheaper than all the other names that are rumored to be on the short list of candidates.

When it comes to Pinto, I look at him in the same light as I do Rueda. Both advocate conservative futbol...almost to a fault. It might have worked with Costa Rica but it wont work for us. Unlike Costa Rica, we have the players needed to play a more aggressive, attack-oriented style.

I hope Bauza takes over come January. All things considered, he's out best choice.

23. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Watching Man U vs. LA Galaxy... Man U has switched to a line of 3 on the back... Valencia is starting too so there is another player that is going to play on the system of 3 defenders. Yes!

24. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Does anybody have the stats of Vizuete as coach of the NT? If we do well in these friendlies and show some nice attacking football, I don't understand why we shouldn't give him another chance.

25. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    #150 b9d23m89, Jul 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
    I have never questioned Vizuete's style of playing. As a matter of fact, I think he made the NT play the best futbol I've ever seen in my life. The game at home in Quito vs. Brazil for the 2010 Qualifier was possibly the best futbol I've seen Ecuador play til this day. But my doubts with Vizuete come from another end- his leadership and "mano dura". I think that's something he lacks. When he was coach, Edison Mendez and Ivan Hurtado led the team how they pleased, input their own ideas, and opposed to Vizuete's instructions at times. Let's not forget Edison made it publicly known that he didn't think Vizuete was qualified to coach the NT and said he wouldn't return as long as Vizuete was there, and later changed his mind and came back. Vizuete indirectly said towards the end of that Qualifier that Mendez was a bit of a problem. Everyone knows about Edison and Ivan's issues in that Qualifier. If I remember correctly there was a bit of an issue w/ who should be wearing the captain band as well- Edison or Ivan, but anyway it seemed to me that Vizuete had trouble handling those two players. Although it is true that we don't have players with that kind of personality anymore, it concerns me STILL whether he would be able to handle this group or not. 4 years have passed and he still wasn't able to consolidate himself in the ecuadorian league while he coached El nacional (which has problems of its own). But I'll be fair, and I won't completely judge him on how he did in El Nacional b/c I know what he's capable of. I did say at one point that I'd like to see him coach the NT again in the future, but I don't know if the "future" is now. I feel like he hasn't made much progression in the last 4 years besides Qualifying the U-20 to the WC and performing really well and taking them to the round of 16 with possibilities to have gone even farther. But it's like he's still missing something.

If you ask me to choose between Vizuete and Pinto, I'd choose Vizuete to be honest. At least now, the selection of players Vizuete would have and the situation we are in is ten million times better than what he was dealing with in the 2010 Qualifiers. There's no comparison. This Ecuador has a consolidated base that is still young and w/ younger upcoming talent that Vizuete himself has had a hand in developing since a few years back. The U-20 that he was in charge of 3 years ago is the same squad that will be feeding players to this NT during this Qualifier. And the players that were once extremely young and inexperienced (like Felipe and Montero) during the 2010 Qualifier are now experienced players who have played a WC. So that's a plus.

Those are basically the cons and pros of Vizuete from my point of view.